Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #31
Phantom_Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post
Don't think the OP was attempting to micro manage, he was looking for clarification, equally he is not in a position to micro manage the ED dev team at any rate.

As for just letting them do their jobs - part of any commercial entity is to communicate with the customer, the fact that people raise such issues combined with the lack of hornet development in the last quarter and no real detailed milestone discussions from ED means that from a PR perspective they have failed aka part of their job. Luckily for them their is no competition in this sector, they have an excellent product with a devoted and loyal customer base and thus get away with their substandard communication.

Being critical of their Public Relations is separate from being critical of the dev team.
here here
Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #32
Arctander

Thank you Nineline for providing the clarity (with provisos) that was requested.

Last edited by Arctander; 11-06-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #33
hanab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Our focus is currently on cleaning up the F-16C enough to release it to the “stable” version. There are several items this entails, and one of them is the Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode because it was earlier listed as an at-release feature. There is also work on the flight dynamics and cockpit systems of the F-16C to get it out of the Open Beta-only stage. Meanwhile, other team members are at work on the Hornet weapon systems and developing technology and tools that will benefit both aircraft. We expect a hard push on the Hornet’s radar and targeting pod by the end of the month. Please note that this is our current planning and sometimes plans can change (like it did with sharing development staff between the Viper and Hornet). While we try our best to keep you informed of our intent, please understand that this is never a promise but rather us relaying to you our current intent. Thank you for your patience.
Yes thanks for this News. But what do you mean with hard push on hornet radar ? Tws ?
Old 11-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #34
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanab View Post
Yes thanks for this News. But what do you mean with hard push on hornet radar ? Tws ?
You can see the answer here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=219
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #35
Top Jockey

Great !
Look forward to it.

Thank you for the heads-up.
SSD: Samsung 860 QVO
O.S: Win 7, 64 bit

FC 3 , MiG-21 Bis , F/A-18 C , F-14 B
Caucasus , Nevada
Old 11-07-2019, 02:05 AM   #36
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
......... . Meanwhile, other team members are at work on the Hornet weapon systems and developing technology and tools ............
Good news indeed. Thank you for the update.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:49 AM   #37
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Some people should really be barred from early access, and should wait instead until the product is feature complete. Maybe ED should really put some form of "Fit for early access?" type quiz before the option to purchase an ea module unlocks.

Those of us who are aware what early access entails (e.g., developing new sensor tech, ground radar, updated FLIR, a slew of other things we're not aware of, etc, etc,) and don't mind waiting for it, usually enjoy what get got and happily wait until things get added.
And some people should learn that asking is allowed. The OP asked a fair question in a respectful manner. It is a good way of presenting a concern as a client.

The one answering him if any, wont't be a developer, or it should not be one, meaning that loosing dev time is in fact a stupidity.

I agree that EA has some special T&C and that is not for everyone, but some people here carry this to an unhealthy way of thinking, while they criticise others for doing a totally respectful behavior.

Different would have been a non constructive critic expressed in bad manners.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #38
BoneDust

I understand why folks are frustrated. Look what was released today. I never had an issue with the SA page but after today's update I spent 4 hours rebuilding our server, HMD worked on one sortie and not on the next, Rad Alt worked on one sortie and not the next. 6 slammers fired within 10 miles none hit. Some pilots seeing static models on the carrier, other seeing some models, while others see none, lowered gear and flaps to trap and the jet went into a deep left bank; which I couldn't get trimmed until I retracted gear and flaps and tried again, cannot get TGP to LSS with autolase JTAC. It use to work with another player lasing, and DCS is very slow loading now compared to a few months ago.

There's so much potential but we are clearly not moving ahead. We just keep introducing new bugs. I don't care about new avionics or weapons right now. I'd like to see these nuisance bugs fixed first. With all of the products ED says they are working on I can see why things are such a mess; feels like the old BMS days again.

Spoiler:
Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S
Old 11-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #39
Greyman

https://youtu.be/eq5pzufCZuY

I guess the only thing that has changed, since this song was originally released, is the range of responses that are open to the "hole digger".
Old 11-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #40
Cytarabine

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
And some people should learn that asking is allowed. The OP asked a fair question in a respectful manner. It is a good way of presenting a concern as a client.

The one answering him if any, wont't be a developer, or it should not be one, meaning that loosing dev time is in fact a stupidity.

I agree that EA has some special T&C and that is not for everyone, but some people here carry this to an unhealthy way of thinking, while they criticise others for doing a totally respectful behavior.

Different would have been a non constructive critic expressed in bad manners.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
I never get why people are so quick to criticize anyone who dares ask a question about early access particularly when there appears to be a lack of progress on key systems. If you are happy with the drip feed then great, however some people are clearly not, and I think that the release of the Viper drawing staff away from the Hornet has added to that feeling and it is only natural to ask questions.
Closed Thread