SRS PPT and RADIO menu call with one DX button.

chihirobelmo

When I use SRSPPT so that we can communicate like in the actual fighter cockpit, I have to assign double the number of buttons.

For example, in the coming F-16, it will take 4 buttons for comm switches, because I will assign SSRPPT and in-game RADIO menu call corresponding to UHF and VHF of the throttle.

Sure I can just assign the same button to both SRSPPT and RADIO menu now, but currently, I have to close the radio menu by pressing the button again after I talked on SRS.

If only short pressing the assigned DX button calls the RADIO menu, but do nothing when hold, things can be less annoying.

Short Press: RADIO menu call.

Hold Press: SRS Push To Talk.

The Tomcat already has such functionality. In the Tomcat's special options you can select how the Mic buttons should work. There are different options to choose from. Out of my head they are as follows:

- Mic buttons work as SRSPTT and as DCS radio menu call.

- Mic buttons work as SRSPTT. To make a DCS radio menu call you have to first press # and then the corresponding mic button to open the radio menu. (That's what I'm using)

- There's a third option but I forgot what it was.

I would appreciate if other modules would offer that option as well! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 years later...