F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll  

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

Ok, thx! That clears things up! Though I still think the MiG-19p (could only get info on S) would out-turn the F-4's, with it's better wing-loading (325 kg/m2 MiG-19S/383 kg/m2 F-4E) and the same thrust-weight ratio (0.86 both).

Edited by asla36
Added measurement units.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a F-4 Phantom with this skin......Enjoy...Enjoy and Enjoy...

147445470_uk-pintrest-comjapanesesuperphantom.jpg.23cedaa873c79e8e9dd880fa79aa45ac.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Ok, thx! That clears things up! Though I still think the MiG-19p (could only get info on S) would out-turn the F-4's, with it's better wing-loading (325 kg/m2 MiG-19S/383 kg/m2 F-4E) and the same thrust-weight ratio (0.86 both).

Rather surprised here that the Mig-19P had the same TWR as the MiG-19...Interesting!

How about a F-4 Phantom with this skin......Enjoy...Enjoy and Enjoy...

I really like the way you think ;)

McDonnell_Douglas_%28Mitsubishi%29_F-4EJ_Kai_Phantom_II%2C_Japan_-_Air_Force_AN2289664.jpg

Just imagine an F4 with AN/ALQ-131 ECM pods and AIM-7F or M in DCS like the EJ Kai... even if it doesn't get a TGP I'd be in love.

Edited by Ice_Cougar
Spelling

Rather surprised here that the Mig-19P had the same TWR as the MiG-19...Interesting!

McDonnell_Douglas_%28Mitsubishi%29_F-4EJ_Kai_Phantom_II%2C_Japan_-_Air_Force_AN2289664.jpg

Just imagine an F4 with AN/ALQ-131 ECM pods and AIM-7F or M in DCS like the EJ Kai... even if it doesn't get a TGP I'd be in love.

Thanks...... i think my comments help somehow....so i think you should have a community team to make just skins...look at another one....

1573132857_USAFPhantomIIflickr-com.jpg.418dab362fcc9721b5e10541a2180a9c.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Well, the MiG-19 weighed only 8,662 kg at MTOW. The F-4 on the other hand 28,030 kg, at MTOW. That's roughly 3,4 times more than the MiG-19. So the relatively weak 63,6 kN output of both Tumansky RD-9B combined in AB got compensated for in weight.

And because of the low weight, and the relatively small wings (compared to the F-4) still achieved a better wing-loading. So the MiG-19 should be able to beat the F-4 in close quarters no problem.

So in this kind of scenario the only hope of the F-4 is to keep range and engage at BVR. Which should be easy if not sneaked up upon, because the F-4 (2,370 km/h top speed) could out-speed the MiG-19 (1,452 km/h top speed) by 0.875 Mach.:thumbup:

Edited by asla36
IF not sneaked up on, not "in". Ma' grammar! >:[

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Well, the MiG-19 weighed only 8,662 kg at MTOW. The F-4 on the other hand 28,030 kg, at MTOW. That's roughly 3,4 times more than the MiG-19. So the relatively weak 63,6 kN output of both Tumansky RD-9B combined in AB got compensated for in weight.

And because of the low weight, and the relatively small wings (compared to the F-4) still achieved a better wing-loading. So the MiG-19 should be able to beat the F-4 in close quarters no problem.

So in this kind of scenario the only hope of the F-4 is to keep range and engage at BVR. Which should be easy if not sneaked up upon, because the F-4 (2,370 km/h top speed) could out-speed the MiG-19 (1,452 km/h top speed) by 0.875 Mach.:thumbup:

depends which close quarters. In horizontal maneuvers yes, In vertical not so much. since the F4 can out energy the MIg 19 and even the 21.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

=an USAF flown F-4E from late 70s to 80's period would get those too.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

While I wait for the DCS one, the BMS one is getting a make-over for the Hellas campaign with a second 3D cockpit (first one was actually not bad, but it could use some HD love).

Radium might make an F-4EJ Kai cockpit, but it's not clear if it's being worked on. For now it's just a new model for the AUP, Terminator and perhaps the Kurnass.

Radium might make an F-4EJ Kai cockpit, but it's not clear if it's being worked on. For now it's just a new model for the AUP, Terminator and perhaps the Kurnass.

I'll be happy with a new skin, the old one is very very dated even by BMS standards.

I'm extra happy because it will look much better for video making and stuff for my channel.

One of my favourite jets. Please, Magnitude 3, make it happen :)

At the moment we have only 7 Third Party Developers (8 if I count Poly-Dynamics)

Each company can do that.

The great question is, Which one? No need to be one specific.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

At the moment we have only 7 Third Party Developers (8 if I count Poly-Dynamics)

Each company can do that.

The great question is, Which one? No need to be one specific.

Look in which subforum you are writing.

This thread inherently is asking the F-4 to M3/LN.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know, that under these circumstances it is going to be what you are "cooking" first. But can't we say F-4 second?

Getting my silliness aside, please! But if what you are cooking is the F-4... Oh boy are we in for a treat this year (hopefully...)!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

If anyone has been cooking an F4 I doubt it'll come out this year, as we probably would have heard SOMETHING about it by now.

One can hope...

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

That would be really nice.

Oh man,That´s my dream too...

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb