Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Why would Clint Eastwood steal it, if it wasn't good?
love that movie! but seriously it's a cold war icon, the threat of It completely changed strategic western tactics at the time, the fear of it created the F-15. (all be it misguided ;)) Its not the super fighter they made it out to be in the 70s but it's still pretty impressive for a deployed production interceptor, and the Mig-31 is still a viable threat to every bomber and AWACS in the sky even in today's battlefield. You cannot simply go over Russian air defenses and feel safe anymore, at least with anything short of a satellite.
Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

That seems very unlikely due to rarity of information and the inevitable fury if such an oddball version were chosen. A Viggen (strongly hinted at, almost F-14 level) and a standard issue WW2 pacific fighter seem the two most likely candidates. Both the F4U and F6F are good candidates for the WW2 fighter, but I think it's safe to assume it would be a standard F4U-1a/d or F6F-3/5. No crazy night fighter or recon variants are likely.

I wonder if the F6F-5N qualifies. AN/APS-6 could detect land/sea as well as ships.

Same with the F4U-4N.

One of the other aircraft has been confirmed as "modern", but more importantly, if it weren't the Viggen, it would have to be the Lansen or the Tunnan, as those are the only two other aircraft that can make use of the missile Cobra had for an avatar.

While I don't think anyone would mind a night fighter version of the Hellcat or Corsair, it's unlikely. For the Hellcat, there simply hasn't been any real clues specifically for it. We've more or less discounted the background images of the LN site as having clues in them, since they haven't changed, though if they do change you can bet that'll be screamed about to the high heavens as a sign :P

Of course, when the newsletter does roll around, if we're all wrong because we misinterpreted the clues, I won't mind too much. After all, I'm finally getting my most favorite plane in the entire world being made in a high fidelity combat sim, LN could announce anything else and I'd still be happy.

With that said, Cobra, when the Newsletter does come out, I think you should go through the clues and explain exactly what was meant by each one, to see if we missed any or how our interpretations stacked up :smartass:

I haven't seen any hints on the Viggen from LNS, maybe I just missed it but I thought it was just a community theory. Even if LNS did hint at it, they've hinted at a lot of things. Unless they announce it, it's up in the air IMO.

Anyway, I don't see why the F6F-5N or F4U-4N would be drastically different than the standard model, outside of having radar and slight performance differences... Personally I would love it over another WW2 plane that is really just a 'standard' WW2 plane... I've feel like I've played that game all ready.

And it didn't take me long to find information on the F6F-5N or it's radar and I'm not even trying to develop it.

tbh, it not anymore crazy/odd ball than the Viggen in my opinion. Specially when the F6F-5N production numbers are comparable to WW2 planes all ready in game.

also, who said it can't be both ;)

Cobra's avatars are a very reliable way of catching hints of modules. In this case, the two specific avatars we're referencing are the anti shipping missile that can only be carried on the Viggen, Lansen or Tunnan, and the Swedish Emblem that popped up within an hour of us deciphering where the first emblem came from.

Add in the fact that they are working on ground radar, which the F-14 does not have, that one of the new aircraft will be "modern", the inclusion of new development team members from Sweden, and you've got yourself an argument for the Viggen.

So far the only clue that might fit a Hellcat is the rising sun emblem, but that clue also fits the Corsair, and the Baa Baa Blacksheep avatar only fits the Corsair, and not the Hellcat. Really, the Hellcat has never been in the race, it's mostly been the Zero or the Corsair, and the Zero has steadily been falling out of favor since we've started getting clues for VMF-214.

If it's a Viggen I hope for the JA-37 interceptor with Skyflash missiles.

Need an hardcore BVR capable fighter. Mig-21 is fun but rather limited...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

If it's a Viggen, ideally I'd like and hope that both AJ and JA variants will be made, as in F-14 where we'll get multiple variants. I'm more than happy to pay an additional 10-15 $ perhaps even 20 for a module with an additional version included. It'd be a bit sad if we miss either A-A or A-G Viggen.

However, if we will get only one, I would really prefer it to be a AJ-37. Later upgraded ones in 80s got all aspect sidewinder capability so it has a considerable amount of a-a sting but is also a nice high speed ground attacker.

There are BVR capable full modules in pipeline in form of Mirage 2000C and F/A-18C, and possibly Mirage F-1 (this one however, in somewhat distant future).

Also, if we won't get both versions, "working on a ground radar" hint point at an AJ version rather than JA.

Man... I really hope it really is a Viggen... :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If we don't want dogfighters, and we don't want western planes, the SU-17 would be my choice, way out ahead of the MiG-25.

Or Su-30, or Su-27 SMK or 27SM or MiG-29K. Or MiG-35 or Su-35 (yes I know, not realistic) or Su-34 or anything else that can carry an R-77 (provided it's finally made correctly) and that has better electronics than we currently have. :beer:

but I do hope they release something with a krasnaya zvezda painted on it. There are several NATO modules already in development, i want more russians!

^^THIS!

We're actually pretty even all things considered.

Then compare the BVR capabilities of the ones you listed and the reported (and track-proven) problems with their missiles. :smilewink:

Russians are still the underdog in BVR and missile reliability (not RL, but ingame) in DCS. Rage has made a lot of research into that field.

4 full DCS level western fighters announced in development, not a single russian announced, that's what i meant :smilewink:

^^THIS. This is the exact problem I've been repeating.

I get it that most 3rd party are Western and catering to the Western and pro-Western public, but not everyone is and the rest of us would also like to be equal for once, not always be put in the sub/underdog position. :smilewink:

Or Su-30, or Su-27 SMK or 27SM or MiG-29K. Or MiG-35 or Su-35 (yes I know, not realistic) or Su-34 or anything else that can carry an R-77 (provided it's finally made correctly) and that has better electronics than we currently have. :beer:

Ok, you can have those aircraft, but we get an AESA F-15, with AIM-9X capability and AIM-120D's. Let's throw in the F-22, why not.

Russians are still the underdog in BVR and missile reliability (not RL, but ingame) in DCS.

You're actually claiming this game is biased against Russian aircraft and missiles?... Really man?
Edited by wilky510

I can absolutely appreciate the love for and high hopes in seeing a P-38 Lightning. I would love to see one, too. I probably would want a Chance Vought F4U Corsair even more so. I don't know if either of these machines will make the list for the, so called, other two planes," but I would love for a dev team to make these rides at some point over the next couple of years time.

I can absolutely appreciate the love for and high hopes in seeing a P-38 Lightning. I would love to see one, too. I probably would want a Chance Vought F4U Corsair even more so. I don't know if either of these machines will make the list for the, so called, other two planes," but I would love for a dev team to make these rides at some point over the next couple of years time.

I agree, One of the most iconic aircraft of WWII and I've not seen mention of the P-38. I would also love to see this fighter created...I know...just a wish...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

Weren't they going to announce their other two projects this month? :)

Straight from Cobra847:

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

It would be nice to hear something though.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Straight from Cobra847:

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

It would be nice to hear something though.

While true, and I don't actually expect the planes to be announced this month, they have been promising an update in August for the past few months, and we've got all our old pitchforks and torches in the shed if they fail to give us one :music_whistling:

While true, and I don't actually expect the planes to be announced this month, they have been promising an update in August for the past few months, and we've got all our old pitchforks and torches in the shed if they fail to give us one :music_whistling:

What? You keep your pitchfork in the shed? Mine is always right here next to my desk. Will be interesting to see the announcement and see how close all guesses / wishes have been. My money is on the viggen and corsair, but I am a terrible gambler.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

There is also quite a bit of August to go through yet.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.