Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - ED Forums

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2019, 12:36 AM   #10
BuzzU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughlb View Post
You don’t get incomplete planes unless you opt into early access. The Hornet and Viper are still being developed.

The systems we have now is actually fantastic, because it doesn’t discriminate. It gives all of us the option to buy the product and use the product when we wish. I could buy the Viper with the prerelease discount, then not use it for a year if I wanted to. Or I could buy the module when it exits early access. This is brilliant because no one in this thread is prevented from doing what they want to do. Personally, I was able to buy the Viper at a discount then start flying it last month, which is exactly what I was hoping to do. I didn’t have to wait for it to have TWS or other random features, I could just fly early on.

The problem is, for whatever reason, people don’t want to wait. So I don’t think a different model is needed, they just need to help people understand the compromise of early access, probably through an application process for alpha testing that people sign up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the problem is money and i'm not saying it is. If it is, then something has to change. They only make money now if they sell new planes and terrain. That has its limits. I hate pay for play as much as anybody but I want to see ED be successful. Don't you?