X-65F rewiring

Hello From Argentina.

My x-65F have little/no use, I purchase some sims and 2 weeks later the thing start to have problems.

When I open up I found the most brutal assembly........wires cut because where under pressure of another components.....no way to fix it properly.

my old x52 was retired after many years of fine service, In my country this things are really expensive and I refuse to let the x65 die, I Want to rewire it.

I have CERO response to my emails asking Saitek/madkatz if they can provide wiring information or PCB replace parts, Is clear that I pay for the parts no problem, but I have no response.

I have 2 paths, new replacement PCB and rewire (if I can get the info/parts) or use another HID controller.

Can you point me in the right direction? (a guide with pictures will be nice :helpsmilie:) But some links and sharing your experience in similar projects will be very appreciated.:thumbup:

I really appreciate any response.

all bolts overtorqued (almost unable to disarm)

all wires twisted/some open,under tension by zip lock, bad weldings (you move a cable and it touch the close one.

the circular plate of the stick have wires that came from the stick, the metal have no hole for the cables, so there where almost cut.

The ps2 wires that enter the throttle where twisted and presed real badly inside.

When I open the stick some things started to work.....

It already have a bad rotator.

If they did that ugly work, I don't trust any wire.

I want to keep the stick and throttle, I may change the force sensing to normal joystick.

I work in IT, have 40 years, I fix many joys in the past but when you open a 350US metal x-65 and find this mess.....man how sad I was

By the way, I own several DCS modules, I don't came only for your experience, I was the right place to ask for favors :)

I plan to make a guide so all Saitek owners can use it.

I have one of these, but I wouldn't want to open it since it's working so well at the moment. Here is a thread with some pictures at Viperpits, but they don't seem to work right now. Good luck, you'll want to find how to the load cell outputs data.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the link: http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=7679.0

Edited by aeliusg

I think I will start over here.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=180

they already give me some starting point.

in response to an email I send:

It should be possible to connect them to our products but I think you will need to use maybe 2 or 3 of them.

Our products have only one dedicated hat switch input, however it is possible to connect hatswitches to regular button inputs and then map them to various other functions including hatswitches using third party software. I presume this is what happens with the current Saitek product as Windows will only allow a maximum of 2 hat switches per game controller.

Stick Controls:

3 x 8-way hats - 12 button inputs1 x 8-way thumb hat - hat switch input (or 4 button inputs)1 x trigger - 1 button input2 x buttons - 2 button inputs2 x pinkie switches - 2 button inputsNumber of buttons: 17 + hat switchYou didn't mention the actual joystick here but looking at the description it is a force sensitive stick and so probably uses a load cell. You can connect these to our joystick boards by using one of our loadcell amplifier boards but one thing I noticed however is that the force settings are adjustable but I'm not sure how you would implement this using our products. Each loadcell would connect to an analogue axis. Our products have a maximum of 8.For the throttle controls, I presume the rotaries are encoders and not rotary switches in which case this would be fairly simple. Each encoder requires one button input for each direction. TThrottle Controls:2 x rotaries (incorporating push button controls) - 6 button inputs (2 for each direction and 1 for the push button)1 x mouse hat - Require more information4 x 8-way hats - 16 button inputs1 x 2 way ‘K’ switch - 2 button inputs1 x scroll selector - Require more information1 x 4 position mode switch - 4 button inputsNumber of buttons: 28 (maybe 2 extra for the scroll selector)Number of analogue axis required: Potentially 2I am unsure as to how the mouse hat and scroll selector are made in this Saitek product. If the mouse is made of two potentiometers you can connect them both to two analogue axis and then map this function to that of a mouse using third party software. I am not familiar with a scroll selector. Is this similar to a mouse wheel? If so this probably works the same way as a rotary encoder so two button inputs can be used for this.It sounds as if you could use our products for this purpose but it will take some experimentation to make everything work how it should. At the moment I would suggest two BU0836X boards and possibly two load cell amplifier boards but I think more research is required to ensure it is indeed possible.

• 4 years later...