Buttkicker Gamer 2 Advice

Anyone using this, is it worth it for DCS or any better alternatives.

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

as far as I know, buttkicker is a single vibrator. Very powerful. So you need a decent place for the thing to tranfer that energy to your body without fading the effect.

It´s very good for single, massive, rumbling effects, such as:

- engine

- afterburner

- flares

- touchdown

- guns

- dropping stores/weapons in pairs

However it lacks detail for important things, such as:

- side G loads

- dropping stores/weapons in single or side mounted weapons (Huey gunners, for example)

- acumulating effects

Last one is important. With the BK being a single unit, once it vibrates when you, for instance, are going 100% thrust rolling down a runway, you will have several effects demanding their rate at the same time:

- ground roll

- ground bumps

- engine

- sometimes afterburner

That makes all the effects "merge" into a single vibration.

The very same if you are flaps out when dogfighting, in full burner, under G loads, and shooting. Your ass can´t separate the effects.

You could add more BK, more bass shaker standalone units or buying a jetseat/realteus seat pad which each includes 8 smaller vibrators.

If money is not an issue, you can combine all. The more vibrators, the better.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

And answering your direct question, yes it is worth.

I fly with a vibrating pad. When testing missions, I launched without the pad and the sim feels terribly lacking.

Any kind of vibration adds up a lot of inmersion. No way Im flying without it ;)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thank you just the answer I was after. Just looked at realteus but seems a lot of issues with delivery and communication. Jetseat looks like it may be a winner.

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

Thank you just the answer I was after. Just looked at realteus but seems a lot of issues with delivery and communication. Jetseat looks like it may be a winner.

:thumbup::thumbup: get your ass ready to shake

I've had the buttkicker for a few months and I love the thing. I've got it attached to the bottom of my "gaming" chair and coupled with VR it is incredibly immersive. The rumble actually went out on me briefly last night due to a software issue that I was having and sucked the immersion right out of the game for me. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if this were to ever give up the ghost.

You'll probably also want to buy simshaker for aviators software so you can make adjustments to the different systems in each aircraft. Well worth the small price for the software in my opinion.

I've had the buttkicker for a few months and I love the thing. I've got it attached to the bottom of my "gaming" chair and coupled with VR it is incredibly immersive. The rumble actually went out on me briefly last night due to a software issue that I was having and sucked the immersion right out of the game for me. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if this were to ever give up the ghost.

You'll probably also want to buy simshaker for aviators software so you can make adjustments to the different systems in each aircraft. Well worth the small price for the software in my opinion.

SimShaker for Aviators for DCS is free.