Huey Failure Causes Wooble

beerfly

Are you adjusting the throttle?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Unless you’ve gone to manual governor, the throttle shouldn’t impact anything.

Can you post a track or a video?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks for answers guys, it's happening to both and my sister when we are playing a home brew map we have the huey setup as not at the beginning so haven't touch the throttle before I thought you don't have to, we just use collective and cyclic. We both get the wobble side to side around the same time we have no failures set up to happen so we must be stressing the gearbox somehow. I might need to read up more in the meantime I try to get some evidence to show you.

Again thanks really appreciate your time

so sorry, was doing this on my phone, using too much cyclic..stick input, and using collective to harshly could cause this, if I got what you mean right, the wobble will come in then.

try lift of and landings a bit smoother, and to replicate it....try dropping collective then adding a lot quick, you should get the same problem, reading the other post I just ran with throttle lol, without saying what I meant, was hard on a phone

Thanks for answers guys, it's happening to both and my sister when we are playing a home brew map we have the huey setup as not at the beginning so haven't touch the throttle before I thought you don't have to, we just use collective and cyclic. We both get the wobble side to side around the same time we have no failures set up to happen so we must be stressing the gearbox somehow. I might need to read up more in the meantime I try to get some evidence to show you.

Again thanks really appreciate your time

Generally if you've overstressed it it falls out of the sky. And yes correct you don't use throttle for normal flight.

Does the same thing happen say on a free flight on Caucasus map?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Cheers thrustvector and I know it's bad typing on phones Im on a firepad thing to with fat fingers and predictive text it's a pain. I think I'm using a little to much collective as I was slower at gaining g the height to get over the trees last night but still had the wobble start but later in my flight. The wobble is mechanical as though there is a issue with the propshaft from gearbox to read rotar.

Fragbum it's never happen before on any map thought if any it would have happened when we played king of Vegas it fell out the sky a lot there that is where we learnt to fly the Huey thus far.

give a start from runway on a home made or any mission really a start, so the computer sets up the huey, just out of interest to see if it still happens.

if not then you know you didn't set something wrong, if it does it may indicate a problem how your flying,.....possibly :)

can you show us a track?

• 1 month later...

Sorry, we've been playing the playground by reflected. Just come back to this.

I've done some testing.....used a clean Normandy map and all is okay. The map I created Huey wobbles after a while. I added new Huey and wobble. I've done it on a parking hot and turning...I set the the Huey in a direction then set autopilot. Wobble wobble.

I've deleted everything on the map including triggers.....wobble, wobble.....I defo don't have the random failures set.

At least it's not our flying....

I've just downloaded falklands_normandy.miz to test this....will be back.