Can't takeoff in C-101EB

Gullwing91

Hi, First I'm very impressed, what a great aircraft. But though I'm fine flying around and landing I can't take off. I've followed the checklist, including flaps, trim, ignition setting, checked the airbrake isn't out, these are all ok but with the throttle fully forward the aircraft accelerates very slowly and I'm only doing about 90 kts by the time I hit the end of the runway. What am I missing?

Which runway? (Some are rather short... esp. on the Normandy map)

How much fuel? (Use the rearm/refuel to check your weight.)

Any headwind? (Wind direction might be hindering things.)

Brakes? (Use the control-indicator to check you don't have wheel brake input)

That all said, the power-to-weight ration of the C-101 is not very high, so if you are used to some of the front-line fighter jets, you may need to allow for some extra things. Also, if you are still having problems, try posting a track and we can take look.

What am I missing?

The aircraft accelerates quite slowly, do you throttle up to max rpm (N1=96.4%) before releasing your brakes/starting your takeoff roll.

Estimated Figures for the C-101CC

• Max (MK-82*2, LAU 68*2, AIM-9M*2, DEFA 553 CANNON and 84% fuel) 6243 kg = Vr=114, Vto=137 IAS

• Clean (84% fuel) 5140 kg = Vr=103, Vto=123 IAS

Measured Takeoff roll at max weight (6243 kg), using Takeoff flaps

• Batumi = 6,590 ft of 8,051 ft available.

Note: Another thing to look out for is that "Options\Gameplay>Game Flight Mode" has *not* been enabled, as it has been causing issues in some other modules.

Update for info - C-101EB Kutaisi Test

Estimated Figures for the C-101EB

• Max (100% Fuel) 5260 kg = Vr=105, Vto=126 IAS

Measured Takeoff roll at max weight (5260 kg), using Takeoff flaps (zero wind).

• Kutaisi = 4,600 ft of 8,202 ft available.

Edited by Ramsay
Add C-101EB takeoff roll info from Kutaisi

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for your replies. The runway I'm testing on is Groom Lake. Fuel level is set to 35% and loadout is empty. I do throttle up to max but the brakes don't hold me so I start to roll well before I get there. No wind. I will check out the control indicator and also game flight mode as suggested, thanks.

Thanks for your replies. The runway I'm testing on is Groom Lake. Fuel level is set to 35% and loadout is empty. I do throttle up to max but the brakes don't hold me so I start to roll well before I get there. No wind. I will check out the control indicator and also game flight mode as suggested, thanks.

I just did a quick test.

C101EB

Sim mode

35% fuel

Groom Lake

Spawn position 12

Take-off RWY 32R

I needed 1.3 km (approx. 0.8 miles / 4265 ft) to get airborne. Indicated airspeed was about 140-150 knots, or thereabouts.

The 32R runway is 3.6km long, so you should have plenty of space, even without standing on the brakes during throttle-up. And there's even more space on 32L.

My guess is still the control curves (throttle not max? wheel brakes slightly applied?). However, something else you could try is making a mission with a "hot start from ramp". This would then let you see if it is something with your start-up procedure (maybe something with fuel flow, or engine warm up or something).

I found the problem, my wheelbrakes were reversed so I was trying to take off with them full on. Amazed I got airborne at all (the one time I did). Your help is much appreciated, many thanks. Feeling a bit sheepish, had forgotten about that handy controls indicator, better check out the assignments for my other aircraft.