DCS 2.0 and NTTR Alpha... is it free for now?

JazonXD

Since NTTR is open Alpha release right now, is it free to everyone or do I still have to purchase it to try the Alpha? Thanks. (Sorry for super dumb question)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

No such thing as a dumb question. NTTR is not free, and would need to be purchased. Unless you were one of the early A-10C Beta testers that are getting it for their efforts, in which case you would probably already be aware of that.

No reason to try the Alpha as it is currently as it only supports the new NTTR map - eventually at some point the Georgian map will be merged into it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Okay, thanks everyone. I would buy it but I already spend a hefty $20+ on A-10C just about two weeks ago. This may not be a lot but it's a lot to me. Thanks for the answers once again.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Okay, thanks everyone. I would buy it but I already spend a hefty $20+ on A-10C just about two weeks ago. This may not be a lot but it's a lot to me. Thanks for the answers once again.

:thumbup:

Hey if it is a lot to you, then it is a lot. I am sure there are many that would consider the same.

Keep an eye out , perhaps they will run a sale before too long down the road - the map is beautiful indeed.

In the meantime, while you can not run it today, you can still go ahead and download the 2.0 Alpha and install your modules into it. At least you will have many of the files when they do eventually merge.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In the meantime, while you can not run it today, you can still go ahead and download the 2.0 Alpha and install your modules into it. At least you will have many of the files when they do eventually merge.

Chances are the merge will occur in OpenBeta, then in Release.

I wouldn't go for downloading OpenAlpha if no NTTR owned.

spacer.png

I hope I may hi-jack this thread, as it is slightly related.

Out of curiosity I went to the store page to see what it says about NTTR and I notice that I have a "buy" button. I was a DCS A10 Beta customer.

Does it look that too for you guys who bought DCS:A10 beta?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Most of us here feel your pain. If we were all rich......we wouldn't be here flying virtual aircraft. 1.5 is a lot of fun too. I still fly it all the time. More servers on the internet too.

Out of curiosity I went to the store page to see what it says about NTTR and I notice that I have a "buy" button. I was a DCS A10 Beta customer.

Only A-10C Beta buyers to a specific date have the map for free.

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Are you logged in with the same account you purchased the A10?

If you bought the A10C before February 21st, 2011, you should see a "Get my serial" message on the nevada store page.

If not, please contact support:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

• Like 1

If you bought the A10C before February 21st, 2011, you should see a "Get my serial" message on the nevada store page.

Should be, but there was that whole thing where they unified user names for the store /forum (...iirc) a while ago.

If I look at my purchase date for my A10 order it was 10/31/10. Hmm, so perhaps I should fire off a support email.

Thanks

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

QqRRiUI.jpg

As far as I remember, the in-game Manager was only giving me the option to buy.. I'll double check after work.

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Please see: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153624

Thanks, I see the serial. False alarm.

Cheers