DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 181 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #1801
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
OK, thanks. It is nice to know this LOS feature is more than a 0/1 logic and you do take into account the Fresnel effect. I guess we have to run a specific test session for this. The environment of our last mission was not very favorable to radio transmissions as we had to fly deep and low to avoid being shot by the Osa units sitting on top of some mountains.
No worries

Not sure of the easiest way to test really, I guess side by recordings with Comms and a TacView?

I've tested by simulating the values but I'd really appreciate any pilot input as I've just done it on gut feeling really as I can't find any hard numbers.

I did used to work in radio transmissions for internet, and radios are really a black art. They never go where you'd expect! You can get some amazing unexpected reflections but simulating that is a step too far

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #1802
Wingmate

Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

Code:
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested
I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Josh
Wingmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #1803
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmate View Post
Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

Code:
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested
I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Josh
The error is that the server port is in use, so something else is already on 5002 or 5003

Try editing the server.cfg file and picking a higher port like 5012 and trying again

If you use 5012 you also need to open 5013 as SRS always uses two ports, one above the one set in the cfg file and the one set in the cfg file

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #1804
Wingmate

That worked.

Thank you very much.
-Josh
Wingmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #1805
pepin1234

I cant make SR work. I use it with FC3 aircrafts and SR radio stay always in unkown with non Freq shown. I erased all the .lua were not SR related, I erased the line of SR in export.lua, then made a clean install. I never got SR work. I was connected to a server with the same version, the last one.

This work for FC3?
Old 01-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #1806
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
I cant make SR work. I use it with FC3 aircrafts and SR radio stay always in unkown with non Freq shown. I erased all the .lua were not SR related, I erased the line of SR in export.lua, then made a clean install. I never got SR work. I was connected to a server with the same version, the last one.

This work for FC3?
Backup your export.lua and then delete it from saved games. It sounds like you have other stuff in your export which might conflict so try it reinstall from a clean slate and it'll work.

You can then add back in your other exports and see which one breaks it.

If you have aries, tars or any other radio mod installed it'll conflict.

Post your export.lua here and all the other info listed in the sticky and I can help you faster https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Old 01-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #1807
JackHammer89

I have a weird problem where since installing a steam link and controller to my TV in the next room the default capture device in SRS defaults to "steam mic", and I have to switch it over to my usb 2 mic. I've returned the usb2 as my defulat recording device in Windows 10, but SRS auto selects the steam one when opened. Anyone got any idea how to get round this minor annoyance?
JackHammer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #1808
Shadow KT

Having a weird issue right now

Since today, I cannot open the radio overlay. I click on it and it does show up as a window on the taskbar, but it is invisible.

You know how when you hover or active windows in the taskbar it displays them on top with everything else hidden ? Well when I do that, nothing is shown. In the preview window I can see that it read 000 on the radios.

The AWACS/GCI Panel works fine, or at least it shows up.

Any ideas ?

I'll try to re-install it.

P.S: I did a re-install and it works for now. I was looking for the Overlay reset option, but I guess I was blind the first time around....

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Last edited by Shadow KT; 01-23-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #1809
Gizzy

Its a windows thing...
  1. In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
  2. Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.
Hope this helps....
Gizzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #1810
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Its a windows thing...
  1. In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
  2. Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.
Hope this helps....
Or go to settings in SR and choose reset overlay, he thought of everything...

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote