DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

ED can you please make changes to the smoke modelling? Check out ralfi's F4 BMS video.... for the SA-3 site missile launch at 6:15.

Notice the persistent smoke. The smoke in DCS right now is just too light. Hard to even track it. In most RL videos I have seen...the smoke is persistent for a while and remains there and very dense. I guess also depends on air conditions...wind etc.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Captive air training missiles, for training purposes. They will be used sparingly but probably they will not take too much work to implement.

Already done, for DCS aircraft. Specifically the CATM-9M is available for the A-10C.

Such things are beyond the scope of FC3 level aircraft, CATM-120s etc. will likely be seen with the DCS fighters as and when they appear.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...
ED can you please make changes to the smoke modelling? Check out ralfi's F4 BMS video.... for the SA-3 site missile launch at 6:15.

Notice the persistent smoke. The smoke in DCS right now is just too light. Hard to even track it. In most RL videos I have seen...the smoke is persistent for a while and remains there and very dense. I guess also depends on air conditions...wind etc.

This, definitely. I'm playing around with some files to mod this manually in the interim, but, y'know...

Anything that gives you more information about the sim world or otherwise helps you see it more clearly and increases your situational awareness is a welcome addition.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Yeah, will be great to see an improvement over a few aspects of the AI.

I hope the next module, include some of this.

Saludos :thumbup:

I agree

Ka 50's pilot can't see human target even at really close distance (just hovering).

Of course some helicopters( hell of helicoter ) can , even shooting him without missing ( this occured at BS1 ver 1.02, and I don't know how it changed after that)

At excellent AI , i hope ka 50 pilot can also recognize human unit.

and other problems( at BS1 1.02):

even at close range ground units are staying missing to hit the target for long time.

overall AI helicopters attacking efficeincy is needlessly down warded (?) . they turn around too many times before attacking , and even at urgent situation. I hope AI also have intentions.

and AI fighter's maximum speed is much lowered.

AI fihgters' can't hunt heli units easily, even very hardly . rather some heli's missile hunt fighter quitely frequently .

SAMs became very useless , lost identity . (at BS 1 1.02, I have not tested further , so I don;t know exaclty , but at least against helis)

Edited by plane00

I would like the pilot, who was shut down, to be able to get back to the friendly airfield and continue in the new plane. Because if you jumped, you're as good as dead. UH-1 could be used to extract the pilot, or some vehicle which you, as a downed pilot, could jump in, or drive back to the airport. Also, some pilot animations would be nice (getting in and out of the plane), but I wouldn't expect these anytime soon, because of the GE limitations.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

in-game voice support

1. In-game voice

2. A-10C radios bound to in-game voice

3. FC3 radio frequency for all controllable aircrafts bound to in-game voice.

4. AM/FM radios for all controllable ground units bound to in-game voice.

5. Portable radio hand set for downed pilot bound to in-game voice.

6. JTAC / BC radio bound to in-game voice.

I know I have posted earlier that in-game voice was not necessary but times have changed that.

Edited by HiJack

1. In-game voice

2. A-01C radios bound to in-game voice

3. FC3 radio frequency for all controllable aircrafts bound to in-game voice.

4. AM/FM radios for all controllable ground units bound to in-game voice.

5. Portable radio hand set for downed pilot bound to in-game voice.

6. JTAC / BC radio bound to in-game voice.

I know I have posted earlier that in-game voice was not necessary but times have changed that.

Sounds very nice

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Aircraft crew, equipment, marshal, etc. for realistic ramp operations. Someone else has posted to this effect as well for carrier operations.

I just spent a weekend crafting all this in the ME and it's not portable, so if you change airports or parking positions it becomes impossible.

Vehicle routing, collision detection, route smoothing all needs to be managed better.

In ME there needs to be an object outline for whatever you are clicking on or placing to help plan routes up to and around it. For example... if you want to have a truck drive up to a helo that has landed and drop off some troops, it is very hard to know where that helo's borders are and if you have placed the waypoint for the truck within the boundary of the helo. IF you do happen to get it wrong and accidentally place a waypoint within another object, the AI doesn't know what to do and just drives around erratically. Would be nice to see this addressed.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Aircraft crew, equipment, marshal, etc. for realistic ramp operations. Someone else has posted to this effect as well for carrier operations.

I just spent a weekend crafting all this in the ME and it's not portable, so if you change airports or parking positions it becomes impossible.

Vehicle routing, collision detection, route smoothing all needs to be managed better.

In ME there needs to be an object outline for whatever you are clicking on or placing to help plan routes up to and around it. For example... if you want to have a truck drive up to a helo that has landed and drop off some troops, it is very hard to know where that helo's borders are and if you have placed the waypoint for the truck within the boundary of the helo. IF you do happen to get it wrong and accidentally place a waypoint within another object, the AI doesn't know what to do and just drives around erratically. Would be nice to see this addressed.

Nice Idea. I would like to see also more traffic at the airport. Everything is so static and clean. There needs to be more life at an airport to get the feeling of beeing in a coming action. Also would be nice to get help by fire department at a crash landing. I tried to "programm" that with triggers, but unfortunatly that is impossible, because you cannot poll the exact position of the crashed airplane...maybe an idea for ME triggersystem...I bet someone with good lua skills could programm that with the expression function within the trigger system. I know there is much more stuff to do which has priority but give it a try...many thanks ED for that so far wonderfull simulation. But the community is strong and without it, the product wont be improoved ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: for the DCS series...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

I think the radio messages could eventually use a bit of an overhaul. Right now they're a fair amount choppier than they need to be, given some good voice direction and clever editing.

A subtle trail-off in the preceding preposition, like someone quickly double checking a number before saying it, would make it sound a lot more naturalistic in those instances where the seam between clips is too obvious. People's voices naturally rise somewhat like the start of a new audio file after slowing down. You hear it a lot in recorded radio traffic - Someone drags out the last phoneme of a word and then abruptly jumps back in.

A few little occasional random hesitations and disfluencies might be neat, too, like how you sometimes hear people starting with "Uh, [callsign]..." which I think could be a cool random touch, but it might be confusing or annoying if not done well.

If I really dare to dream, more voices in general per unit type and more possible information per "character" would be great. Maybe even something from ground units if you're on the right frequency - Calls about beginning artillery fire missions or spotting units or passing waypoints, or whatever else they might believably say.

I'm trying to imagine an extra little layer of "qualitative" situational awareness statements, as well, to the effect that there's "a lot" of AAA, etc. or even once-in-a-blue-moon cracks in discipline or courage if things are going really poorly, but off the top of my head I can't think of a way to usefully implement something like that.

More simply, though, I think one of the response menu options should always be "say again."

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

This simulator is bad on getting the kill of an air to air opponent correct. I wish the developers could do something to the player that gets away without being killed when the aircraft clearly are killed but somehow the pilot manages to get a new aircraft and don’t get a loss and there is no kill earned. Please keep in mind that this also is a game.

I would really dig AIR BURST MK80 series bombs. Just cause they exist and would be great against dismounted troops.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

It'd be cool to be able to set a delay to dumb ammunitions e. g. unguided bombs and rockets. Modeling that would be quite handy when attacking targets like bunkers, or anything that would require the explosives to penetrate before going off.

About radio comms, there's one thing which, IMHO, DCS really lacks.

I strongly believe we could really use having a female voice actor to voice one of the wingmen.

First of all, female pilots are a clear reality nowadays, and they really deserve the recognition - and not just as random wingmen, 4th Fighter Wing's commander is a woman after all. And it makes the sim more realistic, too.

Besides that, I think it's commercially wise. Flight simulators are already enough of a male-dominated area, I think it's already about time we include the ladies in the sim as something other than ATC and Betty, and it sort of breaks the idea that sims are only a "man thing" :)

Or better than having a wingman, it'd be amazing if ED implemented an option in the Options menu where you could choose the voice of your own pilot between male and female :)

For the ones who don't see the true advantage of this, your wives [future ones included] might not only tolerate DCS more, but also encourage it and join in :D

I wish all exits to spectator was treated as an ejection and the aircraft falling to the ground if airborne. This should also result in a lost plain for the player. If seated on the ramp a normal removal of the aircraft and no lost aircraft for the player. I also wish for global stats in the same way as implemented in Rise Of Flight where one server setting activates the statistics. Also wery sensible requirements with minimum 3 players for stats to count.

I strongly believe we could really use having a female voice actor to voice one of the wingmen.

Seriously. I don't want to go on a mission and have it just be one big sausage party :mad:

I use this mod in the mean time and it except for some inconsistent intensity in places it sounds pretty good, but it'd be nice to have a few more: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96405

It's easy to speculate about why more women aren't into hardcore flight sims but I think the number one reason is not knowing it's even an option, since it seems to overlap more with the aviation and/or military world than the video game world, which if my Facebook feed is any indication already contains oodles of women who like both intellectual challenges and blowing things up.

Now that we've got troop carrying Hueys with door guns, I'd like to see a very simple suppression function - one that makes infantry units drop to the prone and stop firing for X number of seconds if a bullet passes within Y number of feet of their location. It would be cool to actually use the M-60s to provide funtional covering fire for friendly troops that are mounting/dismounting the helicopter.