Mission Planning Radio Freqs Question

Nagilem

Setting up a mission with lots of possible player AC and I want to give all AC the same radio setup on a per plane type. So F18s might have comm1 channel 1 127 and channel 2 288 etc.

Is there an easy way besides editing every single AC to get this done :helpsmilie:? I know each AC type will need a setup - This mission will primarily be f18s and f14s so I want to setup the radios for all AC the same per type.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

If you have the mission already made, then no, the only way is editing each aircraft manually.

BUT, for future missions, you can setup a Static Template with one sample of each aircraft, that one sample with the radios fully setup to the frequencies you want. For example, I have this template for my Caucasus missions:

XVuY0RH.jpg

After loading the template I just copy-paste the aircraft types that I need, for example this is the Mirage:

p8nFFFH.jpg

And this is the F-18:

nl0Efsy.jpg

After I'have copied as many units as I need, I delete the template units, save the Mission and then proceed to edit whatever else the mission needs.

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You can set up a standard set of radio frequency assignments like the one attached. Using a program like WinRAR you can then search the .miz file for the radio presets and cut/replace them with your .txt file presets. Should be somewhat less laborious than editing each AC in the ME.

@Rudel_CHW - Thank you for the template suggestion. Would you be able to post your template file? I'd like to take a look at how templates work and it would be helpful to see one configured.

@Habu - Thank you for that suggestion to search and replace. That is definitely what I will need to do this time. When I open the miz file, it isn't readable text. Witht the attached file, do I search and replace that whole block? Do I have to use WinRaR or can I use Notepad ++? Have you had any issues with doing this?

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

@Rudel_CHW - Thank you for the template suggestion. Would you be able to post your template file? I'd like to take a look at how templates work and it would be helpful to see one configured.

Sure, here it is .. the STM file goes on /Saved Games/DCS/StaticTemplate ... the Excel file has the documentation of what each frequency is for.

If you edit a mission outside of DCS, using WinRAR or similar, create a copy of the Mission first, just in case the manual edit goes wrong.

Caucasus - Radio Presets - Red & Blue (by Rudel_chw).zip

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Nagilem. I use WinRAR, so am only familiar with it. I suspect WinZIP functions similarly. You can open the .miz file to see file structure, then extract and open the "mission" file to readable text with Notepad++ (free program -- Do NOT use Notepad). Search and replace the blocks of text with the radio freqs. Re-zip the .miz file