F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

671 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

The stupid thing is that I'd buy both but hardly ever fly them. Its a problem, I know it and I'll live with it :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I would definitely buy it. One thing I was thinking though, is maybe the F model would be better to do if anyone was to do it.

A two-seat version with multi-crew is substantially different enough from the single seat C, that somebody wouldn't have to analyze too much about whether or not they want to buy the Legacy or Super Hornet

Of course there is plenty of people who would buy both, like me lol.

I suppose thats another way of looking at it. F/A18F is still part of the super hornet series, but would also offer a multircrew experience.. Unlike in the F14 most Functions can still be controlled by the Pilot in the front seat, so perhaps it wouldn't necessitate the time to develop an Ai like Heatblur for their F14 which really cant function without the WSO.

if that's the case, an F/A-18D would be superb.

IN this Case I think this is where a F/A18F would be better suited. F/A18D would really just be a Multicrew F/A18C legacy, however NAvy uses as a combat trainer, but Only USMC uses it for combat. F/A18F has some characteristics than a Legacy F/A18D wouldn't have shared with the F/A18E. Again funny you should think F/A18D would be a superb choice given you shrug it off as just a mere trainer in the F/A18D thread.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

But if

Block 1 series 's still have AN/APG73 Phase 2 radars, An/ALR 67 RWR, and the same CM system ( ALE 47) as the F/A18C lot 20. Intially they even had 90% of the same software code as Legacy Hornets. (...) S(u)per Hornets BLock 1 new avionics for the most part is really just a New Fuel Display/ Management system and a touchscreen UP Front controller replacing the Keypbad based UFC on the legacy Hornet, and a Larger LCD display for the Moving map.

- So in terms of BVR, essentially the same plane apart from loadouts, which makes me ask myself - why would people want to buy both modules ?

& if E.D. think that people will either buy the F/18C OR the F/A-18E, but they could make a different module and get people to buy the F/A-18C AND an (let's dream) Su-30MKI, which would make more business sense ?

Cheers.

But if

- So in terms of BVR, essentially the same plane apart from loadouts, which makes me ask myself - why would people want to buy both modules ?

& if E.D. think that people will either buy the F/18C OR the F/A-18E, but they could make a different module and get people to buy the F/A-18C AND an (let's dream) Su-30MKI, which would make more business sense ?

Exactly thats the Difference. I wish for things, but those more feasible requests that can realistically happen. Hence why I woudnt get my hopes up for the Su30 MKI soon. A Su27SM was older airframe, modernized but still not as capable. remember what happened to that? oh yeah. RedForce fans will just have to settle for anticipating the JF-17 project as filling in a 4th generation multi-role needs for the meantime, they have no choice given the situation with obtaining information adn/or permission for modern Russian air-frames.

Same reason i suggested/ wishlisted a Block 1 SH instead of a Block 2 series, Information is available and thus is a reasonable proposition.

In an ideal world sure id want a Block 2 with the An/APg79 AESA radar, if there was enough data for it. But i get the impression some people will find an excuse to not want that either. " Oh Its too powerful. No one will buy the Legacy Hornet after a Super Hornet block 2 release cuse this one has a better radar".

with a block 1, its "OH but its not much better than a F/A18C" , theres no point. Man you just cant win here can you. :P

F16C is another potential module that People Including even myself are strongly interested in. But while its different from the Hornet it essentially fills the Same missions, and isn't really that much better or worse in terms of avionics. ( Slightly inferior in 1 area ) given i don't think F16's have A/G with SAR like the Hornets. I don't notice people compelling F16 Fans by just telling them " hey just fly a Hornet from land bases. Itl fill your multi mission needs good enough, and no Viper is nessary"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As far as I know, the main advantage of F/A-18 super hornet over the regular hornet is fuel capacity and loadouts, but in DCS we have quite small map areas, who cares for an extended range F/A-18? It would not have any real advantage in DCS over the current C project.

Regarding the F-16, maybe it has the same profile mission of F/A-18, but it is a single engine plane and... well, it's the f-16! It would be not so difficult to simulate for ED once the hornet is complete. So I think that a f-16 module would be little expense so much yield for ED: I would be the first to buy even if it would be quite similar (maybe a little less) to the f/a-18c.

Even the Early Lots/Block I Super Hornets, are a different machine.

Just because the cockpit has significant resemblance to the Legacy, and systems familiarity, it doesn't mean they are the same. the familiarity was a cost saving measure in both production and training, but many of the core items were upgraded considerably.

Prolly the biggest part, but never really highlighted are the Processors.

-E's have 2 more hardpoints than the C's

-E's have more fuel, and more power than the C's

-E's have more systems redundancy than the C's

-E's do no use unguided rockets

-E's have vastly superior Aerodynamics and DFCS

Block I and Block II Super Hornets will be upgraded to Block II Late or Block III in 2019 via SLMP.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

But it still comes back to - why would E.D. do a superbug, when it would kill the profits from the current 'C' dead ?

You'll all buy the 'C' when it's available, but if they said before release that next off the line is an 'E', how many of you would hold off (& maybe fly an F-14) till the 'E' turned up ?

If they didn't tell you before release, and you bought the 'C', then 2 months later then announced the 'E' was coming, there's be effigies being burned over people being tricked into buying 2 modules when there should only have been an 'E'.

If they were to change now before release - yes the radar is the same, but it's an entirely different plane for systems modelling, FM, etc., etc.... All sunk costs, all to do again before release...

Why would they go there ???

Cheers.

As far as I know, the main advantage of F/A-18 super hornet over the regular hornet is fuel capacity and loadouts, but in DCS we have quite small map areas, who cares for an extended range F/A-18? It would not have any real advantage in DCS over the current C project.

Regarding the F-16, maybe it has the same profile mission of F/A-18, but it is a single engine plane and... well, it's the f-16! It would be not so difficult to simulate for ED once the hornet is complete. So I think that a f-16 module would be little expense so much yield for ED: I would be the first to buy even if it would be quite similar (maybe a little less) to the f/a-18c.

i disagree. Fuel capacity is pretty important even in DCs size maps. It means more the luxury of more loiter time. "Already enough fuel" isn't really that legit of an argument from excluding something. You can never have too much fuel , Unless your a hog pilot maybe. :D

SH will still be no Mud Hen in terms of endurance (still twice the range and something in Razbam's plans), let alone that of an warthog. Simmers will still be taking such an aircraft with Max internal Fuel if not flying it with at least 1 external tank. Trust me. SH doesn't have so much range that it can needs to go with less than 100% internal fuel. The A10 remains the only aircraft where people regularly fly 50-60% internal, because it has more time than most people need. SH will not be in the same boat despite better range to the Legacies.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I know its generally been stated before but if I want the Super Hornet, I want the Super Hornet with all the bells and whistles (which remain classified). Its important to remember how new the Super Hornet is (especially since its still in production for the US Navy), and all blocks of any kinds still have more limited data. It just makes since to focus on aircraft that have more data around because they have been around longer

I hate to shatter any illusions, but as far as modern aircraft in DCS according to the devs themselves, there's some guessing involved with the modern aircraft.

Yes of course there is, this is just a flight simulation available to public nothing will be perfect (which we will have no idea if its perfect or not). It was more of point to say that the Super Hornet is relatively new when compared to an F-15/16 or MiG-29

Yes of course there is, this is just a flight simulation available to public nothing will be perfect (which we will have no idea if its perfect or not). It was more of point to say that the Super Hornet is relatively new when compared to an F-15/16 or MiG-29

So is is the a29 tucano.xd.

At may be newer but data wouldn't be much more of an issue compared to a late legacy hornet as it's pointed out that core systems like radar, rwr. Cm suite are the same and even the software within mfds are similar. Within. The block 1

The only thing pilots would have to adjust to is a new fuel display and getting used to a touchscreen ufcd that replaced the keypad UFC. Lot 23 up have ale 50 towable decoy. So apart from that. I really don't see data being an issue with block 1 production.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Can also be used as a tanker as well. :)

We can also have our own tankers up in multiplayer whenever we want...

fa-18e-f_008.jpg

At this point an AI Super Hornet Family Module would still be the best option.

You'll get all the support of the Superbug, and not conflict with Legacy Bug Sales.

Even then, the Super Bug Tanker would be no better than the S-3R, with barely being able to hold enough fuel to refuel 2 fighters.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 2 weeks later...

well this is happening

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3401005&postcount=1809

https://www.facebook.com/SkateZillaGraphics/

WIP F/A18E, F/A18F and EAG growler AI for DCS.

Project headed up by SkateZilla, ( who didnt seem to share such a relevent news despite commenting here)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

well this is happening

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3401005&postcount=1809

https://www.facebook.com/SkateZillaGraphics/

WIP F/A18E, F/A18F and EAG growler AI for DCS.

Project headed up by SkateZilla, ( who didnt seem to share such a relevent news despite commenting here)

The people working on it haven't given any indication if it's just going to be either a private or public mod or if they're giving it to ED for inclusion in the base game, so mentioning it is sort of irrelevant imo.

Either way, I'd definitely like to see an E/F/G AI model set in DCS, as we're probably not going to get a flyable one for years.

Edited by Buzzles

• 6 months later...

I bought the Legacy Hornet the day it was first released for pre-purchase sale. I love the Legacy Hornet. I think the F-14 is cool. I'm going to buy the F-14 whenever its sale is first announced, pre-purchase or otherwise. I'm gonna buy the Strike Eagle when its sale is announced.

I like the Super Hornet. I had something like 600 hours and a lot of fun times doing everything the Super Hornet could do in another sim so I have a soft spot for the Superbug. I'd buy a Super Hornet if ED or a third party dev made one simply because DCS flight models are the best there is in PC gaming. I think the argument that if ED makes a Super Hornet module, nobody is going to buy a previously released module is invalid. I plan to have the F-14, the F/A-18C at the same time and if an F/A-18F with multicrew was released I'd buy that too and I'd spend time in them all to make sure I felt like I got my money's worth out of them. I say the more early 2000's multirole fighter aircraft we have the better.

I think an F/A-18F with multicrew would be awesome. I'd definitely be down for that and buy it.

Honestly though, I bought the DCS F/A-18C. At this point given how many features are complete for the F18C really all I do in it is gun fight. I'm having a blast dogfighting in it. When I have the F-14B I'm going to learn how to dogfight in it and I'm sure I'll have a blast doing that too. When I was flying the Super Hornet on that other sim I didn't have a good multiplayer environment to fly it in or a flight model like you get in DCS. Given its higher loaded weight, lower TWR, and advanced aerodynamics I would enjoy seeing if I could be as good at BFM in a high fidelity DCS Super Hornet as I am in the DCS Legacy Hornet which has been described as highly maneuverable and a superb dogfighter in the books I've read.

No offence, but if they have to waste years on a module or even a year or even 6 months, you think they will work on another variant of a existing module, or pass those time to work on a new one to please another range of people than just work for F/A-18's fans? The Hornet is my favorite aircraft ever and dreamed about it in DCS since day one i bought DCS in 2009-2010, but i personaly think working on a SuperHornet would be a waste of ressources as they can work on anohter module to please, Viper's lovers, Eagle, Mudhen or even Helicopters fans.

But you can dream as long as it makes you happy. But with all modules that came out since last years, besides the old A-10A in FC3 and the A-10C and same will happen to the new F-15, but mainly cuz it was made from FC3 and want a more complete model i presume, they never worked on 2 major variants of the same airframes, but you can keep dreaming :)

The people working on it haven't given any indication if it's just going to be either a private or public mod or if they're giving it to ED for inclusion in the base game, so mentioning it is sort of irrelevant imo.

Either way, I'd definitely like to see an E/F/G AI model set in DCS, as we're probably not going to get a flyable one for years.

I have been 100% Clear in what it's going to be, hence the Reason it's Labeled "Super Hornets A.I. Pack"

Dude, since the Block 1 had the same avionics, all they need to do is make an external model, cockpit, change some flight model values and print money.

Not Quite, There's significant changes even in the Block I / Lot 23

I also agree with Doum76. Even though a Super Hornet would peak my interest I acknowledge that it's still too early to be thinking about doing a Super Hornet. I much rather ED and the other 3rd parties focus on doing totally different aircraft that have available de-classified data. Then maybe in years to come when the necessary data becomes available it will become more feasible to do a SH right.

• 2 weeks later...