A lot of new pledge options.

OB1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another singleplayer only player. As a result, multi-crewed aircraft hold no interest for me.

I'd much rather see another good single-seater or a really good campaign or two. Everyone had their own priorities, though.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

What if that multi-crew plane could have AI in the crew spots though? ;)

I'm another singleplayer only player. As a result, multi-crewed aircraft hold no interest for me.

I'd much rather see another good single-seater or a really good campaign or two. Everyone had their own priorities, though.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No, he means you dont have to spend anything the way its worded right now, and you will get the 3 flyables free.

3 flyable for free? Well, as I see it now it after the "community" have shown their real colors the maths are a lot easier (with only 850 stepping in so far):

Everyone gets: no game and no planes. And best of all for all the greedy ones holding their cash close to the chest. No one has to spend anything!

And then people can go back to spending months in threads complaining that the big publishers have "knife stabbed" the simulation market that was so alive and sprawling in the 90:ies. We at least know who really holds the dripping knife now - don't we? ;)

Edited by mazex
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Ya know I was thinking about it, People all of a sudden think "oh these planes are free! Screw it, I don't need to back it!"

Well I believe what is being over looked is this - WWII is going to be a module, like Combined Arms. You don't have to purchase each tank individually to use in CA. When released non-backers will have to BUY WWII module. It will come with those 3 "free" planes. Maybe the stretch goal planes will be included, or maybe they'll be additional modules (see: P-51).

So - pledge now, get the module & "free" planes at a very fair price. Or wait and pay full-price when its released. CA is $30, but Huey, Mi-8 & FC3 are all $50... In comparison, pledging just $40 gets you not just the WWII Europe, but you'll get the P-51 & FW190. Those 2 alone are another $40-$60 depending if you catch em on sale or not!!

Everyone gets: no game and no planes. And best of all for all the greedy ones holding their cash close to the chest. No one has to spend anything!

A lot of people live in countries where a 100$ is a whole year's budget for entertainment. And I'm not talking kids or students. Real job people.

So it's not just about being greedy.

Lets say the B-17 does make it in the end. Having gunner positions available in MP for the guys without the B-17 module would add another flavor to the sales - RoF has it and it was a step towards me purchasing heavy bombers in that sim. Bombardier and pilot/copilot positions should stay locked for the module owners naturally.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Ya know I was thinking about it, People all of a sudden think "oh these planes are free! Screw it, I don't need to back it!"

Well I believe what is being over looked is this - WWII is going to be a module, like Combined Arms. You don't have to purchase each tank individually to use in CA. When released non-backers will have to BUY WWII module. It will come with those 3 "free" planes. Maybe the stretch goal planes will be included, or maybe they'll be additional modules (see: P-51).

So - pledge now, get the module & "free" planes at a very fair price. Or wait and pay full-price when its released. CA is $30, but Huey, Mi-8 & FC3 are all $50... In comparison, pledging just $40 gets you not just the WWII Europe, but you'll get the P-51 & FW190. Those 2 alone are another $40-$60 depending if you catch em on sale or not!!

Yes - having it clear that it is a $30 module you get if you pledge instead of free would have been the right decision in my book too to make people that are "free riders" to step in. The problem is that changing it now will start heated discussions with bad PR...

I do think that Ilya with this comment from the Kickstarter discussion board is on the right track to get the ones that have already pledged to "rise their bets" however:

Creator Ilya Shevchenko about 15 hours ago

Hey folks,

We're very close to the decision on moving the B-17 up in the stretch goals. It's 99% a yes. Just need to crunch the numbers around a little bit.

Going to update within 24 hours.

Also going to add some new rewards in the same edit with the ability to give keys to friends, wallpapers, and alpha access

Getting early alpha and beta access may get people to wake up (and it would going above $40 more interesting). A B-17 would for sure be a nice carrot too if it feels realistic to reach that goal :)

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

A lot of people live in countries where a 100$ is a whole year's budget for entertainment. And I'm not talking kids or students. Real job people.

So it's not just about being greedy.

Yes, you are naturally right and I am not targeting those with my "bashing"... It is very obvious looking at the list of the 847 backer that are already in that most of the names sound like they come from "the west" where $40 often is easy to set aside without having to sacrifice something important. I'm targeting the rich western free riders and whiners that say that they are "part of the community" but wait until the stretch goals are "better" etc ;)

Other ways I'm just paying so the naysayers can have the game for free.
You pay for the content, not the map (world). Essentially you buy plane models with your pledge (and hopefully early access to the game).

The naysayers can try the Su-25T (free plane model) in the map, but I doubt there will be a campaign or missions :)

You pay for the content, not the map (world). Essentially you buy plane models with your pledge (and hopefully early access to the game).

The naysayers can try the Su-25T (free plane model) in the map, but I doubt there will be a campaign or missions :)

The map is free, the 3 aircraft are free + AI. I already have the Mustang, and will get FW190 at day 1. And many others will too, because most of the crowd here are WWII enthusiast and won't be able to wait 1+ year to get it. I don't care for paper printed stuff.

So basically, I wouldn't get anything for any amount of pledge, at this time.

Its not the stretch goals its the base goal/offering that's pretty irreverent.

Irreverent? The base goal is irreverent toward what or whom?:huh:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Irreverent? The base goal is irreverent toward what or whom?:huh:

The game will be free to play. We most likely won't get to the first extended goal (375k). Most of us already have the pony for a long time and won't wait another year after release to get the D9.

So what we are left with is exactly the content given away for free to those that don't suport the game. I for one don't care about tshirts and promotional crap.

The only thing that has some value from all the kickstarter options is the beta acces.

The problem are not those who don't suport the game now, but whoever made the kickstarter so worthless. They will give all the planes from the main goal away for free. Why pledge? Just so those who don't suport the game now, to laugh at you at release. You won't have a single plane more than those who badmouth this project right now.

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

There's an alternative answer, patience...

I've pledged (at $40 level), I don't have the Pony (it's a fish out of water, albeit a beautiful one), I'm quite happy to wait and hold fire on the Dora. The rewards seem quite attractive, and depending on the state versus stretch goals later on , I may increase it.

Patience grasshopper.... There are plenty of other planes to keep you busy till then.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

The game will be free to play. We most likely won't get to the first extended goal (375k). Most of us already have the pony for a long time and won't wait another year after release to get the D9.

So what we are left with is exactly the content given away for free to those that don't suport the game. I for one don't care about tshirts and promotional crap.

The only thing that has some value from all the kickstarter options is the beta acces.

The problem are not those who don't suport the game now, but whoever made the kickstarter so worthless. They will give all the planes from the main goal away for free. Why pledge? Just so those who don't suport the game now, to laugh at you at release. You won't have a single plane more than those who badmouth this project right now.

My feeling exactly. I pledged nicely for SC and could pledge here at least that much or double , but unlike SC I don't see what I'm getting out of pledging (I already have pony as well) . Unlike many here seem to think this is not charity event. And goal of 100k is what? Barely years wage for one decent programmer.

Something needs to change drastically in this campain

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

My feeling exactly. I pledged nicely for SC and could pledge here at least that much or double , but unlike SC I don't see what I'm getting out of pledging (I already have pony as well) . Unlike many here seem to think this is not charity event. And goal of 100k is what? Barely years wage for one decent programmer.

Something needs to change drastically in this campain

I'd agree. Looking at the difference between the $100 and $200 level pledges - all you get currently for doubling your pledge to $200 is a mention in the game credits that absolutely nobody reads and takes 1 minute to program and a t-shirt. Not the most tempting reason to double down. Higher pledge levels are supposed to dangle something tempting in front of you. Hopefully there's some revisions made shortly.

This is off some guy on the kickstarter comments page, pretty much nails it imo.

"Just my opinion, having been a part of about almost 20 Kickstarters, successful ones update almost every other day with more information about their games, concept art, music, models, gameplay, design, etc. I hope you are planning on more regular updates going forward. Thanks!"

Not sure what more people need, there is DCS P51 to go try, if you like that and want more with a map included, then pledge :)

This isn't being built from ground up right - so we have a working model. (This is actually closer to understanding what we get than BoS using a RoF WW1 engine)

Not sure what more people need, there is DCS P51 to go try, if you like that and want more with a map included, then pledge :)

How is P-51 related to RRG exactly? I am super confused about this kickstarter. Correct me if I am wrong, but it took at least one year to create the P-51D alone? And now by the September 2014 RRG will create 3-4 more planes at the same level? It just doesn't add up.

Edited by Simas

I don`t know Recon, but what I do know is the project write-up on kickstarter contained mistakes, people weren`t entirely sure who was getting what for what, people can see that donating nothing gets you 3 planes and a map, and that there`s been little evidence of anything RRG is working on. Now either I`m totally wrong but that ain`t the best way to kick off a project. I want the stretch goals as much as anyone, but if the fence sitters stay on the face, the free loaders don`t put anything in and the project manager isn`t seen to be manicly pushing the project it doesn`t bode well?? I`m sorry if that's unfair or harsh, but it`s how your less hardcore punter sees it.