Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #21
Gripes323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
But have the devs in the Hornet team enjoyed a complimentary company fruit basket during the weekend?
I wonder if the Hornet "team" made a difference for the Viper? I'm sure they were yelling and screaming being dragged away from Hornet's nest. Well, at least the SuperCarrier team put their collective foot down and they already have the champagne bottle for the shipyard launch.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #22
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanab View Post
if the engineers had returned to the hornet project, we would know it. They must finish the viper radar before. So for now, we have to wait another two More weeks.
Which would make it 10 weeks. At what point has the team ‘helped get the Viper over the line’ enough, ED hasn’t said and I’m getting very concerned that it is an open ended move and there is no plan/expectation that they will move back in anything approaching a timescale measured in weeks, hence my request for ED to provide a commitment to time gate the deprioritisation of the Hornet avionics.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 PM   #23
Outlaw24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripes323 View Post
I wonder if the Hornet "team" made a difference for the Viper? I'm sure they were yelling and screaming being dragged away from Hornet's nest. Well, at least the SuperCarrier team put their collective foot down and they already have the champagne bottle for the shipyard launch.
I don't know it might be different for the Super Carrier since it might not require as many systems to be built, at least I hope so. But either way if it's released soon it will make three modules in EA along side of the Hornet and Viper. we will see...
MSI 390 Carbon Pro, i7 9700K @ 4.9, Noctua NH-U14S, 32GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Pro, MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind Pedals, UTC MK II Pro, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 PM   #24
Sarge55

Hmmm... you might really be a manager. That's quite the collection of "management speak" cliches you've trotted out in this thread.

i7 3770K OC 4.4GHZ / H100 Cooler / 120GB & 240GB SSD's & 1TB HDD / ASUS Sabertooth MB / GTX 980 / 16GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog
Old 11-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #25
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge55 View Post
Hmmm... you might really be a manager. That's quite the collection of "management speak" cliches you've trotted out in this thread.
We could populate this thread with more of the same to move the discussion along: https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

(all in good fun, of course)
Old 11-06-2019, 09:12 PM   #26
Sarge55

Of course. My intention as well.

i7 3770K OC 4.4GHZ / H100 Cooler / 120GB & 240GB SSD's & 1TB HDD / ASUS Sabertooth MB / GTX 980 / 16GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog
Old 11-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #27
hanab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
Which would make it 10 weeks. At what point has the team ‘helped get the Viper over the line’ enough, ED hasn’t said and I’m getting very concerned that it is an open ended move and there is no plan/expectation that they will move back in anything approaching a timescale measured in weeks, hence my request for ED to provide a commitment to time gate the deprioritisation of the Hornet avionics.
I agree. But do not wait for a clear answer from them. they work on a lot of projects so it's normal that everything takes time.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 PM   #28
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge55 View Post
Haha! Stick the word ‘Project’ in front of ‘Manager’ and that’s me! I did neglect to talk about the information radiator, timeboxes and of course the perennial favourite ‘going forwards’ :-)
Old 11-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #29
NineLine
Community Manager

Our focus is currently on cleaning up the F-16C enough to release it to the “stable” version. There are several items this entails, and one of them is the Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode because it was earlier listed as an at-release feature. There is also work on the flight dynamics and cockpit systems of the F-16C to get it out of the Open Beta-only stage. Meanwhile, other team members are at work on the Hornet weapon systems and developing technology and tools that will benefit both aircraft. We expect a hard push on the Hornet’s radar and targeting pod by the end of the month. Please note that this is our current planning and sometimes plans can change (like it did with sharing development staff between the Viper and Hornet). While we try our best to keep you informed of our intent, please understand that this is never a promise but rather us relaying to you our current intent. Thank you for your patience.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #30
SmirkingGerbil

Did I just read the cliff notes of "How to win friends and influence people", or possibly "The CEO next door"?

Doh, it popped right after NineLine's post . . . this is not in regards to that.
Closed Thread