Chuck's F-5E3 Tiger II Guide

Charly_Owl

The question should be: are you supposed to turn that aileron limiter off during flight? Was it used by pilots at all? Because a switch is there doesn't mean it should necessarily be used... it could be an emergency switch for all we know.

The way I understand it is that the pilots have to use more force to move the stick all the way to the left / right. On force feedback sticks you can do this as mentioned. I don't think the button does exist in the real aircraft - but in order to allow simmers without a force feedback stick to access the full maneuver-range they implementet it. As I understand it, the button is just a work around in order to move the stick in it's full range.

Edited by Coder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find me on stackexchange or GitHub

Great work as always.

I don't have this module but I'll read it with a high pleasure. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The question should be: are you supposed to turn that aileron limiter off during flight? Was it used by pilots at all? Because a switch is there doesn't mean it should necessarily be used... it could be an emergency switch for all we know.

The way I understand it is that the pilots have to use more force to move the stick all the way to the left / right. On force feedback sticks you can do this as mentioned. I don't think the button does exist in the real aircraft - but in order to allow simmers without a force feedback stick to access the full maneuver-range they implementet it. As I understand it, the button is just a work around in order to move the stick in it's full range.

As Coder replied, it seems to be a workaround in the module for non-FFB sticks.

In the real aircraft you just need to excert extra force on the stick to exceed the limiter.

I checked the real F-5E flight manual and the function is there for use in stall recovery and in emergencies.

The limiter is there to protect the aircraft against g-overload in "normal" maneuvering conditions.

I guess if you need to pull off an extra violent maneuver, and know you won't overload too much, you would override the limiter.

And especially for stall recovery of course. :)

Since the real aircraft limiter is so easy to override, I think for non-FFB stick users it should be mapped for easy access too.

I hope Belsimtek will put their implementation of it clearer in their manual as well.

Edited by Sporg
  • Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Hi Chuck,

DCS F-5E3 Tiger II, Excellent work as always!

Thank you very much indeed!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

AS always Great job!!!:thumbup::joystick::book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thanks once again Chuck.

You're a star :thumbup:

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Fixed a number of typos, corrected a few mistakes, updated the controls, added a section on the Aileron Deflection Limiter, added a part on the TACAN frequencies and the FAST ERECT button.

I apologize for the few mistakes that slip by... Feel free to let me know if you find others.

...I apologize for the few mistakes that slip by... Feel free to let me know if you find others.

No need to apologize, mate, glad to see you're human after all. ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Damn, Charly, I've not even finished reading version 1 and youve already updated it, that is very impressive.

Thankyou, love your guides.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thank you, again, Mr. Owl :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hey Chuck,

Once again you are the best !!!!

A great great thanks for this news manual.

Awesome job +1

Fixed a number of typos, corrected a few mistakes, updated the controls, added a section on the Aileron Deflection Limiter, added a part on the TACAN frequencies and the FAST ERECT button.

Thanks, very nice. :)

And a good explanation of the limiter, now people have a chance to know what it is.

Thanks for putting that in also. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Quick Question:

There is reference to stop a missile from locking by uncaging it in the quick guide.

I though Uncaging Aim9s was done to have them look for heat signature (and not only the radar) for quicker heat acquisition on release.

What's up?

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

• 2 weeks later...

looking forward to digging into this, but had a quick question: page 45 and 46 both are titled "AIR to AIR AIM-9 MISSILE - MSL MODE" and have instructions 1-12. is this supposed to be like this or is it a "bug"?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

looking forward to digging into this, but had a quick question: page 45 and 46 both are titled "AIR to AIR AIM-9 MISSILE - MSL MODE" and have instructions 1-12. is this supposed to be like this or is it a "bug"?

I think it's supposed to be like this... not enough room to fit every picture on the same page.

I think it's supposed to be like this... not enough room to fit every picture on the same page.

gotcha. one more question! the guide states that when there is a missile lock, "Missile will have

a solid IR lock when the missile growls"

i've tended to notice it's the opposite, it gets sort of quieter.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 2 weeks later...