Any mods/workarounds to make the AI better.

JG-1_Vogel

I've flown a fair few sims in my time, and to date DCS possibly has the worst I've ever known. It's been some time since I flew ANYTHING offline, normally I'm hanging around the 159th Dedi looking for something to embed a few GAU-8 rounds into however tonight I thought I'd try the "In the Weeds" mission.

So we're flying to the target area, a SA-8/9 (can't remember exactly) fires a missile at my wingman because for some inexplicable reason he doesn't want to fly low like we have to. His initial response, instead of jinking slightly and evading the missile (which was fired at about RMAX I believe) he dumps his entire mission payload.

Then I get sniped by a BTR from close to TWO MILES with it's machine gun. Instantly knocks out my CICU so I'm blind as a bat after taking only two/three rounds (although the external damage looks like a bloody blast fragmentation warhead exploded just off my port side).

So then I RTB and have the usual issues with being unable to request landing clearance despite being on short finals only a couple miles from the runway threshold.

Suffice to say it's extremely unlikely I'll be touching offline play any time soon again. How can ED be selling campaigns as paid for DLC given the AI in general is this bad? Compared to Falcon 4.0 which pre dates this game by MANY years has AI infinitely better than this one it's something which should be embarrassing to ED.

We have hugely complex weapons systems and avoinics, top notch flight modelling but without working AI/ATC it's all for nothing if you can't find a real person to fly CO-OP online with.

I live in a different timezone so MP is rarely populated. Even if it is populated, getting into a good MP game takes time. Many times I just want to mess around for 30 minutes before dinner or the kid wakes up. Therefore SP and AI is extremely important to me. I imagine it's very important to many people playing this game.

I would much rather have better AI than any new modules first. Better AI let's me enjoy all my modules much more. A-10s getting sniped by MGs from miles away...wingmen being totally useless...planes unable to land themselves. All big problems that everyone of my modules deal with.

The AI needs work yes. I think the problem is that the core of DCS World is outdated. So much has been added, but the foundation hasn't been given enough attention. ED's attempt to fix this seems to start with EDGE/DCS 2.0.

Unfortunately, they aren't/can't be very specific about what will come. From my own experience with Lock On, I'm pretty confident that ED can get things right. I'm willing to wait and see what DCS 2 brings to the table.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team

So you arent really offering anything new, but taking the opportunity to point out reported problems? ED is currently working on a number of AI fixes for 2.0. If you have any AI bugs you would like to report that you dont think have been reported already, feel free to start a new thread, but try a more constructive tone next time please.

I've flown a fair few sims in my time, and to date DCS possibly has the worst I've ever known. It's been some time since I flew ANYTHING offline, normally I'm hanging around the 159th Dedi looking for something to embed a few GAU-8 rounds into however tonight I thought I'd try the "In the Weeds" mission.

So we're flying to the target area, a SA-8/9 (can't remember exactly) fires a missile at my wingman because for some inexplicable reason he doesn't want to fly low like we have to. His initial response, instead of jinking slightly and evading the missile (which was fired at about RMAX I believe) he dumps his entire mission payload.

Then I get sniped by a BTR from close to TWO MILES with it's machine gun. Instantly knocks out my CICU so I'm blind as a bat after taking only two/three rounds (although the external damage looks like a bloody blast fragmentation warhead exploded just off my port side).

So then I RTB and have the usual issues with being unable to request landing clearance despite being on short finals only a couple miles from the runway threshold.

Suffice to say it's extremely unlikely I'll be touching offline play any time soon again. How can ED be selling campaigns as paid for DLC given the AI in general is this bad? Compared to Falcon 4.0 which pre dates this game by MANY years has AI infinitely better than this one it's something which should be embarrassing to ED.

We have hugely complex weapons systems and avoinics, top notch flight modelling but without working AI/ATC it's all for nothing if you can't find a real person to fly CO-OP online with.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png