Multicrew - Can't slew camera left and right

DrummerNL

Taking a break from flying the F-18 a friend and I booted up the good old Gazelle in multicrew.

I was hosting and acting as pilot, friend was acting as mission commander / weapons officer.

We noticed, even though all keybindings were correct and the "second stick" option was off, he could only slew the camera up and down, not left to right.

Everything seemed to work fine for him in singleplayer though.

Anyone else noticed this what I presume is a bug?

Another thing I noticed was on the minigun version. I was flying, friend was behind the gun. He could move the gun but even though master arm was on, he could not fire.

today, the copilot can no longer drive in multi crew. it was deliberately deleted by polychop, because of latency problems. It's not a bug, it's the new configuration.

the copilot will be in charge of navigation (nadir, ADF ...), radio and armament (gazelle M). the pilot will be in charge of the piloting only.

for the problem in the minigun, too much information is missing to answer ^^

Thanks for your reply Sanbato but I'm not talking about the co-pilot taking control of the helicopter but the Viviane camera system. In multicrew the co-pilot can no longer slew the targeting camera left and right, only up and down. This is in the M version and with the latest version of the open beta.

Looks like our virtual squadron has confirmed this bug in the SA342M in multiplayer. The bug seems to lie between how the TV Command box axis inputs are coming in for the co pilot gunner. In single player, the slew commands are correct, but in multicrew, the co pilot gunner is getting only up/down or left/right slew.

• 1 month later...
Taking a break from flying the F-18 a friend and I booted up the good old Gazelle in multicrew.

I was hosting and acting as pilot, friend was acting as mission commander / weapons officer.

We noticed, even though all keybindings were correct and the "second stick" option was off, he could only slew the camera up and down, not left to right.

Everything seemed to work fine for him in singleplayer though.

Anyone else noticed this what I presume is a bug?

Another thing I noticed was on the minigun version. I was flying, friend was behind the gun. He could move the gun but even though master arm was on, he could not fire.

I am having this issue as well. Just tried the M version, with my wife as co-pilot/weapons officer. She could not use the keyboard commands to slew the camera at all. She also tried to use the joystick (bound to the camera slew) and found that left and right slew moved the camera up and down while the up and down did very little. At no time could she command the camera left or right., It is impossible for her to target with the HOT missile with this bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Successive updates have degraded this module from what was a fun and rewarding multiplayer experience to one that's mostly disappointing.

Hopefully the developers will resolve it, because it truly was one of the standout features in DCS multiplayer. Immense rewarding fun when it works. Frustrating and disappointing when it doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Same here today on sa-342m

The Vivian worked just fine on single player

But we can't slew it on multicrew

It rly frustrated after we brought two copy of gazelle just for multicrew

And it's looks like it happened for few months...

Still no response from DEV team...?

Nope, I'm not sure why. I have the understanding that they don't have time to be on the forums all day every day, but this thread is getting older without a response on a nasty issue that did work ok at one point. The multiplayer improvements to performance were groundbreaking, but without the HOT and a weapon officer that can shoot, what's the point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gents and Ladies,

We checked multicrew issues and confirm the following :

Currently, the Gazelle sighting camera is almost unusable in multicrew mode due to all sorts of issues, keys not responsing in time (two much delay), and camera moving erratically.

We are looking at these issues but it will take some time to get rid of them.

Thanks for your patience.

• 1 month later...
Hi Gents and Ladies,

We checked multicrew issues and confirm the following :

Currently, the Gazelle sighting camera is almost unusable in multicrew mode due to all sorts of issues, keys not responsing in time (two much delay), and camera moving erratically.

We are looking at these issues but it will take some time to get rid of them.

Thanks for your patience.

Please go to devs in P3d and ask how to do multicrew then. majestic has pretty much perfected it

Please go to devs in P3d and ask how to do multicrew then. majestic has pretty much perfected it

Is more about the ED code than the implementation of it by Polychop. We will have to wait until they have UH1H multicrew ready and let the 3rd party solve their problems.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Any update regarding a fix for this and can anyone confirm that the Nadir is only functional for the co pilot at the moment?

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Any update regarding a fix for this and can anyone confirm that the Nadir is only functional for the co pilot at the moment?

A mixed cockpit is impossible right now due to ED code. So they splitted the cockpit into 2, giving a part for copilot and another to the pilot. But this is in multicrew, if you fly alone you can move it from the pilot side.

Cheers!

Chinook lover - Rober -

Me and mate tried themulti-crew (open beta version) on the Persian Gulf Blue Flag server on Saturday and were surprised to find the Vivianne slaving and lasing working on the M-model. Wonder if something was fixed by ED in one of the recent patches... or if the stars were just aligned right.

We did have problems with the Nadir system in multi-crew, though (it didn't seem to finish the alignment properly).

Edited by PitbullVicious

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Me and mate tried themulti-crew (open beta version) on the Persian Gulf Blue Flag server on Saturday and were surprised to find the Vivianne slaving and lasing working on the M-model. Wonder if something was fixed by ED in one of the recent patches... or if the stars were just aligned right.

We did have problems with the Nadir system in multi-crew, though (it didn't seem to finish the alignment properly).

Maybe the stars! XD

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...