Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
Arctander

Default Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper?

As in the title we have not been told that they have, and it has been 8 weeks now (iirc) since we were told they had (edit: been moved to help with the Viper)

Have they ALL moved back?

And if not, what is the backstop ED can give us (last date at which they will be working on the Viper before being moved back irrespective of Viper status).

Last edited by Arctander; 11-06-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Clarified first line
Old 11-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
probad

great, everyone's a manager
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
Old 11-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
QuiGon
Veteran

Folks, how about letting the devs work as they seem fit to do what works best instead of all this remote managing from people who have no clue of the actual work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
Indeed...

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Old 11-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #4
Arctander

Quote:
Funnily enough, yes I am. But I’m also a paying customer who is concerned that the product I paid for is not being worked on to the best of the companies ability.

As a comparison example, If had I paid money for building work, and the building work was going slowly, and my next door neighbour had building work being done that started after mine and I can see it’s the same guys, I would be asking exactly the same question, as would you. Why should ED be protected from others from answering such a straight forward and open question?

Last edited by Arctander; 11-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #5
Hawkeye_UK

I think its unfair to say about manager's - this is a forum and people can raise or voice their feelings/thoughts.

However this has been raised before in terms of concerns. I think the context to this is that people easily forget the community was told earlier this year that the F16 development would in no way affect the rollout or Early Access status of the F18. At the time i think it was fair to say a few of us rolled our eyes and thought that wouldn't be the case which has since proven to be correct.

It is also fair to say that since the end of July there has not really been any major advancements in the Hornet systems for early access and that is a full quarter. There are many outstanding issues and systems that need development, the TGP has had nothing more done and it is currently very basic with key features missing, even the HUD marker. We all know the key systems the hornet drivers are waiting on being TWS, AG radar, TGP completion etc.

The issue as i always say is ED's communication is generally very poor on milestone developments, even if they said Q3/Q4 target date for this or that system its not the time taken its the apparent lack of direction and treating paying customers like mushrooms. This was highlighted about a month ago and we got a brief statement on plans for both the hornet and the viper.

Whilst we are appreciative of this great simulation we should also remember that this is not BMS or community developed and given that it is payware ED should quite rightly have to communicate to their customers like any other commercial venture. It is also correct that they are brought to task when they go back on their promises or don't deliver a system.

Releasing the Viper has clearly annoyed some customers given the broken promise of it not impacting the Hornet. I have also noted numerous people saying that they will no longer purchase the Viper EA because its supporting ED's policy of moving on and not finishing modules, encouraging endless EA and chasing the next cash source - that said without support remember what happened to Mircoprose.....

DCS | F14B | AV8B | F18C | A10C | Viggen | SU27 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy

Water Cooled i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz | RTX2080 Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Old 11-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post
I think its unfair to say about manager's - this is a forum and people can raise or voice their feelings/thoughts.

However this has been raised before in terms of concerns. I think the context to this is that people easily forget the community was told earlier this year that the F16 development would in no way affect the rollout or Early Access status of the F18. At the time i think it was fair to say a few of us rolled our eyes and thought that wouldn't be the case which has since proven to be correct.

It is also fair to say that since the end of July there has not really been any major advancements in the Hornet systems for early access and that is a full quarter. There are many outstanding issues and systems that need development, the TGP has had nothing more done and it is currently very basic with key features missing, even the HUD marker. We all know the key systems the hornet drivers are waiting on being TWS, AG radar, TGP completion etc.

The issue as i always say is ED's communication is generally very poor on milestone developments, even if they said Q3/Q4 target date for this or that system its not the time taken its the apparent lack of direction and treating paying customers like mushrooms. This was highlighted about a month ago and we got a brief statement on plans for both the hornet and the viper.

Whilst we are appreciative of this great simulation we should also remember that this is not BMS or community developed and given that it is payware ED should quite rightly have to communicate to their customers like any other commercial venture. It is also correct that they are brought to task when they go back on their promises or don't deliver a system.

Releasing the Viper has clearly annoyed some customers given the broken promise of it not impacting the Hornet. I have also noted numerous people saying that they will no longer purchase the Viper EA because its supporting ED's policy of moving on and not finishing modules, encouraging endless EA and chasing the next cash source - that said without support remember what happened to Mircoprose.....
Thanks for a great response.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
Akula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post

Excellent reply and well warranted. To demonize the criticisms of paying customers is just sad.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #8
JAKAL

I also like EA, which is why I bought all the modules under development. But as a customer, I'd like to have the updates released faster.
With the advent of the Viper, I also believed that updates on the various systems, including the Hornet, took place more quickly.
I hope for the future in the most consistent update release.
Go ahead ED!
Old 11-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #9
Ayabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
Excellent reply and well warranted. To demonize the criticisms of paying customers is just sad.

I'm not sure why they just don't go full on Star Citizen at this point, there are enough sycophants to make it work, release some $5000 skin jobs and people will be bending over backwards to thank them.

The deal I can't let go of is that ED has basically admitted that the the $70 or whatever each of us paid for the F-18 was never going to be enough money to complete the project and the only way for this to move forward is to keep shelling out for further projects - which also have no hope of ever being completed.

So keep feeding the monkey or you get nothing.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
norbot

Quote:
Yes, even a facility manager is a manager. In Germany janitors call themselves "facility manager" lately...

Last edited by norbot; 11-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread