Capt Zeen MI-8MTV2 Helios Profile ! ! !

Hello all !

At least! i finished it !

DCS 1.5 and DCS 1.2.16 Compatible

Several month ago, I start the project, width the goal to make a profile for MI-8, width full cockpit implementation, instruments, lamps, switches, and everything syncronized between Helios and DCS.

The big problems for that was the lack of interfaces in Helios. At the moment, Helios only support A10C, KA50, and a simplified FC interface, so, implement new aircrafts is not easy.

My first idea was to create a MI-8 interface for Helios, giving support to that helo, but thats means learn how interfaces works in Helios, and then create a new compilation of the program, and for that i need support from Gadroc.

So, my final solution was to send all the data from the cockpit across the FC interface. Thats solve the input side in Helios, and the output part was solved creating a complete keyboard configuration, prepared to work from Helios.

The resoult is a fully functional MI-8 profile, width all the data from the cockpit and full clickable and syncronized from Helios. In other words, same funtionality as KA50 and A10C profiles.

This time, i created, aswell, a program to convert the profiles to diferent international keyboards. Now this operation only take me some seconds, before this taked me days! So for this one you have ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH, ITALIAN, GERMAN and for the first time, RUSSIAN keyboards !

I implemented, too, all the new improvement Belsintec did on the MI-8 for DCS 1.5

for this profile i exported all the instruments, lamps, selectors, switches and levers in the cockpit, the collective and the rotor brake.

Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

Hope you like it !

You can get it in my site:

http://captzeen.com/helios

EDIT:

New default.lua for the MI-8 profile !!

10/Aug/2016

Lasts changes and improvements on the MI-8 module, changed the original default.lua, so i prepared a new one, with all the new changes and the keys definitions for my profile. You can get it from the download section on my site !

vy3VNV2.jpg

HadyFyq.jpg

CU71J3b.jpg

s9ShfuF.jpg

FHjRKwZ.jpg

mHSXiBQ.jpg

1u4zHgW.jpg

FUQjAnE.jpg

Uutr0VS.jpg

jetXFgR.jpg

oABlRLm.jpg

6gq5rN8.jpg

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

Fantastic!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

After the last 1.5 update, the profile for mi-8 didn't work anymore. I looked in to it and I find the culprit in "Right Pitot Heater Test Button - Push to test" command line (it is actually the very last line!!! megalol.gif). I tried to find the problem/conflict but I didn't find anything wrong. Please look in to it to, maybe you'll find something. Every thing else is working perfect.

After the last 1.5 update, the profile for mi-8 didn't work anymore. I looked in to it and I find the culprit in "Right Pitot Heater Test Button - Push to test" command line (it is actually the very last line!!! megalol.gif). I tried to find the problem/conflict but I didn't find anything wrong. Please look in to it to, maybe you'll find something. Every thing else is working perfect.

I just updated the 1.5 to the last version and everything is working fine on the profile.

What exactly dont work on your configuration?

I notice there are new operative switches on the cockpit. i am going to implement those aswell.

Great Work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Damn, great job. Time to add the touchscreen back to my setup and get Helios working again. :)

I need to try this.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

The 'multi DCS module' purpose of my touch screen configuration is finally making sense thanks to you captain Zeen! Thank you so much. I can switch from Ka50 to Mi-8 effortlessly with a full cockpit for each without restarting DCS or even leaving the on going mission. I am living the dream!

Left seat:

SS1040706.JPG

Flight engineer seat:

SS1040708.JPG

Right seat:

SS1040709.JPG

And of course a quick 5 minutes video to showcase all this great work of yours

A million times again thank you for this amazing work!

• 9 months later...

New default.lua for the MI-8 profile !!

10/Aug/2016

Lasts changes and improvements on the MI-8 module, changed the original default.lua, so i prepared a new one, with all the new changes and the keys definitions for my profile. You can get it from the download section on my site !

• Like 1