MYSE1234's Realistic HUD mod

This really looks great, but unfortunately it just makes the HUDs blurrier in VR.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hi. After Viggen's release, I thought other HUDs must have been like this. And you did it. Thanks a lot! :)

Downloaded but not tried yet.

It's not big deal, but desktop.ini files are everywhere in your mod folder structure. Could you please not to let them located in your mod? :)

Thank you for your work!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi. After Viggen's release, I thought other HUDs must have been like this. And you did it. Thanks a lot! :)

Downloaded but not tried yet.

It's not big deal, but desktop.ini files are everywhere in your mod folder structure. Could you please not to let them located in your mod? :)

Thank you for your work!

Hi. Yeah I been thinking of making this mod for a long time. It was the Viggen release that finally made me do it.

Never noticed that myself, might be because I'm not using the same download you are. Must be Google drive that add those files, without me knowing. I'll look into it.

Edit: Can't see the desktop.ini files on my end, not sure what is going on.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

...Edit: Can't see the desktop.ini files on my end, not sure what is going on.
You know, ini files are hidden. If your Windows Explorer is set to hide hidden files, you can't see them.

That's why you should enable to Show hidden files, folders and drives feature. Maybe it helps.

See you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You know, ini files are hidden. If your Windows Explorer is set to hide hidden files, you can't see them.

That's why you should enable to Show hidden files, folders and drives feature. Maybe it helps.

See you.

Oh wow, thought I already done that (Recently reinstalled windows on my PC).

And I hope I successfully removed those .ini files now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick question & apologies if it has been covered.

Is it still necessary to update the M-2000C HUD separately or has the M-2000C mod been incorporated into version 1.28?

All aircraft are in the main mod(M2k included) , however there is a HD version for the mirage, which have to be installed separatly if you wish to use it.

Hope that clear things up.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All aircraft are in the main mod(M2k included) , however there is a HD version for the mirage, which have to be installed separatly if you wish to use it.

Hope that clear things up.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Many Thanks Yes it does

Added a version for 2.1 that makes it work better with the new lighting system. Still not great, since everything is very bright.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been trying to get any of these working for the last 2 hours without any success in 2.1. And now I can't even get any Nevada mission (single, quick mission or campaign) work anymore with any aircraft!! Gawd knows what has happened. I've tried a repair without success. Normandy still works thankfully. Any ideas please?

I also could not get them to work in 1.5 either (and at least that still works too!)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I've been trying to get any of these working for the last 2 hours without any success in 2.1. And now I can't even get any Nevada mission (single, quick mission or campaign) work anymore with any aircraft!! Gawd knows what has happened. I've tried a repair without success. Normandy still works thankfully. Any ideas please?

I also could not get them to work in 1.5 either (and at least that still works too!)

Hi.

I just installed the mod with the same download that is linked in the first post, and it works fine.

Are you sure you are installing it correctly?

Just drop the folders in the .zip in to the game directory, and replace all files (30, i think), and you should be good.

Or you could just uses JSGME if you have it set up.

It's installed the same way on both version of DCS.

Not sure what else the problems you are having is caused by.

Hope that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just typing an edit there. I got it to work in 1.5 (turns out I didn't install the FUI folder!!! Although this wasn't the case in 2.1 though. I have to diasable the HUD mods to be able to fly any mission (there must be a conflict somewhere in the _Mods folder (I'm using JSGME). I'll try again tomorrow. Cheers for the reply

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Does this work for standalone mods like the A-10A, Su-27 or is it just FC3?

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

Does this work for standalone mods like the A-10A, Su-27 or is it just FC3?

Yes it does, shouldn't be a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

whats the difference? can someone post with mod and without screens please

If you scroll down a bit there are some screenshots.

Link

Link2

Sadly I can't edit the whole HUD on the FC3 planes as they are hardcoded into the game.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it does, shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for answering, came out great!

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

Great mod, really liking it.

One thing though, with the M2K there's the gun snake and the ground attack sight that are unchanged. Are these unchangeable?

Yes, or atleast it seems to be that way. I have yet to find a way to change it.

It might use the same hardcoded HUD symbology that the FC3 aircraft are using, which would mean that it's not possible to change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]