DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hello Home Fries,

May be I'm wrong but I think I have found 2 little issues (I use HOTAS Cougar) I'd like to report

M-2000C :
The Radar Rng Disp Decr & Radar Rng Disp Incr don't seem to work anymore, pressing S3+H2L or S3+H2R as indicated in the Profile JPG document
It's not a drama as there is another way to increase/decrease radar range (eg. sliding the cursor on top/bottom edges of radar)

Mig-21Bis :
I use Vaicom and PTT (MSD) doesn't work (anymore ?). I guess it was working last time I (seriouly) used the Mig-21Bis (several years ago !).
Looking Vaicom, I see they map the radio on TX2 ... I suspect the MSD call TX1.

As workaround, I first set the PTT on Vaicom to SNGL ... but I found a topic explaining how to set a Conditional (if statement) in VoiceAttack.
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/254389-per-aircraft-ptt-buttons/
So, when current module is MiG-21Bis, when I press Button 20, it executes TX2. I simply hope it will continue to execute TX1 for my other modules 😓

vaicom_mig21.PNG

voiceattack1.PNG

Edited by Oiz0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.  I just updated to 2.720.  Is anyone having trouble with their TM mfd's?  In the Hornet, my mfd's are acting wonky.  The default mfd keypresses activate all kinds of stuff.  Seems like keypresses are cycling through every layer keypress, whether long or short, direct entry, or S3 pressed or not.  It's weird.  Also, I'm not sure which kb file to load.  I understand the difference between the N and R versions, but there are two files.  Same with the wh files(I have the warthog).  I've tried all combinations.  Anyone else having trouble?  Appreciate any ideas.  Thanks pilots.

Hey guy.  Think I might have figured it out.  It just takes a lot shorter button press than I was used to.  Just make sure I do a real short button press.  Seems to work.  Still not sure about what kb and wh files to use.  Thanks.

Edited by Chicki
More info

On 1/5/2024 at 1:49 PM, Oiz0 said:

Hello Home Fries,

May be I'm wrong but I think I have found 2 little issues (I use HOTAS Cougar) I'd like to report

M-2000C :
The Radar Rng Disp Decr & Radar Rng Disp Incr don't seem to work anymore, pressing S3+H2L or S3+H2R as indicated in the Profile JPG document
It's not a drama as there is another way to increase/decrease radar range (eg. sliding the cursor on top/bottom edges of radar)

Mig-21Bis :
I use Vaicom and PTT (MSD) doesn't work (anymore ?). I guess it was working last time I (seriouly) used the Mig-21Bis (several years ago !).
Looking Vaicom, I see they map the radio on TX2 ... I suspect the MSD call TX1.

As workaround, I first set the PTT on Vaicom to SNGL ... but I found a topic explaining how to set a Conditional (if statement) in VoiceAttack.
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/254389-per-aircraft-ptt-buttons/
So, when current module is MiG-21Bis, when I press Button 20, it executes TX2. I simply hope it will continue to execute TX1 for my other modules 😓

vaicom_mig21.PNG

voiceattack1.PNG

I'll take a look at the Mirage.  I haven't looked at the MiG-21 since VAICOM went freeware, so I'll take a look when I get an opportunity.  Thanks for the heads-up.  No promises; it may be something I need to fix in CTS 3.0.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:27 PM, Chicki said:

Hi guys.  I just updated to 2.720.  Is anyone having trouble with their TM mfd's?  In the Hornet, my mfd's are acting wonky.  The default mfd keypresses activate all kinds of stuff.  Seems like keypresses are cycling through every layer keypress, whether long or short, direct entry, or S3 pressed or not.  It's weird.  Also, I'm not sure which kb file to load.  I understand the difference between the N and R versions, but there are two files.  Same with the wh files(I have the warthog).  I've tried all combinations.  Anyone else having trouble?  Appreciate any ideas.  Thanks pilots.

Hey guy.  Think I might have figured it out.  It just takes a lot shorter button press than I was used to.  Just make sure I do a real short button press.  Seems to work.  Still not sure about what kb and wh files to use.  Thanks.

I responded to your PM, but I'll post the answer for everyone else's benefit.

I noticed on the hornet in particular that you need longer keypresses than the default 60ms to get something to register.  I actually increased the default keypress time for the F/A-18 in particular, though this is something you can adjust in CTS.  If you go to the F/A-18C section of the values page, you'll see Keypress Duration for F/A-18 and Delay between Keypresses for F/A-18.  These are set to 70 and 80ms respectively, and you can increase them by small amounts to work for your system.

Regarding the diff.lua files, the R/N for the kb file is for the orientation of the numeric keypad, where N is for Normal (789 on the top, 123 on the bottom) and R is for Reverse (123 on the top, 789 on the bottom like the UFC itself).  The rest of the files are for the specific controllers, e.g. WH for Warthog and HC for HOTAS Cougar.  The first 2 MFDs are applied to the TARGET profile integrated into the virtual controller.  The MFD3 diff.luas are for if you have a third MFD you can apply that to the individual controller in DCS (TARGET sees only the first 2 MFDs).  Remember that the controls menu is a spreadsheet, where the commands are the rows and the controllers are columns, and each controller gets its own assignments (and its own diff.lua).

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Home Fries,

Thank you for your response. Yes, it's minor issues.
I have a workaround for the Mig-21Bis, configuring VoiceAttack profile.
And for Mirage Radar range, it's easy to change the range, simply sliding the TDC on top/bottom edge of radar VTB

Just few others sugestions about M2000C and VR :

With M2000C, I have problem with antenna elevation sensibility
I use a HOTAS Cougar, and looks like Razbam has changed key/axis mapping of the Radar Antenna elevation
I think before (?), the antenna elevation was possible using an Axis, and as I remember it was progressive.
Something has changed ... Looks like it's no more possible to use axis and it has been replaced by 2 keys Radar Antenna DOWN/UP
With this new mapping, "Range Knob" is difficult to use and because it's All or Nothing. I must very quicky put the axis in center afeter activate one of the key with "Range Knob", to avoid large movements. But even doing that, it's very imprecise
I don't know if there is a way to ameliorate this, to be able to adjust "Range Knob" sensibility

I also use VR and it would be nice to map keys "toggle Zoom VR" and "Recenter VR Headset", may be using same keys as the /I TriggerZoom Toggle and TrackIRCenter (S3+S4), because when VR is activated, I think these functionalities are useless ?
I simply hope DCS will ameliorate Zoom VR because it not very good as it distords the view, but it's sometimes useful in VR to read the cockpit buttons text that are a little blured

Edited by Oiz0

Hello All,

Have been enjoying getting back into virtual piloting with DCS and thanks, Home Fries, for all the work that's making my new Warthog an even better addition to the toolbox.

I'm not clear on the recommended and current procedure to update CTS, particularly from inside the application, and am also struggling a bit with TrackIR center and pause execution.

I am running 2.710 from a December download from the Google drive.  Updated the version.txt to the version date stamped 12/27 but still getting the 'server not available' message for the VAF site

TrackIR profile has the center and pause functions mapped to Ctrl-Shift-F12 and c-s-F9 as specified.  TrackIR value set to '1' in CTS.  the b30-31-32 modifiers are properly added in DCS per the CTS manual.  I've been flogging the F-5E as my training a/c and am using v2.48 diff.lua's.  Getting inconsistent results on the pause and particularly un-pause.  Seems that S3-H1Right is un-pausing the TrackIR which is contrary to the 'Special Key Combinations' on the v2.48 mapping image.

Would appreciate some guidance; thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Motorpool said:

I am running 2.710 from a December download from the Google drive.  Updated the version.txt to the version date stamped 12/27 but still getting the 'server not available' message for the VAF site

Once you have downloaded version.txt (and the version in the OP of this thread is correct), be sure to put it in the CTS\DB folder.  You should be prompted to overwrite the original.  If this doesn't work, you can always reinstall.  As long as you install to the same location, it won't affect your custom profile settings.

2 hours ago, Motorpool said:

TrackIR profile has the center and pause functions mapped to Ctrl-Shift-F12 and c-s-F9 as specified.  TrackIR value set to '1' in CTS.  the b30-31-32 modifiers are properly added in DCS per the CTS manual.  I've been flogging the F-5E as my training a/c and am using v2.48 diff.lua's.  Getting inconsistent results on the pause and particularly un-pause.  Seems that S3-H1Right is un-pausing the TrackIR which is contrary to the 'Special Key Combinations' on the v2.48 mapping image.

Please upload your dcs_world.cts file so I may analyze it.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:06 PM, Home Fries said:

Once you have downloaded version.txt (and the version in the OP of this thread is correct), be sure to put it in the CTS\DB folder.  You should be prompted to overwrite the original.  If this doesn't work, you can always reinstall.  As long as you install to the same location, it won't affect your custom profile settings.

Please upload your dcs_world.cts file so I may analyze it.

Did you mean upload the dcs_world.tmc file?  Can't find a .cts file.

I did update successfully; did not realize there was a version.txt in both the CTS folder and the CTS\DB folder and I overwrote only the former.

Since updating and rebooting the PC  the TrackIR glitch I described will not repeat.  That said,  I did get into a state where Hat2 was taking me to external views in the F5 rather than Sight Mode and TMS.   This also has not repeated in 2 subsequent sessions.

My TrackIR is actually a V3 Pro from 2004 with the Vector upgrade (said I was getting back in to flight sims but I didn't say from how far back).

Thanks

On 1/29/2024 at 10:00 PM, Motorpool said:

Did you mean upload the dcs_world.tmc file?  Can't find a .cts file.

I did update successfully; did not realize there was a version.txt in both the CTS folder and the CTS\DB folder and I overwrote only the former.

Since updating and rebooting the PC  the TrackIR glitch I described will not repeat.  That said,  I did get into a state where Hat2 was taking me to external views in the F5 rather than Sight Mode and TMS.   This also has not repeated in 2 subsequent sessions.

My TrackIR is actually a V3 Pro from 2004 with the Vector upgrade (said I was getting back in to flight sims but I didn't say from how far back).

Thanks

Yes, the TMC file.  Sorry.

Also, sorry I took so long to get back.  I was away all last week.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Home Fries sorry to put this here but I cant reinstall CTS for Windows not online

I get this error at launch Compile Error: Identifier name expected in Common/dx+.tmh at line 61

Edited by Spud257

On 2/3/2024 at 8:47 PM, Motorpool said:

Are you planning to do an update around release date?

No promises.  I'm very near the stack limit of what TARGET will allow.  I'm hoping I can get one more module in before I put all my effort into CTS 3.0.

CTS For Windows (IL2)

Hi Home Fries, with the latest release of Target this now no longer works, I think its because of the button increase from 32 to 120 but I don't have the skills to fix it.

This is the error 

Compile Error: Identifier name expected in Common/dx+.tmh at line 61

Could you please let me know if you are still maintaining this or do I need to look for another solution.

Thanks

Guys reverting back to target TARGET_v3.0.21.910_rev1 fixes the problem.

Edited by Spud257
fix found

Hi Home Fries,

I think I have found a problem on Viggen Cougar profile

Airbrakes don't work fine. They almost don't move.

If it can help to figure out what is the cause , I reported you similar issue for AV-8B Harrier (8 October 2021 - page 79) and you solved it

Edited by Oiz0

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 12:52 PM, Spud257 said:

CTS For Windows (IL2)

Hi Home Fries, with the latest release of Target this now no longer works, I think its because of the button increase from 32 to 120 but I don't have the skills to fix it.

This is the error 

Compile Error: Identifier name expected in Common/dx+.tmh at line 61

Could you please let me know if you are still maintaining this or do I need to look for another solution.

Thanks

Guys reverting back to target TARGET_v3.0.21.910_rev1 fixes the problem.

Spud,

I was away for a while, and just saw this.  It's no doubt due to the new version of TARGET that allows up to 120 buttons.  This makes the DX+.tmh file redundant and likely incompatible.  I'll need to look at this, so please be patient.