Cockpit is blurry

Roger01

Hi guys,

I have a problem.

The A10C cockpit is very blurry, unless I choice SSAA x2, but I got a huge FPS drop (40fps...)

I try many options (nvidia and ingame option) and I have tested an high cockpit texture without sucess.

What can I do? SSAA x2 it's perfect but I can't fly with low fps... :(

I think we can't disable HDR right now?

Thanks !

(3 screens, options, without SSAA, with SSAA x2)

(7600k, 1070ti, 16GB, SSD)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I would recommend turning down some of your other setting. Like grass and ground clutter anything over a setting of 500 is simply over kill since 95% of your time you are never going to see it any way, why let it eat up so much of your resources? your preload radius is also likely to high. I would also say turn FLARE and dirt down to flare only. Turn filtering off in DCS and enable it through Nivida control panel and Vsync as well DCS dson't handle either setting in game very well at all. Also you might try hitting Lalt+ enter. I know it is claimed that this bug is fixed but doing so in my game increases my FPS from 50-60 to 90-100.

I have spent a significant amount of time making this sim run great and look good on hardware much weaker than yours and these mentioned above are the biggest FPS killers I have found.

Try

MSAA (-OFF-) or (2x)

Gamma (1.8

SSAA (1.5)

Textures in NVIDIA control panel to quality.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This is what I've been running at the moment.

Pic below was reduced down in size in Photoshop, so at max size it looks a little ordinary. (Default Textures too)

attachment.php?attachmentid=199210&stc=1&d=1543904741

attachment.php?attachmentid=199211&stc=1&d=1543904741

attachment.php?attachmentid=199212&stc=1&d=1543904741

Screen_181204_161927.thumb.jpg.be46914dd23a2d5e8e07326f4adbc449.jpg

Screen_181204_162024.thumb.jpg.3542f0cdae529e3bc2f8f514f9efb15e.jpg

NV_Control.jpg.699128a064d1ea1936a3f7790ee9d8fa.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I don't have any fps or what ever, except the a10c which is very flushed unless if I check SSAA x2 (not any other options I already tested :MSAA x"X", SSAA x1.5, a lot of nvidia option like texture quality, AA etc..)

If I use sur supersample at x2, I have an huge FPS drop, with or without vsync.

I don't have any problem with other aircrafts.

Thanks again!

You have to put textures on "high". It has nothing to do with other settings. On some planes their cockpit textures aren't linked to "textures" setting but with A10 and Huey you can't have lower that setting.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes all IS on high for testing. But If see on modelviewer2.exe that thé a10c cockpit has low texture than f18c. I try with a texture cockpit mod but it's similar. I read some forums and I'm not alone with this thing.

Edited by Roger01

Cheer up. Wags says new cockpits are coming for A-10C and Ka-50. Should clear a lot of stuff up. Yeah, my A-10 cockpit's a little blurry too. Just got to wait and see what the new cockpit's going to look like. Then go from there.

Should be better, because a lot of VR users are complaining they can't read some of the panels. And VR is becoming a big thing.

Cheer up. Wags says new cockpits are coming for A-10C and Ka-50. Should clear a lot of stuff up. Yeah, my A-10 cockpit's a little blurry too. Just got to wait and see what the new cockpit's going to look like. Then go from there.

Should be better, because a lot of VR users are complaining they can't read some of the panels. And VR is becoming a big thing.

Good to know, but 2 hornet pilots that just recently went on a little joyride in DCS F18 in VR said the same thing.

How big a thing is vr going to get, at this level of detail in the short to medium term?

I have been in the market to buy one but just to many negative comments on res.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

VR is incredible..but you trade a few things like resolution. IMHO it is more than worth it and it's only going to get better. Check out the DCS review from a user regarding the Pimax 5k+....sounds promising regarding resolution and FOV improvements but you'll need a beefy rig.

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to know, but 2 hornet pilots that just recently went on a little joyride in DCS F18 in VR said the same thing.

How big a thing is vr going to get, at this level of detail in the short to medium term?

I have been in the market to buy one but just to many negative comments on res.

Once you go VR there is no going back. Sure, the resolution is a bit lower but the immersion is incredible. What would you prefer, sitting behind a crisp screen in your house or flying for real but with a diving mask on? :smilewink: For me the choice is very simple.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

The first time an IR-guided SAM or MANPAD is shot at you, and you instantly acquire it visually, maneuver, and defeat it without even using flares, you'll see the undeniable advantage of flying in VR. The other great part in that scenario is that your body remembers where you were looking when you saw the missile launch, and you'll be able to easily swing around to that point and kill the launch vehicle with your gun in the A-10. VR just automatically meshes with your instinctual responses and everything is more natural. There's no way I could go back to watching an interactive video about flying a plane. In VR, you're actually flying a plane.:pilotfly:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Well, the best VR I have heard of yet is the Pimax 8k. I think it's 4k on each eye. Not sure how much they are asking for it.

VR is incredible..but you trade a few things like resolution. IMHO it is more than worth it and it's only going to get better. Check out the DCS review from a user regarding the Pimax 5k+....sounds promising regarding resolution and FOV improvements but you'll need a beefy rig.

Wow, that does look very promising.

Once you go VR there is no going back. Sure, the resolution is a bit lower but the immersion is incredible. What would you prefer, sitting behind a crisp screen in your house or flying for real but with a diving mask on? :smilewink: For me the choice is very simple.

I agree and am not knocking the VR thing at all. It is definitely the future just not sure if I am ready to dive in just yet.

I certainly will at some point though.

:thumbup:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

The first time an IR-guided SAM or MANPAD is shot at you, and you instantly acquire it visually, maneuver, and defeat it without even using flares, you'll see the undeniable advantage of flying in VR. The other great part in that scenario is that your body remembers where you were looking when you saw the missile launch, and you'll be able to easily swing around to that point and kill the launch vehicle with your gun in the A-10. VR just automatically meshes with your instinctual responses and everything is more natural. There's no way I could go back to watching an interactive video about flying a plane. In VR, you're actually flying a plane.:pilotfly:

Yeah, this is something that's hard to explain. Ironic because do it in real live ALL THE time. We've so been conditioned to fly on a 2D monitor that we forget sometimes. :D

The former FA18 aviators that flew DCS with TiR was annoyed because, well, it's not real and takes a lot of practice.

Then Mover (the FA18 jockey) recruited another aviator, Gonky, and they both flew in VR. I quote "HOLY $h!t this looks real" "It's better than the sims we used in the navy"

An the way the flew in formation, CCRP'd, and dogfought (is that a word? LOL) was pretty cool.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1