CASE 3 CV-1 Approach chart

Kola360

You guys are going to faint the first time the ship turns while you are on final-

Your perfectly aligned localizer needle hits the side of the screen, followed by "new final bearing, 324..." All that work for nothing.

It would be nice to have the ship turn automatically with dynamic weather set and to really mess us up throw in some real bad pitching decks in for multiple go rounds and refueling in between.:cry:

Man in this situation you would feel like you're going to be stuck up there all night, that would be very hard to keep and stay "on the ball" focused.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

That's CASE II.

It's both. Page 2-23:

Holding. The Case III marshal holding pattern is identical to Case II. During Case III recoveries, aircraft will commence from the Marshal stack and fly the CV-1 Approach.

The only situation in which a radial is established relative to FB in the P-816 is in Emergencies, page 2-20.

BUT check these pictures out. Even the P-816 has a discrepancy with this, which I just noticed.

First it says the CASE III holding pattern is identical to CASE II, which says the holding fix is relative to the BRC. Then in a Case III chart on a later page (2-24) it shows the holding fix as being relative to the FB.

Edited by Nealius

On 10th viewing there's no discrepancy. The marshal fix can be on any radial while the CV-1 course is FB-180 no ifs ands or buts. So the CNATRA doc states in passing "wouldn't it be keen if your particular holding fix today was on the BRC-180 radial?" It just says it would be ideal, preferable. It doesn't say that it will or must or should be and it certainly doesn't say that the CV-1 approach course is anything but what is written.

It's an unusual statement for such a document. Normally it might express that idea as "The easiest holding fix is that which is on the radial 180 from BRC." Basically you should ignore that statement about "ideally" maybe you get held on BRC-180 or maybe you don't.

What's weird about the CV-1 approach is that you don't necessarily fly it as drawn on the chart. You depart your holding fix along your instructed holding radial until 20 DME and then you jog over to the approach radial by 10 DME. Except in the case where your hold radial and approach radial are the same, you don't fly the dotted line. You merge onto it. That (IAF) many miles out along the FB? You don't necessarily fly through it.

I wonder if there's a novel way to illustrate the CV-1 approach that better depicts this transition from an arbitrary holding radial inbound which doesn't cause confusion by suggesting a flight path that isn't the one to be flown.

Watching

back it looked like he was following BRC, in a way he almost was, well out by that 6 degrees editor variation true north thing. It's caught me out a few times setting up a mission.

Hi!

There is a rule in all aviation : what is WRITTEN is true, what is SAID is magnetic (including of course the instruments in the aircraft)... therefore, maps are ALWAYS true (with the proper deviation indicated in the legend). On the other hand, if you listen to the ATIS before taking off (I mean IRL), the weather described is SAID therefore magnetic (contrarily to the weather in the METARs which is WRITTEN therefore TRUE).thumbup.gif

The ship's BRC was set to 009 offset for landing at 360, in game that's only 3 degrees offset.

As you can see here with the TACAN line vs ICLS approach course.

attachment.php?attachmentid=190941&stc=1&d=1532867075

caseIII_magnetic_v.jpg.0f268b70ccf000cf4224a88a1b7a9bc4.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 1 month later...

Version 3 is done

I've not had much time because of my basic miltary training, but now i finally finished this updated version. Eventually a CASE 2 version will be made.

Ive moved the highlighted patterns to an offset of 15 degrees and added some clarity over how the aircraft should be configured in the Wave off/Bolter pattern.

iHkgt3n.png

Edited by Kola360

• 3 weeks later...

mini script for SP or MP mission for a case III landing

hi all

here a little basic ATME script for getting information in flight in SP or MP mission for a case III landing, usable easily in all your missions.

two version of exemple mission joined FR and EN

once on a 50 Nm range, a new radio F10 menu is available to get information on

- boat course

- RWY heading

- wind

- temperature and pressure

once too far away, radio menu is disabled.

nice to set correctly a TCN course,before a blind ILS approach and landing. works for AV8 also and Tarawa.

updated with magnetic correction regarding the actual Map played for CRS magnetic heading

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3628567&postcount=41

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

How install yous. lua file?

Default mini script for SP or MP mission for a case III landing

Thinks:music_whistling:

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog