DELETED

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome vid, love it

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Your site and tutorials are an inspiration, great work. I have all your mods except the VLSO/PLAT cam mod, the link isn't working, is there another link perhaps?

This is the one I was trying to use

http://www.users.on.net/~jase_ash/http:/www.users.on.net/~jase_ash/styled-14/index.html

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Hi Ghostrider,

I've got good news for you, I have totally integrated all my PLAT crosshairs and MGRS maps into the public ISVA Hornet mod which is available at our DOWNLOAD page.

It incorporates our new squadron VFA-83 Rampagers who are part of our air wing.

When you enter the cockpit of this Hornet you can hit ESCAPE and select the MANUAL, you should see a list of contents so pick the PLAT crosshair that suits you. Page 2 is the standard 1080 2D monitor crosshair but there are ones for 4K and Oculus Rift also.

I'll soon be releasing a tutorial video showing how to use the new crosshairs.

Yeah, agreed it does seem to work best, I tried both for several landings.

A tutorial would be really great, I have it working except I can only use it in the menu mode, in other words I have to select '2' in the manual and then resume the game with my overlay being the manual screen and not the rest of the cam features on the left and right side as in your videos, am I missing something?

We (myself and 4 of my friends who are learning how to do the approaches and the vLSO grading) would really love to have the voice scripts you have on the videos, it just ain't the same without hearing 'roger ball' :thumbup:

Thanks for the help

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Awesome, I am familiar with triggers and have been using them a lot making missions, so I won't have too many questions for you ha.

What days are you on? I've spoken with some people before in your channel a couple of times, really cool guys.

• 2 weeks later...

VFA-83 Rampagers are a virtual DCS F/A-18C fighter squadron and part of the CVW-17 air wing with VFA-113 Stingers.

They are integrated into our "mod pack" which means they get access to our extra detailed base Hornet paint and the squadron livery. I also maintain individual pilot names on every jet as well as combining their Greenie Board with our system.

We conduct all carrier ops together, they operate within our training and procedures and we have joint missions every few weeks.

The only way to fly alongside the Stingers is to join VFA-83.

The Commanding Officer 'Strike' has just released this fantastic video showing his CAG jet in a low level flight over Nevada. Great work Strike!

OE991aMyA_8

Hi Race, short answer is no but please check out the following explanation.

Previously in VNAO we had different squadrons for F-14 and F/A-18.

This meant that if you were posted to the Hornet sqn after training (like I was) you never flew the Tomcat in Friday combat missions. Also if the F-14 guys didn't show up, the Hornet guys were left without fighters to punch their way in to the target.

Also the F-14 guys all thought they were out of a Fighter Fling video and would make demeaning jokes towards the Hornet guys.

From these lessons we have decided that VFA-113 and VFA-83 are the only squadrons and there is a mandatory list of DCS modules that everyone should own to be able to fly in the combat missions.

Current:

1. F/A-18C

2. UH-1H

Forecasted:

3. F-14A/B

4. AV-8B

What this means is that each week the mission creator can put any of those aircraft into his mission and depending on who turns up we assign roles on the day. At the moment you only need to be proficient at two aircraft.

I have seen the results of having squadrons with their own aircraft types and it was a people relations disaster. It drove a huge wedge between friends and started all sorts of silly squadron rivalry.

We want to keep people together as much as possible so that everyone feels like they're part of the same team. It also means that everyone has as much right to fly Harrier or Tomcat in a combat mission as the next guy.

We primarily plan on flying the DCS F/A-18C but it's cool to think on any given Friday you could end up in an F-14.

just watched the latest Quals vid some very nice landings

I know the meatball lights need a tweak on the Bush for 2.1 as lights work diferent in the sim now,

but do you guys have any plans to switch over to 2.1 Normandy and do some quals in weather on a pitching deck? it would shake things up a tad

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

We primarily plan on flying the DCS F/A-18C but it's cool to think on any given Friday you could end up in an F-14.

more battle videos :thumbup:

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

2017 6 monthly Carrier Qualifications took place last night with 7 pilots logging 6 traps each to qual.

WMcWjx57iXs

@Dingo Bob - yeah of course we will look at doing all that great stuff when the real DCS Hornet comes out.

We used to do a lot of pitching deck but we opted for no wind and a fast carrier to practice countering angled deck drift as we think maintaining lineup is a tougher skill to master.

@ Alf Battle videos when we get the official DCS Hornet :D

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Nice Vids!! I enjoy your mod to practice Carrier landings wit the F-14.

Very good work!!! and thanks for sharing this mod.

I noticed that in your vids are more "speech" than in the download Version.

Like that "Welcome on board sir.." and " in close"

is this correct or did i something wrong?

Edited by BlackLibrary