Iris-t-SL and MEADS

Dutchy

Uhm, neither IRIS-T SL nor MEADS are in service anywhere. While IRIS-T SL is suppossed to be a finished product by Diehl Defence that is just waiting for some customers, MEADS on the other hand was just a study project that has been cancelled already. Some results of the MEADS project will be used for the new german TLVS project that is supposed to replace the Patriot in German service sometime in the future.

So I don't see any reason why those two systems should be in DCS, as they are not in service anywhere or just exist on paper even.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also, both the Hawk and Patriot have been heavily upgraded since their intial dates, just like the various iterations of the Soviet/Russian sams.

I would personally like to see some crappier manpads / SHORAD systems...

Sa-7/14, Redeye, chapperal etc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Also, both the Hawk and Patriot have been heavily upgraded since their intial dates, just like the various iterations of the Soviet/Russian sams.

I would personally like to see some crappier manpads / SHORAD systems...

Sa-7/14, Redeye, chapperal etc.

Chaparral is in DCS, though I would like to see more cold war AD equipment, say mid-50s to late 70s. But also including things like more RADARs and also, not just exclusively Soviet/RU or USA systems.

As for IRIS-T-SL and MEADs I believe these are systems in development, so probably not the best bet for DCS the best bet is A: adding more AD systems from appropriate periods (e.g pre. 2000) and upgrading the frigging SA-6 and S-300P

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yeah, we do indeed need much more early cold war AD!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am missing a modern western medium SAM. HAWK has been decommisioned about 15 years ago. The Russian systems are up to date in DCS. Some Europeaan countries use NASAMS as a replacement for HAWK. Russia has the BUK.

Edited by Dutchy

Well, the the truth is, that the west has pretty much abandoned short amd medium range air defense after the end of the Cold War, so there isn't much in that regard in real life either. This is about to change now, as the geopolitical situation has shifted again and made such systems important again. It takes a while though for new systems to be established.

Tornado3 small.jpg