how to increase text size font in top right

Mayer

Hello,

I've a noob question.... does someone could tell me how to increase the text size font in the top right when you have some speech.

I'm using 3440*1440 resolution screen and the text is really too small for me.

see screen attached

thanks for the help.

capture.thumb.jpg.84ae1122b05b05b7f28844d9bc022eb1.jpg

Here's a mod I made to increase the font size of the radio and messages.

Menu - Message & Radio Font Size.rar

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Here's a mod I made to increase the font size of the radio and messages.

Thanks a lot, :) ... will give it a try.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Snacko........It won't let me save it. It says I don't have permission.

Works for me. I don't know what to tell you.. It's a rar file. Have you used those before?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

It works for me too .. I added it to my Mod Manager:

6JmCJKR.jpg

and it does indeed increase the font size :) ... it doesnt seem to produce problems with longer texts, like this:

GgcvLEV.jpg

Thanks for sharing

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

The msg is from ED?? Or from Windows?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

It's hard for me to read it and the reason I need this to work.

First, it gives me the path to the file. Then it says I don't have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator of the file to get permission.

I guess it's from windows. I can't get out of it unless I choose Don't save.

Buzz

I'll PM you to sort this out..

It's hard for me to read it and the reason I need this to work.

First, it gives me the path to the file. Then it says I don't have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator of the file to get permission.

I guess it's from windows. I can't get out of it unless I choose Don't save.

try to start your editor using root / admin permissions, that might do the job.

Not sure what editor you mean? I just went changed the font size myself, but couldn't save it.

You dont need to edit the files .. just copy the Scripts folder included in the Mod, over to the /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/ folder.

You are probably getting confused by the readme file of the Mod, that explains what are the lines that the author changed to get the increased fonts ... the files within /Scripts are ready to use.

Best regards

Not sure what editor you mean? I just went changed the font size myself, but couldn't save it. That's always worked in other sims.

I opened the archive and executed the steps in the "Message & Radio Font Size.README.txt" using notepad++ (the editor).

---- as quoted from the readme file ----

TO ADJUST THE SIZE OF THE "RADIO" TEXT:

---------------------------------------

Edit the file: \Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\CommandMenu.lua

At about line 46-47 you will see these lines that you can change:

local fontSize = 16

local fontSizeCaption = 18

I opened the archive and executed the steps in the "Message & Radio Font Size.README.txt" using notepad++ (the editor).

---- as quoted from the readme file ----

TO ADJUST THE SIZE OF THE "RADIO" TEXT:

---------------------------------------

Edit the file: \Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\CommandMenu.lua

At about line 46-47 you will see these lines that you can change:

local fontSize = 16

local fontSizeCaption = 18

Yes, that's what I tried. Did it work for you? I'll try what Rudel suggested.

Buzz

... I'll try what Rudel suggested.

Keep in mind that if you just copy the folder, a future update of DCS may overwrite them, thus undoing your moded files.

You may copy them just to test if it works, but for long term I suggest to use a Mod Manager, like OvGME :)

Cheers.

I use Vaicom Pro . No menus .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Keep in mind that if you just copy the folder, a future update of DCS may overwrite them, thus undoing your moded files.

You may copy them just to test if it works, but for long term I suggest to use a Mod Manager, like OvGME :)

Cheers.

That worked. Easy to do and makes such a difference. I can read the type now. No big deal if it gets overwritten in updates. It takes less than a minute to redo it.

Thanks.

Buzz

I use Vaicom Pro . No menus .

I've tried voice recognition ... however, DCS still shows up the text ... and for training missions texts Vaicom doesnt help.

I've tried voice recognition ... however, DCS still shows up the text ... and for training missions texts Vaicom doesnt help.

VIACOM PRO allows disabling the menus (Preferences Tab -> Disable Menues), that includes the F10 options - so you better know what you do :)