ka-50 GNSS CALC is not working [not found]

exnihilodub

Hi, I just tried to calculate a airdrome by entering it's name in ka-50's GNSS system, but everytime it returns [not found] message to me. I thought it may be my problem, skipping a detail in startup sequence, so I've started my ka-50 up in the air, also tried playing a premade mission but both to no avail.

This is what I've gone through:

*GNSS and ALTIMETER sensors are shown READY in MENU.

*Pressed F10, looked up 4-5 airport's ICAO code and all of them returned [not found]

*Leaving the code field empty, and clicking ENTER actually calculates some stuff and doesnt return a [not found].

*RAIM treshold is around 3000m

*It's in Route/AUTO mode instead of USER mode

*Used system is GPS/GLONASS, I have 9 green squares in the GNSS INFO menu.

I'd appreciate any help that you guys can give me. I've looked up the forums to see if I can find anything related to these problems, but all the other threads are either not answering my question, or so ancient that I don't want to necro them.

Thanks again for your support, and have a nice day :)

This is a long standing bug since a very early update. But fortunately there is a simple fix for this:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

This is a long standing bug since a very early update. But fortunately there is a simple fix for this:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/

thanks, i'll try it now.

Also I don't think that it would be so hard for ED to implement this feature, since even a user-made fix is possible. How can I propose this as a still valid bug? Or are there other evem more important bugs that this will vanish in the roadmap again?

EDIT:that actually worked. thanks! And I've noticed it's nothing but the ICAO codes added into the .lua file when opened both in Sublime and compared them. Shouldn't be too hard for ED to implement I'd assume?

Edited by exnihilodub
update

Well, I guess so, but personally I always think that, compares to complex and very time intensive things like ground radar, better damage modeling, etc., this is really a very very low priority, but on the other hand when ED implemente such a feature it is not just put the corrected files into the file structure, but they are also responsible for testing it if they are to officially release such a fix, and if such a player made solution would cause other problems only ED the developers of DCS engine envision is not something I can tell.

Just my hopefully-educated guess though :)

And apologize for my English, it's not my first language :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

no man, your english was comprehensible and understandable, no worries about that :)

but i doubt it'll need any testing or cause any instabilities at all. Im no programmer but it just looks like devs forgot to add ICAO codes to the .lua file. the fix only adds the ICAO codes between the left empty quotation marks.

anyways the fix works flawlessly and i think it should be made even more public to get noticed by new&old players alike.