1.5 updated to 2.1?!?

I have no idea how this has happened, but I went to run my DCS 1.5 install a little while ago after playing around in 2.1. I got the pop up that said the DCS updater has a new version, do I wish to update... Yes.

It fired up and its looks like 2.1, in the bottom right it says 2.1 and I get a pop up telling me that I don't have the terrain installed... Odd I thought, I must have launched 2.1 by mistake. Exited to desktop, re-started. Same thing... Exited to desktop 'Open file location' for the shortcut, takes me to the DCS 1.5 installation folder.

Started it again, went to the module manager and it tells me that the Normandy and Nevada terrain are available, do I want to download, I click yes to see what it does and it's now 3/4 of the way through copying just short of 50GB of files from my DCS World 2 install directory!

Here's the Auto Update Log

autoupdate_log_old.txt

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Have you edited manually the build?

your log says DCS/2.0.5.3889.199 and updated to 2.1.0.5677.215

but your location says E:\DCS World 1.5

somewhere down the line you have changed versions from 1.5 to 2.0

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Your "basedir" line says you named it as 1.5, but the version info clearly indicates, that before the update, the folder already had 2.0.5 in it, so looks like you somehow overwritten your 1.5 with 2.0 previously.

Well, whatever happened there, your 1.5 is dead for good. I suppose you could try to convert this failed copy back into 1.5 spec using relevant command line, but it's going to be safer to ditch the thing and reinstall from scratch.

Just make sure you don't execute anything form your current "proper" 2.1 folder install! :D

Edit - sniped by BN!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Guaranteed that this morning before starting the update of 2.0 to 2.1 that the 1.5 was un-modified and unchanged as I was flying one of the Viggen training missions in Georgia. I haven't touched it since quitting that, and I swear that I haven't tried any tricks.

The only thing I have done today was update Skate Zilla's Updater tool to try and get the Normandy terrain installed as I couldn't see it in the 2.1 Modules section. That did fail however and told me that NORMANDY_terrain was an unknown module. I did the cmd line one after that and it worked, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Sure is odd, but yeah, I've already figured that 1.5 is dead now and I'll need a fresh install.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Guaranteed that this morning before starting the update of 2.0 to 2.1 that the 1.5 was un-modified and unchanged as I was flying one of the Viggen training missions in Georgia. I haven't touched it since quitting that, and I swear that I haven't tried any tricks.

The only thing I have done today was update Skate Zilla's Updater tool to try and get the Normandy terrain installed as I couldn't see it in the 2.1 Modules section. That did fail however and told me that NORMANDY_terrain was an unknown module. I did the cmd line one after that and it worked, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Sure is odd, but yeah, I've already figured that 1.5 is dead now and I'll need a fresh install.

Hi i know what happend , had it myself this evening !

you have updated dcs 1.5 through skatezilla's updater utility with the wrong settings ! you have set , select build to manage to release build , and you pushed on button , update to latest open alpha version!!!

solution , set select build to manage to release built , and push , update to release version!!this should work !!!!

VEAO-Signature-Hawk-Tester.jpg

Updating using the Windows Start Menu selection (created by the installation process) or the executable directly from the command line, instead of a 3rd party external program not supported by ED, will always keep something like this from happening.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: