HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations

borchi_2b

Hi everybody,

at first we want to wish you all a merry christmas and we decided, since we are working alot, to give you guys another update at christmas.

At the moment we are preparing alot of stuff in the background and made our plans for 2015 allready.

So here is our christmas gift to you guys, which means we make it official now that we are not only working on helos like the the bo105pah, no we are also working on other stuff in the background too.

I hope you guys like the pictures we provide here.

We hope to give you guys new updates every month on each Project, even on this one, but as allways, there is alot to do with the 2 main projects at the moment, so do not expect regular updates on this project at the moment. Not long from now you will see more though, promised!

So merry christmas to all of you once more

1115557296_ss(2014-12-25at07_35.01).thumb.jpg.be0e7785f80929b84cec9fefdc32e2da.jpg

1787017213_ss(2014-12-25at07_35.52).thumb.jpg.607483d0afc857ef41bb5e643e49eef5.jpg

1817007349_ss(2014-12-25at07_36.45).thumb.jpg.e1d8d696ad71057611f67ebca00e528c.jpg

1760329069_ss(2014-12-25at07_37.59).thumb.png.7d439953b06303113508ced5c7fff35b.png

1022617263_ss(2014-12-25at07_39.23).thumb.jpg.fdae56981db90260c76b50c8f1f1818d.jpg

• Like 2

i hate you guys......

...or my wife does, dont know.....

...or my wallet....

anyway, nice to see, how close to the real thing can you actualy go?

regards and looking foward to this,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

This plane is a beauty but can it be made to a DCS standard?

I wish you had set your eyes on an Anton from FW factory. Or a G2...

But... good luck with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

As allways we will try our best. But how I stated we are focused on 2 other projects at the moment alot, so this one is running as 3rd very slow and just step by step as soon we have some spare time.

About the details, well I myself have found some stuff that should or could help to get this bird as close to real as possible.

What is for sure, this was maybe the most advanced plane during WW2

cheers

Woot! looking good! bring on the Horten. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Good luck with this project, I like it very much especially because we can check by ourselves the german tehnology of that era, technology which appears years later as american inventions :D

Technically the Americans had a flying wing as well in the 30's and 40's and when the b2 spirit was made they used more tech from the American flying wings then the German ones

Pman

Oooh, interesting project.

Curious about the choice of the V4 though, as afaik that was nothing more than a plan and a partially built frame, whereas a v3 was nearly complete (engines and all) and studied quite well. IIRC one of the big museums in the USA is currently restoring the sole surviving one to static display.

Edited by Buzzles

Well as far I know the V4 was planed as the first weapon equipped one. I have in my documents a cockpit layout that includes the ammo counter, so well I hope we can get as close to the real thing as it can get.

Although the v4+ never flew, in basic we can get super close to a real v4+ what it would have been.

I need to get in contact with some professionals of that time soon too, so lets see what support we can get the upcoming year for this project.

Since we are stuck in 2 other projects, which I hope will be released in the near future, WHICH IS NOT DEFINED YET, it is hard to say when this bird will eventually go into the first real testflights in this sim. I personally hope that this will happen during 2015, but we will see.

cheers

We'll know youve done it right by the metric sh#! ton of fineness its gona take to get, and keep that thing aloft lol!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Nice one!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

"I want to create something exotic!" Is that the opening line of your meeting? :D

Beautiful! Freaking beautiful. I don't care if it's plausible or doesn't exist or never made it to mass production. Tell me it powered by alien technologies and I'm cool. I like it when people think differently. I hardly want to get excited with the usual lot of conventional aircraft announced by 3rd parties. They're all nice and, unfortunately, unassuming.

Good luck!

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Would be very interesting to see such a plane made with the DCS-style PFM (Professional Flight Model) and how it would handle in the virtual skies. Would definitely buy!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice!

But i'm not sure if this aircraft has a place in online WW2 pvp matches.

Even in IL-1946 was hard for it to find a place. It was the fastest plane and very powerful, 2 30mm canons (mk103 not grenade launchers like mk108 on bf109k4) and one inside bomb of 1000 kilos and it was a dream multipurpose fighter. This combined with the flight model which was and still is (possible forever will be this way) anyone's guess... it was very frustrating for enemy.

I don't want to be misunderstood, it is a dream plane for me too... but I don't see it as a start up module for DCS. If it will be modeled close to reality it will be a real pain to be kept in the air and fighting its supposed enemies, Mustangs and P47s will be a turkey shot. Placing it against after war jets is pointless as it is just a prototype plane... very good only on paper and only against its inferior enemies of its year. Any Mig15/Sabre will eat it alive.

It is one of my dream planes but its existence in DCS is a bit pointless to me if developing costs are taken into consideration. Otherwise I would love one now in DCS if it will just pop into existence :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least