DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The High.lua in 1.2.1 is now identical to the mod you were using, so no need for that anymore ;)

As for the auto updater, it'll place any mods into a backup folder within the DCS directory (ie backup001) so nothing gets deleted by patching, the user then has the choice (at his or her own risk) of copying the modded files back into their respective folders if they wish.

Thanks for the explanation :thumbup:

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

don't know 6 hour download and the health bar for utorrent states is very low.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

SEED!!!!!:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Oh god.. its gonna take me a month to get all my setting / mods / tweaks sorted out again. (I need to sort out a system to make this easier in the future.)

Deleting the saved games folder is advised... arrgghhh. :fear:

:P

Thanks ED.

SEED!!!!!:thumbup:

indeed.. eta for me is 1 year 4 weeks! lol

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Installing now....THX ED :thumbup:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

The High.lua in 1.2.1 is now identical to the mod you were using, so no need for that anymore ;)

As for the auto updater, it'll place any mods into a backup folder within the DCS directory (ie backup001) so nothing gets deleted by patching, the user then has the choice (at his or her own risk) of copying the modded files back into their respective folders if they wish.

Does the auto-update function occur automatically every time you start up DCS World? Or does the user have to select the update option from within DCS? I hope the latter, as the former would get very tedious to constantly have to copy the modded files in 'backup001' back into the DCS folder.

Thanks ED for the patch!

Now here are my questions.

1-Do you uninstall the modules first?

2-When you uninstall and reinstall the world, do you loose all your config files that you did

in terms of multiple monitor config, display config, KA-50 trim config etc etc...

Speed is life !!!

It checks once a day, and if there is one available, it will ask you first before updating.

Nate

Please tell me someone thought to put an off switch on it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmmm OK is anybody else seeing this too?

Nate

yep... I deleted DCS:World 1.2.0 folder, installed 1.2.1 and 1 activation went

5 left and this machine is the only one I have DCS installed on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

No JTAC for the KA-50 implemented on native version?

Will be a feature in V1.2.2 :thumbup:

But in the meantime just press RShift+P....

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

It asks you before doing anything. What's the problem?

Nate

I prefer it to be an option that I can turn off, which is the way most software with that option works. Is it going to 'hang' if there is no internet connection? What if I want to DL but not install? Is that an option?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I prefer it to be an option that I can turn off, which is the way most software with that option works. Is it going to 'hang' if there is no internet connection? What if I want to DL but not install? Is that an option?

No internet - DCS will just start. No option to DL and not install, sorry.

Nate

A few more goodies to check for in 1.2.1:

improved .50 cal tracer effects

improved bullet impact effects on terrain

improved sky lighting/colour effects and sun

Could you post some screens please, especially lighting color effects/sun?

My gaming rig power source blew up....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]