Live kick off nvidia 20xx cards

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I dont feel bad for those who bought it last year. I feel bad for those who will decide to spend twice as much on RTX cards.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/

https://www.nvidia.es/geforce/20-series/

1200 $ or 1259 Euro for 2080Ti.

Edit: or 999 $ if what Jensen said is going to happen.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Most certainly its faster than 1080Ti. In ray tracing. I want to see benchmarks of current games.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Most certainly its faster than 1080Ti. In ray tracing. I want to see benchmarks of current games.

Yes it will be very interesting to see benchmarks on current games like DCS on these cards. Im guessing current titles won't scratch the surface of what a 2070 can do.

And VR performance, He didn't go into detail on that from what i could see. But guessing high VR performance will be affordable with these cards for the first time.

Edited by Hoffster

Rtx2070 499$ much faster than 1080ti??? i'll wait ;)

Only in Raytracing. All performance metrics given were in respect to raytracing, which I couldn't care less about.

They mentioned nothing about FPS gains in "normal" gaming which is concerning. And the price is bonkers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Only in Raytracing. All performance metrics given were in respect to raytracing, which I couldn't care less about.

They mentioned nothing about FPS gains in "normal" gaming which is concerning. And the price is bonkers.

For the VR users out there, apparently foveated rendering is coming, but only to the RTX cards.

I feel bad for the VR users who bought into Pascal within the last year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like for like benchmarks using existing rendering techniques (i.e rasterisation) are the only ones I'm interested in right now from a DCS point of view. You can already see the discounts appearing on HW sites for the 1080ti's but if a 2070 is cheaper AND more powerful then it could be worth dropping some coin on one. I'm looking forward to comparison charts in the next few days/weeks.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Why feel bad it's all talk at this point and no show. Plus like me if you bought from evga do the trade up program

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nvidia showed off Turing last week and the cards debuted today, so at this point it's all show, and the performance gains and new features take the cake.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia showed off Turing last week and the cards debuted today, so at this point it's all show, and the performance gains and new features take the cake.

Are you a fanboy or something ?

No card debuted today, this is a paper launch and GPU's wont be available until September 20. So we have to wait another month to learn what they are capable of. As for performance gains ... there was not a single benchmark showing performance gains between Pascal and Turing. We have yet to see what they actually delivered, since for now its all markerting.

Dang EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra's sold out of pre-orders in moments. No more time than it took me to read up on the specs and have a look.

Crazy.

Going to hold out and see if they bring the FTW3 version of it out soon. Course will likely run into the same issue trying to get one.

Pricing is crazy.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I feel bad for everyone who bought Pascal in the last year.

You can wait a year and post the same thing about 2070 in 12 months.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You can wait a year and post the same thing about 2070 in 12 months.

Your 1080ti has fewer CUDA cores, it's missing Tensor cores, and it has horrible ray-tracing performance. In 12 months your Pascal will be about 3.5 years old as far as GPU technology, and there won't be a 3080 in 12 months, so you'll be waiting another 18 months to get the next gen.

So you'll be running a 5 year old GPU, waiting for the next gen, and trying to justify your Pascal purchase? Good luck with that. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you a fanboy or something ?

No card debuted today, this is a paper launch and GPU's wont be available until September 20. So we have to wait another month to learn what they are capable of. As for performance gains ... there was not a single benchmark showing performance gains between Pascal and Turing. We have yet to see what they actually delivered, since for now its all markerting.

The 2080 and 2080ti debuted today, so...

You want benchmarks? Ok, as if knowing you'll have a 10% or 20% or 30% gain is going to make a difference to your purchase decision, when you flat out can't run ray-tracing in games until you purchase a 2080? :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

who cares about ray tracing for dcs world? I think myself and many others are more interested in real numbers, not numbers from synthetic bench’s. Aka numbers in regards to current tech used in dcs world and not some nvidia tech that dcs world will never have. Or some other vr tech dcs world will never have.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

who cares about ray tracing for dcs world? I think myself and many others are more interested in real numbers, not numbers from synthetic bench’s. Aka numbers in regards to current tech used in dcs world and not some nvidia tech that dcs world will never have. Or some other vr tech dcs world will never have.

Guess what, ED is as concerned with VR performance as with traditional performance.

What's going to improve VR performance the most?

Foveated rendering.

Since you need Turing to do foveated rendering at high enough performance, guess what, ED is going to recommend Turing for the best performance for VR.

The way I see it, I wouldn't try to do VR in anything less than a 2080 because of all the performance penalties you take going with ancient GPU tech.

1) Low resolution

2) low-quality textures

3) turning off eye-candy for the sake of getting more than 30fps in VR in a busy scene.

etc, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So where did ED announce the incorporation of that tech into dcs?

Sorry to say but my 1080ti is not holding me back in vr with dcs, it’s the packing up of the processor side when too many objects and ai with this engine....

You really drink that marketing koolaid huh...

Edited by Sniper175

We will see in October. I just preordered the 2080Ti Founders and will do some stock mission in VR in the F18 with my current 1080Ti just before I install the 2080 and post the results between the cards.

Sweet look forward to that

So where did ED announce the incorporation of that tech into dcs?

Sorry to say but my 1080ti is not holding me back in vr with dcs, it’s the packing up of the processor side when too many objects and ai with this engine....

You really drink that marketing koolaid huh...

They've already announced Vulkan integration in process, and this was done for improving performance.

Obviously ED is doing whatever it takes to increase performance for both VR and traditional graphics, and foveated rendering is obviously obvious. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

performance penalties you take going with ancient GPU tech.

1) Low resolution

2) low-quality textures

3) turning off eye-candy for the sake of getting more than 30fps in VR in a busy scene.

etc, etc.

I would certainly not consider 1080 Ti today ancient technology.

Yeah I am excited and plan on getting a 2080 Ti here soon, but my 1080 Ti in the meantime is serving me well.

VR is quite demanding, and will remain so for the near future.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|