Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I would love an F-111, though given the current hints I doubt it is one of the 2 unnamed modules.

That said, the addition of Jester AI will open up a lot of opportunities for LNS (and possibly other developers that buy a licensed version - Jester AI could be a great business move for LNS).

Aircraft like the F-111 and A-6 would be great additions with the new multiplayer GUI or AI. Aircraft from the late-70s to late-90s are good candidates for DCS modules (though I'm biased because this largely covers my formative years). That said, these aircraft have many modern systems that user would expect from combat aircraft, but have less automation than most current aircraft. This means more things to do and more entertainment in the cockpit. Also, these aircraft probably don't have too many classified systems, allowing for a really complete and accurate module.

I think the F-111 would get a lot of use on both NTTR and the Strait of Hormuz in a modified "Operation Eldorado Canyon" like scenario.

Opening up the opportunity for multi-seat aircraft will be huge IMHO. F-14, F-111, A-6, F-15E, Tornado, F-4, MiG-31, Su-24 - all iconic aircraft that are now on the table.

-Nick

I'd bet money the next WW2 plane is a F4U as far as the other one, I hope they continue to do Russian fighters. It would be awesome to have like a Mig-25 or Mig-23 to go along with the 21. Although you'd get no complaints from me with an F-111! :D

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I couldn't help but notice that Wags 28 June stream showed Sweden in the list of neutral countries in the mission editor. :-)

Edit: Now, he also mentioned that most of the countries were yet to be "populated" with units. However, while most other countries could somehow be represented by "generic" Western/Soviet units that already exist in the sim, putting Sweden in the mix would only make sense if some of our rather unique units would be in the pipeline).

Edited by Dahlbeck
  • Like 1

So can we summerise (so ppl dont have to look through all pages)

What are the Main Suspects for the next to Aircraft.

According to Hints From Cobra Pictures Etc.

From what i understand its hinting towards 1 "modern" jet aircraft and 1 ww2 Prop?.

With the AJ 37 Being the NR.1 Suspect for the Jet asfar as i can tell =P

I hope it's a early Axis, ideally Japanese aircraft, Ki-43 or A6M. I'd love to have the Hellcat or Corsair, but more so I'd whether have something to fight against with the upcoming P-40F and F4F.

If it is the F4U, I hope it has the bird cage canopy. The other canopy has that metal visor thing right above your head.. horrible for rearward visibility, specially in a climb.

I couldn't help but notice that Wags 28 June stream showed Sweden in the list of neutral countries in the mission editor. :-)

Edit: Now, he also mentioned that most of the countries were yet to be "populated" with units. However, while most other countries could somehow be represented by "generic" Western/Soviet units that already exist in the sim, putting Sweden in the mix would only make sense if some of our rather unique units would be in the pipeline).

There was also Romania there, is this meaning that Leatherneck is building LanceR too? You know they have a Romanian guy in the team, maybe they can get a contract with Romanian Airforce... OMG confirmed! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There was also Romania there, is this meaning that Leatherneck is building LanceR too? You know they have a Romanian guy in the team, maybe they can get a contract with Romanian Airforce... OMG confirmed! :D

The LanceR would be awsome =>.

Nevermind if it was the A or the C it would be awsome either way.

A Modernised Mig-21 would be awsome.

Well, the difference is that the Romanian Air Force has used both the original Mig-21 and the Mig-29, while the only hardware in Swedish service that I can think of in the current sim would be the Leo 2 tank and possibly the Hawk SAM (do we have that one?).

Sure, on its own it doesn't mean much, but it adds to the general picture that already pointed to the Viggen.

I think it's a Spad. Who wouldn't want a Spad for DCS?

Did someone say Spad?

image.thumb.jpg.c35559272c24b2b23db8f062b64e0ce4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this has been mentioned and I somehow missed it but I just noticed this background image on the LNS site when looking up the new F14 page, appears to be a P47 on the right and a P38 on the left? Has this been there the whole time and I failed to notice it?

vAJdRaQ.jpg

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Forgive me if this has been mentioned and I somehow missed it but I just noticed this background image on the LNS site when looking up the new F14 page, appears to be a P47 on the right and a P38 on the left? Has this been there the whole time and I failed to notice it?

vAJdRaQ.jpg

Um, it's an F6F Hellcat, not a P-47...

vAJdRaQ.jpg

I think it has been there since the original LNS site launched. Certainly it has been there since I first visited in late February 2015.

-Nick

Um, it's an F6F Hellcat, not a P-47...

Sorry, used a question mark because I wasn't positive, prop planes aren't my strong suite.

Anyways, never mind then, looks like it's been there a while.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Sorry, used a question mark because I wasn't positive, prop planes aren't my strong suite.

Anyways, never mind then, looks like it's been there a while.

It's an easy mistake. :) The P-47 and F6F shared powerplants and their cowl shape is somewhat similar.

With regards to the WWII airplanes on the website, they do share a common thread - they were all present on Vella Lavella in mid-late 1943.

0RzN1by.jpg

You can see an F6F and Kittyhawk IV(?) in the picture.

Per wikipedia, aircraft stationed on an ongoing basis includes the F4U, F6F, and F-4F.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barakoma_Airfield

P-38s passed through and may have spent some time there as well.

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/p-38/42-66893.html

p38h-42-66893-barakoma.jpg

Still hoping...:D

wfmitchell_vmf214.jpg

wmf222_15dec43-vlv.jpg

Nothing really competes with the Tomcat in my heart, but in terms of actual combat by our USMC servicemen...

EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! :D

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

I really hope that Leatherneck doesn't make a WW2 plane there are enough of those being made by other 3rd party developers. I'm not against prop planes and would instantly buy an A-1 Skyraider or OV-10 Bronco its just that WW2 are starting to get "boring".

The MIG was and and still is the only properly made "modern" (multirole-) fighter and I hope they stick to that "era"

Member of Combined-Ops-Group

Well I believe that it has already been stated that one of the two un-announced planes is definitely a jet propelled aircraft, many here speculate it is one of the swedish fighters, the other is 99% certain a WWII era fighter plane, with the smart money being on one of the Japanese fighters, or fighter-bombers.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.