Weather

Shaman

Haven't found anything about weather engine neither in "FAQ" nor in "More information" section.

Since flying is all about moving in enviroment of Earth's atmosphere, have you made any updates to weather engine?

In Lock On there was no distinction between low, medium, high cloud types. Well basically it's cloud engine was very unrealistic. All we could actually do is set a layer of FEW Cu hum clouds, or some Nimbostratus cloud that covered entire world. Not to mention that it is possible to set cloud base and ceiling unrealistically.

I would really like to hear that this part of the DCS engine is being improved. It's atmospheric flight! Weather has always been part of flight.

Crude Lock On weather enviroment, or worse - Falcon 4.0 - it's a big no-no.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I really hope so. Because as you know winds are turbulent and changing especially in mountain area. For helo pilots it is important to watch out especially near ground objects, hills, cliffs, etc. I'd like to take these into account when I'm flying helo. It will give us finally impression that we're moving inside ocean of air, instead of some motionless environment.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Wags, ED, Beta testers, can you clarify the need of this community about sporadic & dynamic weather patterns?

It would be a blessing of having such features.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Thanks Sir. Can you elaborate on game that would be fun? Capture the flag is a good game experience in my view, easily durable with BS. Check mate anyone? Suggestions? :smartass: ;)

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Ages (many many many moons) ago I posted a thread / idea for implementing variable speed wind on the FC forum.

If we have an SAFM (Super AFM:-) chopper, wouldn't fluctuating windspeed (as appeared to be happening in the rotor dynamics video) make things that much more real (than the constant displacement wind we have now) ??

Cheers.

Ages (many many many moons) ago I posted a thread / idea for implementing variable speed wind on the FC forum.

If we have an SAFM (Super AFM:-) chopper, wouldn't fluctuating windspeed (as appeared to be happening in the rotor dynamics video) make things that much more real (than the constant displacement wind we have now) ??

Retoric question Weta - ofcourse it would. We're waiting for weather upgrade in next DCS. This is one of the most (if not the most) important feature now.