DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #21
recofsky_sergio

OK Perfect, but you can be programmed a key combination?
recofsky_sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #22
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by recofsky_sergio View Post
OK Perfect, but you can be programmed a key combination?
Currently its just a single key or joystick button. I will be looking at making it possible to have a modifier and a button but that will take time

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #23
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

New Release - Version v1.0.5.0

Change Log:
  • Changed Look and Feel of Connect window
  • Added new Settings Panel
  • Able to configure which radio goes to which audio channel on the fly, changes take effect immediately
  • Added experimental Radio Effects
  • Changed CA / Ground Commander to have 2 VHF/UHF Radios with a greater range
  • Increased CA / Ground Commander FM Range Max to 76
  • Changed Mirage to use Hotkeys rather than in-cockpit radio selector (it has HOTAS controls) - Same as Gazelle, A10C and all FC3

The UI of the connect window is still pretty ugly but you don't to look at it long...

If you have v1.0.3.0 or newer it should prompt you about the update when you open the client or server. To Update just download the latest version, extract all the files from the zip and run the installer. You can also update manually by just replacing the LUA in the scripts folder and all the exe's where ever you put them.

I will try to work on getting the intercom for the L-39 working and some tutorial videos done next, I didn't get round to that this evening.

The radio effects haven't been well tested, so once they're turned on in the settings panel (off by default), please let me know how you find them!

Please let me know if the auto-update prompt works or if you have any issues!

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest

Manual Install Procedure
Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

Code:
local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])
If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 07-03-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
Sim Flyer

Is any of the big / dedicated servers (104th, open conflict, VA, TAW) running this mod. Would love to try and test it on a large open server and see how it works there.

Maybe we could make a list of the servers using this and IP for the radio servers?
Sim Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #25
Tarres

Thanks!
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #26
HiJack
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Flyer View Post
Is any of the big / dedicated servers (104th, open conflict, VA, TAW) running this mod. Would love to try and test it on a large open server and see how it works there.

Maybe we could make a list of the servers using this and IP for the radio servers?
Yes, TAW have set up Simple Radio to be used when you play on our public servers. Set IP address in Simple Radio to 37.59.10.136. Have fun!

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #27
HiJack
Veteran

Ciribob, have you planned any moderator access to the voice server for kicking abusive players? Ban of accounts? Password protected login? The current open profile will be a problem in the longer term.

EDIT: Actually the best would be to limit the radio to a Teamspeak server address so users must be in the TS server. That way we can use the banning/kicking in the TS as means of moderation.

Spoiler:

Windows 7 64-bit

Last edited by HiJack; 07-04-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #28
Sim Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJack View Post
Yes, TAW have set up Simple Radio to be used when you play on our public servers. Set IP address in Simple Radio to 37.59.10.136. Have fun!
Does this one work for all the servers (i suppose you will have a problem with people talking to each other across different servers?) or is this ip specifically bound to a single server, in that case which server is it bound to?
Sim Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #29
HiJack
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Flyer View Post
Does this one work for all the servers (i suppose you will have a problem with people talking to each other across different servers?) or is this ip specifically bound to a single server, in that case which server is it bound to?
You need to be connected to the same DCS mission to communicate but it is very free regarding where the user connects from. Players may be sitting home without connecting to TS as far as I know and that will be a problem I believe. So I guess some TS plugin must be used to get player/IP or some means of access restriction. We will need to moderate users on systems like these on the same way as TS moderation. But for this radio mod I believe the simplest way to create a moderation system is to use TS system that already is there.

EDIT: But yes, you can connect to any server actually but the players must use the same SimpleRadio server and be in the same DCS Mission. But they can sit wherever and don't need to access Teamspeak (at this point). That opens up problems with "ghosting" and we don't want that, do we?

Spoiler:

Windows 7 64-bit

Last edited by HiJack; 07-04-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #30
Coxy_99

They could abuse it however would they not have to be on the same frequency which could be anything? good point tho.
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote