Just got Flaming Cliffs....

SATA drives wont be a problem (many of us including me) use them with no problems.

I don't see also why you would expect starforce to stop you burning CDs either. Obviously if you are burning and pirating CDs then hopefully you PC will die, but starforce will only be protecting flaming cliffs not monitoring all your other actions on the PC (well, it better not be..).

I had issues with it.

Specifically when trying to burn a DVD (backup of some data)

burns simply failed several times and I wasted like 4 discs, turns out my drive had been reduced to PIO mode, due to read errors.

so, whenever I need to burn a DVD/CD, I simply uninstall SF and have no issues, when I play lock on, I reload it.

sig-YF19a.jpg

That's strange.. I'm buring a lot of hmm backups on DVDs and no problems so far.

I have two StarForce protected games.

One is LO:FC web download and one is rally game CD protected.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

its only with some drives.

for example. I have a dvd/DL burner on my machine, and underneath a normal DVD-ROM.

the DVD burner always takes much longer to authenticate my lockonFC disc, (it spins, and spins trying to measure the physical angle between the first and last written sector on the CD) while the DVD rom takes much less. My laptop drive is even faster, so its definitelly my burner having issues reading the game (weak sectors or whatever starforce uses), therfore causing issues with read errors and windows automatically reducing interface speed to cope.

sig-YF19a.jpg