'Mid Range' DCS Modules?

In a fairly recent podcast interview, Wags mentioned that ED and third parties were working on Modules that were more comparable to FC3 Aircraft than full blown study sims.

Ive read a few places that say lower fidelity modules sell way more than the 'study' modules. I'm just wondering why ED haven't announced these mid range modules yet.

...Or maybe they have recently announced them and there's going to be a lot of disappointed people. Me included.

...Or maybe they have recently announced them and there's going to be a lot of disappointed people. Me included.

This came on my mind also. Currently three other jet fighters are (more or less) announced by ED, but the level of fidelity is not.

'Mid-Range' will not bear the DCS brand - that's the distinction.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This came on my mind also. Currently three other jet fighters are (more or less) announced by ED, but the level of fidelity is not.

Two: F-15 and SU-27SM.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I can understand that it would be fine to implement a DCS variant of these aircraft alongside FC3, but a mid-fidelity standalone version would seem odd (unless it is very different in some regards).

Wasn't the Hornet announced, or did I get mixed up with official info and forum speculation?

The "extra artwork" that people have bought in FC3, will be offered again to the same people but now with low fidelity??

I shouldn't have bought FC3, but rather have waited for a better module.

I remember on "Wags" radio broadcast he mentioned the Hornet and I'm sure in the DCS overview video as well.

Could someone please provide a link to where it was mentioned about less fidelity modules,

Thanks,

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Hangon, in Wags 3rd May update he says...

"Work will also accelerate on development of DCS: F-15C and DCS: Su-27. I hope to talk more about those next week."

So doesn't that mean the F-15C and Su-27 will be of similar fidelity to the A-10C or am I misunderstanding?

I'm more hanging out for the F/A-18C if you couldn't tell from my forum name/sig :music_whistling:

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

As Viper says earlier in thread,"mid" range modules will not carry the DCS brand,I take that to mean the ones DCS puts out will be to "Warthog" spec,

There again "Everything is subject to change" :)

Mick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

If it has not been changed since, it's stated that a module can be released under 2 forms:

Mid fidelity => will be branded as 'Module (ie F-22) FOR DCS World'

High fidelity => Like we know: 'DCS: module_name (ie. A-10c)

So: IRIS F-22 for DCS World (exemple) => Mid-fidelity, FC3 like

And: DCS: A-10c Warthog => High fidelity,...

And: DCS: UH-1H Huey by Belsimtek => High fidelity

You get it?

Great. :thumbup: Now a little exercise:

DCS: F-15C will be...

DCS: Su-27SM will be...

DCS: Mig-21bis by Studio Beczl will be...

:)

EDIT: I was quite sure the Hornet was on preparation too. Where is it? Where is the naval Ops?:huh:

Oh, yeah, I get it: 'Everything is subject to change'. We'll sure see it, but seems like focus has been on other products. We have to wait.

I just wait official word about it. C'mon ED, you're great.:thumbup:

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

If it has not been changed since, it's stated that a module can be released under 2 forms:

Mid fidelity => will be branded as 'Module (ie F-22) FOR DCS World'

High fidelity => Like we know: 'DCS: module_name (ie. A-10c)

So: IRIS F-22 for DCS World (exemple) => Mid-fidelity, FC3 like

And: DCS: A-10c Warthog => High fidelity,...

And: DCS: UH-1H Huey by Belsimtek => High fidelity

It is possible that fidelity may refer to the "faithfulness" and not necessarily the level of detail of a module. So having mid fidelity would allow ED to create an F-35 or T-50 even though information for either airplane is not readily available. The module could still be as complex and detailed as the A-10C, but filled in with guesses.

It could also be referring to modules other than just aircraft. If ED develops a ship simulator, it may be unfeasible to model all of the ship operations to high fidelity since most people would expect to man multiple stations of a ship and not just get "DCS: Bertholf: Comm Officer" or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im not too bothered if some of the modules to be released , will be just FC3 additions . If we want everything to be DCS quality , we would possibily be talking years .

And how many DCS products can one person master , especially if your an ageing fart like me . Ive been at the A-10C for about 10 months now , and still haven't mastered it all .

Personally , Im looking forward to the DCS F-18C , and the A-7D ..... for now . But it wouldn't bother me if the A-7 isn't exactly DCS quality .

This is heading to be a brilliant sim , as it already is !!!

F/A18C, yepeee !! the first fighter that made me love military flight simulation. Thanks to GraphSim, first nice sim game dedicated on MacOS.

Next big thanks and support will be for Eagle Dynamcs ;)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Didn't we just receive several mid range fidelity fighters in FC3, which included beautiful 6DOF cockpits?

I mean, if you want mid range fidelity, just buy FC3 and you'll get a ton of airplanes for a moderate price (4 of those planes include new 6DOF cockpits).

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

As far as I know, ED has only announced that they are working on A-10C quality aircraft, such as the F/A-18C, F-15C and the Su-27. I'm pretty sure they have already confirmed that these are going to become A-10C quality, so I don't know what aircraft you are talking about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great. :thumbup: Now a little exercise:

DCS: F-15C will be High fidelity

DCS: Su-27SM will High fidelity

DCS: Mig-21bis by Studio Beczl will be. High fidelity

:)

there fixed that for you and please read the annoucements of the developers better ;)

For now IRIS mentoined some FC3 lvl aircraft like F-14 and F-22 and VEAO is discussing a FC3 version of DCS: HAWK (which you left out btw)

There is even more coming and proably DCS-F18 is in the works paralell to F-15 and Su-27.

One other think i rather would like to see is how far is EDGE and are there new terrain developers with some screenies.

I don't get what the problem with FC lvl aircrafts is.

Having wide range of fidelity is a very good thing to have as it will attract people with different preferences to DCS World, strengthening the platform. Forcing high-fidelity on every addon will achieve nothing, as developers who cannot/don't want/don't feel confident developing a high-fidelity mod will just move to another platform (FSX, X-plane...), and we, DCS World users, will end up will less mods to choose from.

I don't get what the problem with FC lvl aircrafts is.

Having wide range of fidelity is a very good thing to have as it will attract people with different preferences to DCS World, strengthening the platform. Forcing high-fidelity on every addon will achieve nothing, as developers who cannot/don't want/don't feel confident developing a high-fidelity mod will just move to another platform (FSX, X-plane...), and we, DCS World users, will end up will less mods to choose from.

I don't know if anyone in this thread has a problem with them, I mean, at least I have not really seen any negativity in here about them (though I am one of those who won't buy anything less than full DCS level for DCS world because I find the FC stuff kinda stale in comparison).

Eagle Dynamics seems to be putting a lot of it's efforts into it's DCS level simulations and honestly that is good because we know they will do really good work, 3rd party stuff is always somewhat of a risk so I think they are best to tackle the mid-level and FC level stuff (some of the planned 3rd party modules are going to have to be FC level because of classified material anyway).

I the end, I do kinda wish ED would make a official move to DCS level products only but that is more of a personal taste than anything.

Was kinda shocked that F15/Su27 wont be A10c fidelity but at least Hornet will be so that'll do. I personally would have built up the historical stable more in a bid to corner the hi-fi WWII market. The lo-fi stuff doesn't rev my engine:music_whistling: