So where is the multi crew that was promised for the mi8 and Huey over 5 years ago?

hazzer

the multi crew feature you and I repurchase 5 years ago was implemented in the Gazelle helicopter and the L-39C.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It has been FIVE years since the mi8 has been released, we shouldn't still be waiting for promised features.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Well you’ll all be happy to know, that the same crew that did the MI8 and now working on the hind. OH and guess what, they are promising Multicrew capability. LOL.

Maybe it’s a case of 3rd time lucky with implementing this, as god knows they’ve not managed it for either the Huey or the MI8.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3930888&postcount=198

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

@Cowboy10uk, also try to think about all that features you got for free which were not even known at release date... VR support, new units, posibility to cooperate newer airframes...or would you rather keep complaining about missing feature which was found to be complicate to implement...

@Cowboy10uk, also try to think about all that features you got for free which were not even known at release date... VR support, new units, posibility to cooperate newer airframes...or would you rather keep complaining about missing feature which was found to be complicate to implement...

Well VR support and working with other units was already in game, so that’s just part of the base game. IF it was too complicated to implement then if they came out and said that, then fine. That’s life.

However they haven’t, All they keep doing is making excuses and saying it’s still coming.

IF I purchase an aircraft that promises a feature, then YES I do expect that feature to be implemented unless they turn round and state, sorry guys we tried but it can’t be done.

Now granted this is the third time now, this team has stated they will be bringing coop MP play to a Helo. AS yet they haven’t delivered on one of them despite half a decade passing, so yes I’m salty about the issue.

As stated, if they hold up their hands and state that sorry it can’t be done, then fair enough, I accept that things change in development, Hell im a Star Citizen backer after all. BUT IF they say it’s still being worked on, then I do expect them to be working on it and not moving on to other projects and stating the same promises for the new airframe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Different case with the Mi24. It's a tandem cockpit, not a side by side.

It's like L39 & F14, there's far less synchronization issues.

These sync issues are what killed Gazelle multicrew, it's really the killing point as to why ED/BST can't get Mi8/Huey multicrew, while successfully working on Mi24 multicrew

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

These sync issues are what killed Gazelle multicrew, it's really the killing point as to why ED/BST can't get Mi8/Huey multicrew, while successfully working on Mi24 multicrew

Do you know this for certain or speculating? Because if you look in the f14 cockpit you can see everything is in sync with the front/back. I wonder if they even started working on it.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I think in the F14 the RIO can actually flick switches in front seat by looking over shoulder. ( at least a streamer told me they could when I thought I saw it in a stream), I don't have it my self to check.

That indicates to me HB may have cracked the issue, if they allow others to use it that would be epic.

I think in the F14 the RIO can actually flick switches in front seat by looking over shoulder. ( at least a streamer told me they could when I thought I saw it in a stream), I don't have it my self to check.

That indicates to me HB may have cracked the issue, if they allow others to use it that would be epic.

Yes it is possible!

And if a third party can do it so should ED; there are many sims that support multicrew in airliners with no sync issues. That isn't the problem. The problem is that they won't make any money off it now since it has been released their is 0 need to fulfil a promise.

The same theory has been posted on the russian Mi-8 forum and has been answered by a developer to be "100% NOT true" https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3777571&postcount=950

I believe the reason is far more simple. Why should ED invest a huge amount of resources for a feature that will be barely used. I don't think most people are going to spend their precious simming time flying as a copilot in the Hip/Huey doing next to nothing. I love the idea if multicrew, but it's wasted on an aircraft where one crew member can operate every single system without being overwhelmed. And as for improved SA and proper flying procedures, thats something that can be achieved with a decent AI.

The problem is that they won't make any money off it now since it has been released their is 0 need to fulfil a promise.

A little harsh considering BST/ED brought us the best simulation of a transport helicopter available on a desktop PC don't you think?

Edited by sLYFa

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

@sLYFa, I have identified 3 facts in original statement, which is 100% false:

1) caused by network problems, ping to server have to be under 50 and 15 between players

2) in 2.5 is all bad

3) in L39 are not such problems...

if we will take it 100% false:

It is not caused by network problems

2.5 is not all bad

in L39 are such problems...

So speculation about separete cockpits can live another day. ;-)

Anyway I can comply that Mi-8 is best simulation of transport helicopter on PC. And for me I would rather have updated cockpit like Ka-50 is getting than multi-crew forced into current old one.

Well I just quited what billycrusher said. To be fair, he literally said that " all that is written in the text above (i.e. problems with side by side cockpit vs tandem cockpit), all 100% of it, have nothing to do with reality".

Anyway, you are right that noone outside ED knows what the problems are and what not.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

There is no difference in the player pilots seat order, all the pilots inputs goes through the simulation engine for all the avionics etc they do. It doesn't matter where they sit.

The own challenge is that how much are example a VR hands movements or helmets to be synced, again that has no difference in the seat order and those work like how helmet turns in cockpit like when someone flies next to you.

But this is feature that ED should have already finalized before any module comes out with co-op piloting. It is a DCS multiplayer network stack element and just should be there!

But if the developer quit months ago, what was he doing for five years?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well, if it's not a tandem/side by side issue, I'm eagerly awaiting ED's version of a working side by side multicrew, without refactoring the DCS code.

Then they can explain to Polychop people how they did it (again, without touching DCS engine, because if they need to refactor engine, then something is wrong in their code).

But again, it won't come. ED can declare it's not because their engine is not suited for it to their heart contempt, in the meantime, facts are speaking : nothing is coming....

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

I took PilotMi8's comment as implying it's not about to arrive in the immediate future:

MaKoUr : 2. Will it be possible to fly together on the Mi-24P in the network?

PilotMi8 : 2. Sometime - I think yes

PilotMi8

Тогда несколько вопросов:

1. Реализуете ли ракеты "воздух-воздух" Р-60?

2. Можно ли будет летать вдвоём на Ми-24П в сети?

3. Как планируете реализовать взаимодействие с ИИ (пилотом/оператором). По образу и подобию F-14?

1. Планируем

2. Когда-то - думаю да

3. Планируем, как - пока не буду ничего писать. "По образу и подобию" - сомневаюсь, т.к. мы начали работать над системой задолго до выхода "джестера" Хитблюра, и у нас были свои взгляды. Не утверждаю, что будет лучше, но что будет -точно.

to their heart contempt

Just in case you're interested - it's "to (or until / 'til) their heart's content" - meaning they do it until their heart is happy.

Cheers.

Thanks for the correction, I am indeed interested :)

I'll keep my crappy english uncorrected so that thread still make sense ;)

• 4 months later...

I too bought the Gazelle for the multi crew. Shame on me, but because of this I’m not buying the F-16 while it’s still in beta and until they implement more updates. I’m new to DCS and have all helos, and all but one map and most of the jets. More research on my part, I would have saved a lot of money... still, I’m loving experience, just a little wiser now.

One can gain a lot of wisdom being with DCS for years.

I love the Mi-8 and having multicrew option was awesome. On the other hand, as said before, it's a cargo heli and what would #2 and #3 do while #1 flies the heli ? fall asleep ??

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

One can gain a lot of wisdom being with DCS for years.

I love the Mi-8 and having multicrew option was awesome. On the other hand, as said before, it's a cargo heli and what would #2 and #3 do while #1 flies the heli ? fall asleep ??

Navigate, man weapons systems, help with adjusting autopilot etc... there are plenty of reasons that a second person should be in the cockpit.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

As long as a few 7.62mm bullets take out a Mi-8 it's not really needed, but I admit, yes, there are some tasks that the other crew members could potentially do from time to time. Still, that would be boring and I would only do that while eating a pound of Spaghetti ;)

They should rather fix the crippled damage model of this chopper first so it makes fun to fly it online.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X