Worst game performance after last OB update?

I'm actually getting the game running perfectly smoothly...and then freezing for 20-30sec. Sound carries on and when it unfreezes everything works fine for another 3-5 minutes. Then it repeats. Oh, and the CPU fan goes up to full chat while it's frozen, then drops back to virtually silent again.

This is on Ka-50, which is the only thing I currently fly.

PC is an i7 with 16Gb, 2x512Gb SSD, Nvidia 1070GTX. Nothing else running except the Saitex stick programmer in the background, which hasn't changed.

Edited by Blackjack_UK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

I'm actually getting the game running perfectly smoothly...and then freezing for 20-30sec. Sound carries on and when it unfreezes everything works fine for another 3-5 minutes. Then it repeats. Oh, and the CPU fan goes up to full chat while it's frozen, then drops back to virtually silent again.

This is on Ka-50, which is the only thing I currently fly.

PC is an i7 with 16Gb, 2x512Gb SSD, Nvidia 1070GTX. Nothing else running except the Saitex stick programmer in the background, which hasn't changed.

Could be your PageFile offloading or such.

Try 32GB if you can afford it, or get the PageFile on a fast drive, like SSD and maybe away from the DCS drive or OS drive, you sure have an I/O blockade somewhere and those are the usual fixes ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Could be your PageFile offloading or such.

Try 32GB if you can afford it, or get the PageFile on a fast drive, like SSD and maybe away from the DCS drive or OS drive, you sure have an I/O blockade somewhere and those are the usual fixes ;)

Thanks for that. All the internal drives are SSD already. I use a discrete 128Gb drive for the pagefile so it doesn't have to share resources with application or OS calls. It's also on its own SATA channel.

I can go to 32Gb, but I rather feel I shouldn't have to - before this update the game was running just fine. Now it isn't, and that's not right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

Thanks for that. All the internal drives are SSD already. I use a discrete 128Gb drive for the pagefile so it doesn't have to share resources with application or OS calls. It's also on its own SATA channel.

I can go to 32Gb, but I rather feel I shouldn't have to - before this update the game was running just fine. Now it isn't, and that's not right.

Oh well, you maxed it out already

Give 32 a chance, it should smoothen things and be the dot on your i.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X