G3000 Tactical Upgrade

Cake

This would make for a pretty cool upgrade for the F5:

Great idea! The F-5 has no HUD just a gun sight. Where would they put it? lol

A-10C, FC3, KA-50, CA, UH-1H, F-5E, Hawk, L-39C/ZA, MiG-21bis, M2kC, AJS-37, SA-342, AV-8B, F/A-18C

DCS Nevada

Mb-ASUS Gaming Pro 970/ CPU-AMD 8350 8 core CPU/ RAM-16Gb DDR3 1600/

SSD-Samsung 860 EVO 500Gb//Intel 730 Series 240Gb/ Graphics Card-ASUS Nvidia ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6Gb/

Corsair 850w PSU/ Gigabit Ethernet/ X-52 FCS

4320x900

Hell i’d Be happy if they bumped up the F-5 to the current spec of the Navy’s jets. With how big 3rd party adversary air is becoming, it’d be nice to see the F-5 get some love, with us having NTTR. Make for some fun red flag stuff

My squadron uses an AIM-9M mod. Other than the navigation stuff, avionics upgrades aren't really going to offer as much in the Sim. The jet is still limited to payload weight due to thrust rating. If you fly it with centerline 275 gal and 2 Mike's you've got yourself a formidable little adversary. Because it's not FBW, and doesn't have a g-limiter like the hornet, you can actually fly extremely good BFM 1v1 against almost anything including SU-27 family. It lacks the thrust needed for vertical BFM maneuvers but in the horizontal this jet is really sweet.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Yeah. The only draw back is legs. It's got really short legs. Even with a centerline 275 tank, you can only really fly about 50nm and go through about 4 AA setups with maybe 2 turns before you're bingo at about 800lbs.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

well its not out yet so i dont think BST could model something thats still at a proposed upgrade and not implemented yet into an aircraft fleet ( assuming they could get enough data or permission in it given its a military contract)

which is why i would rather see the F5N

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD