Query - repair in hanger bug?

Bounder

I had an interesting experience on Burning Skies WW2 server yesterday and would like to query a possible bug I encountered on the Normandy map.

I landed a damaged Spitfire at a blue airfield, taxed and parked in a hangar and then went through a repair. Once the countdown finished and the repair cycle began, I was lifted through the ceiling of the hangar (I passed through it without collision). However, once the repair cycle finished I was unceremoniously dumped onto the now very solid roof of the hangar. See the attached video:

I have a track file but am unable to upload it with this post - I imagine it's because it's 89mb (it covers several flights). When I try to attach it I get the message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

I have tried re-creating this offline via the mission editor but I am struggling a little to damage the aircraft and get the ground crew to respond and carry out a repair.

Anyone else seen anything like this or able to test /recreate better than I?

Many thanks, Bounder.

PS: If nothing comes of it I hope it provides entertainment as it gave me a good laugh!

[edit] fixed spelling error, cheers.

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

I think someone posted this before, so it should be known to ED. Maybe it was in Nevada though, not sure. Anyway, one of the more amusing bugs. :)

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

When a Yank misspells hangar as hanger... oh well, that's kind of expected ;). When an aviation-oriented, native Brit (I presume) does it three times in a single paragraph, King George V and Brigadier-General Henderson are rolling in their graves :D.

On more serious note, though, the bug appeared and was first reported on Nevada map after 2.1.0 was out I believe. Don't know when it creeped to Normandy map, might as well been there from the beginning but nobody noticed it early. Not much we as users can do at this point, apart from rearming/refueling/repairing only on open aprons.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It's reported, almost two months ago;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189825

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

I had an interesting experience on Burning Skies WW2 server yesterday and would like to query a possible bug I encountered on the Normandy map.

I landed a damaged Spitfire at a blue airfield, taxed and parked in a hangar and then went through a repair. Once the countdown finished and the repair cycle began, I was lifted through the ceiling of the hangar (I passed through it without collision). However, once the repair cycle finished I was unceremoniously dumped onto the now very solid roof of the hangar. See the attached video:

I have a track file but am unable to upload it with this post - I imagine it's because it's 89mb (it covers several flights). When I try to attach it I get the message:

I have tried re-creating this offline via the mission editor but I am struggling a little to damage the aircraft and get the ground crew to respond and carry out a repair.

Anyone else seen anything like this or able to test /recreate better than I?

Many thanks, Bounder.

PS: If nothing comes of it I hope it provides entertainment as it gave me a good laugh!

[edit] fixed spelling error, cheers.

Yes, definitely had a good laugh :megalol:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Happened to me last night as i Demo'd Normandy to a friend. Good for a few chuckles indeed...

I always did wonder... why does the plane elevate during repair anyway?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

It's kind of funny. I had this happen to me in 1.5.7 sp. I landed my M-2000C, went into a hanger, called for a repair and the same thing happened. I was dumped on top of the hanger and promptly rolled off and damaged the plane once again when I hit the ground. :P The ground crew had to be mad at me. :lol:

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X