[FIXED IN NEXT UPDATE] HSI problem

killerwhale

Looks like there's no waypoint selected or your waypoint is the airbase. If it's the base that would explain the 0-NM to waypoint.

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

I tested flying INSTANT action missions and the HSI is not working either. Can anyone else verify this?

Pre-defined steerpoints don't work ATM. If you manually create steerpoints, the HSI will show them correctly.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hate Beta

Then don't use it?! :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, noting the Threads title - [FIXED IN NEXT UPDATE] At least the next Viper update will be a bumper one! (Trying to look for the silver lining here)

Shame it will just be full of fixes to stuff that was working and is now broken, not an actual increase in systems functionality.

Actually - genuine question. Is there any testing whatsoever at all for new code before patch update, or just wing it and hope it works, noting it is EA and you can just fix it next patch (which I mean is fair enough given we are on Beta)? But I would have thought a quick 5 min flight before release would have identified the radar elevation borked, 30 secs airborne and you would realise the steerpoints don't work etc...

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any testing whatsoever at all for new code before patch update, ...

It doesn't seem so, otherwise this all would not happen IMHO. We customers are the testers for OB obviously :)

It seems they do not have any standard mission for each aircraft which they can test all systems after patching them.

I have a few mission for testing the Viggen, but stopped testing for ED, since they don't pay :D

But I do reports here and then ..

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
I tested flying INSTANT action missions and the HSI is not working either. Can anyone else verify this?

I tested in Start up tutorial and HSI is not receiving navigation data too.

In the Taxi tutorial everything is Ok.

Instant action/Caucasus/cold and dark start/ I found the same problem!

I think all missions with aircraft could and dark has the same problem.

Was this bug already reported?

Instant action/Caucasus/cold and dark start/ I found the same problem!

Works fine for me. Was your INS aligned properly, with the switch turned to NAV after alignment?

This is my EHSI in the Caucasus cold-and-dark IA, prior to taxi:

TUwEo1V.png

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset