Detents are coming

Sokol1_br

I hope they can be retrofitted. I just got my CM2 throttle 4 weeks ago.

i7-8700K, 32 GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Asus TUF RTX 3090, Samsung 960 Evo M.2 1 TB, WD Blue 4 TB, TrackIR 5, Virpil WarBRD-Base, Virpil Mongoos T50 CM2 Grip, Virpil Mongoos T-50 CM2 Throttle, Slaw Device RX Viper, LG 34GN850 @ 3440 x 1440

:-D

This looks really great. Would it fit the CM2 throttle as well?

i7-8700K, 32 GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Asus TUF RTX 3090, Samsung 960 Evo M.2 1 TB, WD Blue 4 TB, TrackIR 5, Virpil WarBRD-Base, Virpil Mongoos T50 CM2 Grip, Virpil Mongoos T-50 CM2 Throttle, Slaw Device RX Viper, LG 34GN850 @ 3440 x 1440

Perhaps the detents will be here to stay this time...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I hope they can be retrofitted. I just got my CM2 throttle 4 weeks ago.

That makes two of us!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I can’t say I miss the detents on my CM2 throttle. I use the virtual detent setup in the VPC software.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have the V1 Virpil throttle with the detents ..... disabled them after 2 weeks of use, unless you are flying one specific aircraft in DCS all the time they are a hinderence

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I feel the same. When I got my TM Warthog some years ago, I out the detent in, and after about a week, I took them out. About a year ago, I put them back to see if I was missing something, but, they came back out a few hours later.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

This looks really great. Would it fit the CM2 throttle as well?

No, unfortunately not.

But I have made other solutions for the CM2.

Here’s one with a lever operated idle lock and ball plungers for tactile feedback for an afterburner detent.

(The idle lock lever in this video was a bit small, so I re designed it. It’s larger in the parts files below)

Here’s a solution with ball plungers for both idle and afterburner detents or a version with a space sim center detent.

STL models are available here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pg2z496758mepcm/AACaHoSVSUUEI5EBgpzhwyzpa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3olr4ljao2q0p75/AABhkKE_43lsDHMbvhDzGV-3a?dl=0

I have plungers and screws and I can print the parts and send them to you.

Edited by Goblin

The detents on the Warthog throttle are not a hindrance to me because they can quickly be swapped out. I don't even have to use the detent cover and they stay and place. To each their own and every throttle has their strengths and weaknesses and even those strengths and weaknesses are largely opinions.

:clap_2::shocking:

Dear Virpil,

I'll celebrate a round number birthday and Christmas in December. My TWCS is asking to be replaced by something with much more controls since I switched to VR and accessing the keyboard is a pain.

Please be able to take orders and ship me by then :smilewink:

I may of course be wrong but that looks very much to me like a part that just clamps on to the throttle arms, similar to the project a few posts above. If so it should mean that the new part could be made available.

I certainly hope so as after all the waiting and huge expense for these devices I have now, to see them rendered second best so soon would be extremely frustrating.

I really want to buy a button box but would the same thing keep happening?

i9 10900X & 5700XT

VPC WarBRD, TM F18C, VPC Alpha, VPC T50CM2 Throttle, TM TFRP Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...

I'm using 3D printed detents for afterburner. Have gotten to used to using B3/B4 for idle and B7/B8 for cutoff. A retrofit would be worth considering, though.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 11 months later...
On 8/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Goblin said:

No, unfortunately not.

But I have made other solutions for the CM2.

Here’s one with a lever operated idle lock and ball plungers for tactile feedback for an afterburner detent.

(The idle lock lever in this video was a bit small, so I re designed it. It’s larger in the parts files below)

Here’s a solution with ball plungers for both idle and afterburner detents or a version with a space sim center detent.

STL models are available here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pg2z496758mepcm/AACaHoSVSUUEI5EBgpzhwyzpa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3olr4ljao2q0p75/AABhkKE_43lsDHMbvhDzGV-3a?dl=0

I have plungers and screws and I can print the parts and send them to you.

This is just perfect