[REPORTED] RWR Power Button Incorrect Function When Assigned To keyboard Or Button

Fubarbrickdust

Bit of a funky problem I'm experiencing...

When binding the RWR POWER button to either a keystroke or button, the command behaves exactly like a momentary OFF-(ON) command. As in each button press does not switch the state of the button, instead behaving like a push-to-hold function where the RWR POWER is only activated when the button is held...not ideal, obviously.

Using a mouse click works normally and as intended.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

If so, what's the best way to report it?

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

• 2 weeks later...

...bump

Can anyone else assist in confirming that the issue is not isolated to my system? - it’d be much appreciated and super easy to check by simply trying the keyboard shortcut for RWR POWER - if it’s acting up the RWR will just bounce back into the off position and go dead.

At least that way I can stop fumbling around the lua files trying to fix it.

I’ve made a workaround by creating two separate state entries in the input default.lua - but I find it irksome as it offends my ocd - if it can be verified/acknowledged as a bug and put on the todo list it’ll be easier to let it stop itching at my brain! :joystick:

Cheers all :thumbup:

EDIT: As in the previous post - It has to be an assigned input from either the keyboard or a joystick button in order for the issue to manifest itself. Using the mouse to click the button work as per design.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust
Clarification & spelling

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

I can confirm this, just tried it on the latest stable 2.5.

I have a TM Cougar MFD with key mapped in TARGET to power on the RWR. It is a press and hold until released map of the default RAlt+P. Pressing the MFD key will turn off the RWR, but it won't turn it back on. If I hold the MFD key in the RWR starts its power up, but as soon as I release the button, the RWR goes back off. It is essentially like the switch on the panel isn't modeled to "stick" when pressed in by a keyboard command.

Pushing the key combination on the keyboard presents with identical behavior, even when mapped to a different combination. As the OP said, function of the switch is perfect when clicked by the mouse.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

• 2 months later...

...UP

Have the same issue and it is not only the power button but all of them.

EDIT: It's only the power button. Tried to fix it in the lua but the issue is not there. So fix from ED is needed.

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that DCS is using the value of 1 being the system is on and 0 being the system is off. But of course the pilot has no direct control over the power state of the system. Instead he must interact with the button and it is the button which turns the system on and off, not the pilot.

Button has states:

A Not pushed, out

B Pushed from out

C Not pushed, in

D Pushed from in

Input has values:

0 No press

1 Press

The developer needs to track the state of the button and if it is being pushed separately. A cycle of the switch is the following:

state A then input 1 leads to

state B then input 0 leads to

state C then input 1 leads to

state D then input 0 leads to

(state A and repeat)

Currently DCS is allowing the button to go from state B/C to state A without being in state D first which is physically impossible. Lastly, the animated position of the button has three states visually, A being not sunken, B and D being all the way sunken, and C being partially sunken.

The best I know how to do right now is to add the following lines to the keyboard\default.lua

{down = ic_commands.Power,        cockpit_device_id = devices.RWR_IC,    value_down = 1.0, name = _('RWR POWER Key Down'),                    category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('RWR')}},
{down = ic_commands.Power,        cockpit_device_id = devices.RWR_IC,    value_down = 0.0, name = _('RWR POWER Key Up'),                    category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('RWR')}},

Then you need a separate key stroke for on and off.

Edited by Frederf

Thanks for the workaround and explanation Frederf. Do you have any speculation as to what would have been changed (or why) that made this issue suddenly appear over the summer? I have been using the same MFD profile since the week of early access release until now it worked as an on/off toggle that whole time...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

The problem is that DCS is using the value of 1 being the system is on and 0 being the system is off. But of course the pilot has no direct control over the power state of the system. Instead he must interact with the button and it is the button which turns the system on and off, not the pilot.

Button has states:

A Not pushed, out

B Pushed from out

C Not pushed, in

D Pushed from in

Input has values:

0 No press

1 Press

The developer needs to track the state of the button and if it is being pushed separately. A cycle of the switch is the following:

state A then input 1 leads to

state B then input 0 leads to

state C then input 1 leads to

state D then input 0 leads to

(state A and repeat)

Currently DCS is allowing the button to go from state B/C to state A without being in state D first which is physically impossible. Lastly, the animated position of the button has three states visually, A being not sunken, B and D being all the way sunken, and C being partially sunken.

The best I know how to do right now is to add the following lines to the keyboard\default.lua

{down = ic_commands.Power,        cockpit_device_id = devices.RWR_IC,    value_down = 1.0, name = _('RWR POWER Key Down'),                    category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('RWR')}},
{down = ic_commands.Power,        cockpit_device_id = devices.RWR_IC,    value_down = 0.0, name = _('RWR POWER Key Up'),                    category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('RWR')}},

Then you need a separate key stroke for on and off.

Hi, I was trying similar approach in the lua, but it is more than the value, if you see for example "unknown ship" button, also has value 1 for down and 0 for up, but it works as expected tho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

rwr key mapping problem

good evening,

I have encountered the following problem with the fine F5 module:

I cannot correctly switch on the RWR system by mapping a key.

When I map the power key (RWR Indicator Control button) to a key, it just lits as long as I press the key. when I release the key, the rwr goes off at once. is this a bug or is there a workaround?

switching keys didnt help so far...

kind regards

boris

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

• 2 months later...

How I solved it

Hi everyone

1. If you are using Voice Attack, make a command like this:

picture.php?albumid=1816&pictureid=11565

2. Or, if you want to modify the imput use OVGME en install this files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17M_UEQ9i5zeKvvB4oGxYyymx1JQislmR/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder