2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

=DECOY=

Hey. Apologies for the late reply.

Yer I'm still rocking my chair. Nothing has gone wrong and still surprises me every time i use it ;)

The seat on mine is a made a rx7 seat....so comfy. I have the jetseat motors inside the chair (6 motors) which vibrate during flight and weapons release.

It's a great addition ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Ive been looking here in the US for a comparable chair since the one DOF Reality suggests is just molded plastic. Bound to be hard on the butt after hours of ground pounding in the Hawg. Im holding off placing my order until I can find a relatively light and comfy one. Unfortunately 2 of my Jetseat motors died so I have to return that unit to Andre for repair or exchange.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man. Ive been looking here in the US for a comparable chair since the one DOF Reality suggests is just molded plastic. Bound to be hard on the butt after hours of ground pounding in the Hawg. Im holding off placing my order until I can find a relatively light and comfy one. Unfortunately 2 of my Jetseat motors died so I have to return that unit to Andre for repair or exchange.
Really. I have been so luck with my motors.

Can't rate them enough ;)

I highly recommend looking at a rx7 seat, a good used one is cheap as.

And the seat is Really light ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Been searching for that seat here in the US. NADA. :cry: May have to settle for the one they recommended.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/70200K1/10002/-1

Edited by lasvideo

Been searching for that seat here in the US. NADA. :cry: May have to settle for the one they recommended.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/70200K1/10002/-1

In my opinion is not a good seat to use for prolonged use, it doesnt look every comfortable.

check out other sources, like a bucket seat from impreza, or even a seat from 'playseat'

https://www.playseatamerica.com/

I actually have a Play seat on my "static" flight chair.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6486899001952471042?icm=false&iso=true

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6487687810645773458?icm=false&iso=true

But its pretty crappy and uncomfortable as well.

Hopefully between now and when I order in January (to avoid the imminent Xmas shipping rush when thing are lost and broken) I will luck out and find something like your RX7 chair.

Edited by lasvideo

How much does your seat weigh so I can use that as a guide as I shop around.

RAVENS,

I used the long Veterans Day weekend to build my 2DOF sim which arrived last week. I used your settings and .lua (looked like the same .lua as the xsim post by SteveH without the Log.dgb script) and got everything working with DCS 2.1 which was great.

I need to do more trouble shooting, but I am getting jerky motion, even though I am using the .lua file recommended on the xsim forum by SteveH to solve jerky motion. Did you ever have this problem in DCS?

I noticed the game engine axis settings you posted for SimTool's pitch and roll of over 100% while Steveh recommends closer to 60%, curious your thoughts. Also, did you use any of the filters for the Axis settings in SimTools? Looks like "Smoothing" is supposed to help with jerky motion.

I updated the .lua file in the DCS saved game scripts folder, but do I also need to update the export.lua in the main DCS script folder (C program files/)?

Hope to get this sorted. Very close now :)

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

• 1 month later...

DOF seat arrives tomorrow

Hi Ravens

my seat arrives tomorrow!! are the settings you posted earlier in the thread still up to date or have you tweaked since?

Very excited!

Regards

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi Ravens

my seat arrives tomorrow!! are the settings you posted earlier in the thread still up to date or have you tweaked since?

Very excited!

Regards

Neal

Congrats :)

Still up to date however the beta version is not working correctly with sim tools.

It appears to only be on the release version :(

Hi BigMillerTime,

the platform got delayed in customs, so only received today. putting the kids to bed then will start assembly. I will post as I progress. very happy to share experience as i progress!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

2 DOF - Setup phase One

Hi everyone and especially Raven for letting us all know about this platform. I received mine today in 2 packages, both a bit battered. Allot of attention was given to wrapping all the parts to minimise damage. All the parts were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and all were in perfect condition.

The fixings are all in individual packets, labelled for each section of the build. A full set of allen keys and spanners are also provided, which is very helpful. I followed the instructions provided by DOFReality via an emailed link. They were fairly easy to follow, however the selection of the correct bolts needs a bit of care!

All the metal frame parts are well made and substantial.

Please see the attached photos for the first phase. I will take more photos for the next stage tomorrow.

Regards

Neal

IMG_1475.thumb.JPG.72333ed1c08e745a1c618b046ba86428.JPG

IMG_1481.thumb.JPG.beb14613f3ab8298fa4e486038627bd5.JPG

IMG_1489.thumb.JPG.1647ca4472b33e1576337a95d97a18db.JPG

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.55c57a37158f310a79510201d7a2307d.JPG

IMG_1493.thumb.JPG.75ddd27e9279130f89323d750468adb2.JPG

IMG_1496.thumb.JPG.3fb28e1e2d821f8c2b8d0713ee862ad0.JPG

Desktop PC:

That's pretty cool. And seems very quiet. Ahh, if only I had the dedicated space for my rig...

I can see how it would affect VR flight. Match it up with a JetSeat and you're all set!

Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That's pretty cool. And seems very quiet. Ahh, if only I had the dedicated space for my rig...

I can see how it would affect VR flight. Match it up with a JetSeat and you're all set!

Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!

Oh I have the seat it ;) the motors are in the chair

how much is to get this thing with shipping, and what is the link to buy this??

thanks for sharing your experience and comments and making the video.

it looks amazing, the only questionable thing thing about the video is,

why doesnt it shake when you reach AoA limits?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

how much is to get this thing with shipping, and what is the link to buy this??

thanks for sharing your experience and comments and making the video.

it looks amazing, the only questionable thing thing about the video is,

why doesnt it shake when you reach AoA limits?

Here's a link

http://www.dofreality.com

I'm glad it doesn't or it will likely kill the gears ;) I have a jet seat that creates vibrations for this

Edited by =DECOY=