Sling Load as internal load

Hi,

AFAIK - no, you can't.

Sling loads seem to be a special kind of objects, so DCS recognize them as such and allow you to hook them. And you can ONLY hook (then unhook) them, nothing else. Besides, these objects need 'animation' - when the hook is attaching, all of the sudden that 'harness' shows up (don't know the proper word for that).

On the other hand, if the cargo can go in the trunk, I most likely works by the powers of LUA voodoo magic written by a mission creator. I think it goes something like this: there's an object X put in the scenery (by the mission author). When the player lands nearby (trigger zone) and - possibly, not obligatory - uses F10 menu item (another trigger) that says: "Load that junk in her trunk", the object simply disappears from the world and your chopper's weight is (may be) artificially increased by XYZ pounds - by a script code. Something of that sort.

Two different things.

Makes any sense?

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Ok thanks for your help.

In that case, There is an option to load cargo or military equipment in the cargo compartment? There is a list for the units to load? I don’t think there are many stuff to load... the only thing came to my mind is mortars. I would like to know if there is option to load stuffs, as mortars or towed artillery? Realistically speaking.

I hate sling load. I don’t use often Lua mods. I use the Sim as original developers do things.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the player lands nearby (trigger zone) and - possibly, not obligatory - uses F10 menu item (another trigger) that says: "Load that junk in her trunk", the object simply disappears from the world and your chopper's weight is (may be) artificially increased by XYZ pounds - by a script code. Something of that sort.

I hate sling load. I don’t use often Lua mods. I use the Sim as original developers do things.

At least in single player, you don't need scripts for this.

You can just use mission triggers and F10 radio menu options for loading unloading and set_inernal_cargo weight as an option, doing some player message outputs to see what happens. Putting in 4000kg of freight, you feel the Mi-8 going down on it's landing gear (and see if viewed from external).

Regards

Jens

For MP you can use CTLD. You can load crates and troops. Crates can be set with different contents and unpacking them will result in different types of units deployed, whether artillery, Sams or other stuff. Not extremely realistic but that's the best we have in MP so far without the support of ED for these kind of things.

There's just now way in MP unfortunately to modify the helicopter weight in the way it's feasible in SP, or in any way for that matter

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

There's just now way in MP unfortunately to modify the helicopter weight in the way it's feasible in SP, or in any way for that matter

I prefer something like just add weight to the internal cargo and simulate a specific load. Crates are useful for a load that is too big for internal cargo. I have seen crates in Multiplayer that create a Sam battery with numerous launchers, radars etc. HonestlyI hate this kind of simulation. I have seen helicopters creating an imbalance situation in about 40 minutes doing so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not the case since a few updates ago.

I have submitted code to the CTLD github to model the weight of troops in CTLD.

It works perfectly.

The function is:

setUnitInternalCargo(<String>unit, <int> weight)

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/