Helicopter winching & fast rope capacity

jojo

In real life, I think almost every helicopter has a winch option for SAR.

This is currently a missing feature on DCS helicopters. So I guess this is due to DCS World.

Being able to winch soldiers/ pilots on the ground & at sea would add a lot of interest for helicopters operations in DCS World.

Especially since naval operations are building up (Harrier on Tarawa, Hornet, Tomcat...) we need an helicopter to rescue pilots ejected at sea.

Some assets to perform medical SAR on civilian ships or on the ground would be welcome too.

Fast rope to deliver troops would be fun too :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

+1

And the capacity to remove the catenary along the railroads if we want to make winch missions between trains and helicopters, like in the "Unstoppable" movie.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

+1 At the moment I believe the Mil Mi-8MTV2 we currently have has a winch on the front right door, but at the moment is non-functional.

It would be great if someday it could be implemented for ©SAR etc

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1 Very Cool!

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I like the idea but for sea rescues they will first have to fix the problem with sinking into the water. Maybe an automatic inflatable life vest could remedy the issue along with green dye to aid in finding the down pilot.

Here is the perfect example from Top Gun. Which by the way I fear there could be quite a few F-14's going into flatspins if not flown with caution to avoid it.

Edited by Evoman

This kind of life raft are stowed into ejection seat and linked to pilot's life vest.

https://survitecgroup.com/media/208739/single-seat-brochure.pdf

Survival equipment include a lot of option to be spotted.

- green powder to enhance visual signature

- mirror

- smoke

- chaff mini rocket to be spotted on radar.

- radio emergency beacon and GPS.

This is important part of naval operation, and an interesting job for helicopter pilots :smilewink:

MH60S_8.jpg

sh60-003rs.jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

+1

and also glass for huey and mi-8 (they don't have glass)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You see in the picture, isn't it a rope motor that mounted over the door?

Maybe it's in the To-Do List.

Screen_161203_204945.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You see in the picture, isn't it a rope motor that mounted over the door?

Maybe it's in the To-Do List.

Screen_161203_204945.jpg

lifting enemy with this winch then shoot with this huge machine gun would be fun :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

• 1 month later...

+1 for literally ANY bit more attention towards helicopter stuff. Right now we just sling some lead occasionally, ferry imaginary soliders into the battlefield and maybe slingload. Troop models in the cabin of aircraft as well as troop embarking/disembarking animations need to be a thing along with stretchers/medevac models and whatnot to make the rotor side a bit more... caught up.

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...

There are so many thing ED could do for choppers but it is not where the most money is. So they rather put more effort on series of fighters/bombers F14,15,15,18,.... to please the Maverick inside most of us.

Winching and fast roping has been made available by the community with CTLD. It still takes a little bit of imagination of course. You don't actually see the guys. There are just popping out of nowhere. I don't know how hard though it would be to do a real animation. I am no programmer.

Troop transport exists in game, but MP doesn't seem to like it. Only SP.

CSAR operations requires another script.

In flight refueling: that would be cool but we don't have any chopper that can do that yet

Fire fighting: we have fires, what about water bombing capabilities?

Parachute dropping: can be done with a mod but very impractical. How cool would it be to parachute troops for the rear of the Mi8?

Anti submarine operations: Would require an SH60 or a Ka27 but wow, who are for torpedoes and depth charges?

Sniper operations: an attempt was made by polychop for the gazelle but they gave up. Would have loved it though.

Fat cow: Using a helicopter to refuel other helicopters!

Real multi crew!

• Like 1

There are so many thing ED could do for choppers but it is not where the most money is. So they rather put more effort on series of fighters/bombers F14,15,15,18,.... to please the Maverick inside most of us.

Winching and fast roping has been made available by the community with CTLD. It still takes a little bit of imagination of course. You don't actually see the guys. There are just popping out of nowhere. I don't know how hard though it would be to do a real animation. I am no programmer.

Troop transport exists in game, but MP doesn't seem to like it. Only SP.

CSAR operations requires another script.

In flight refueling: that would be cool but we don't have any chopper that can do that yet

Fire fighting: we have fires, what about water bombing capabilities?

Parachute dropping: can be done with a mod but very impractical. How cool would it be to parachute troops for the rear of the Mi8?

Anti submarine operations: Would require an SH60 or a Ka27 but wow, who are for torpedoes and depth charges?

Sniper operations: an attempt was made by polychop for the gazelle but they gave up. Would have loved it though.

Fat cow: Using a helicopter to refuel other helicopters!

Real multi crew!

amen

Youtube

In real life, I think almost every helicopter has a winch option for SAR.

This is currently a missing feature on DCS helicopters. So I guess this is due to DCS World.

+1

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to my vote too

Winching is one of the main activity of helicopters in the real world and the 2 helicopters of DCS that could have civilian activities too ( MI-8 and Huey) havn't this possibility.

As I've often already said, you ED people, you seem to want keeping DCS world as an only military simulator but on an other hand,you're selling modules having utility in civilian stuff in the real world ( the Christen eagle is the next) .

Since years, I'm asking some civilian characters and vehicles to match with these modules and as I've already said, I'm ready to pay an asset pack with civilian people and vehicles if you make it. In exemple, since the release of the NTTR map, I asked you several times, some police vehicles to match Huey and these vehicles in some police missions in LV and since years, you have deaf ears whereas these vehicles are already existing in static in the landscape you've made in NTTR. And you can't say that it's an heavy work to animate and to integrate them in the ME because you already have the model. Now, for the police cars, it's too late because an user ( joe Rowe) have made them in the "civilian objects mod" he made. Why do we have to wait that some users have the kindness to do what you should have done ?

If you want to keep DCS World as an only military simulator, stop selling modules that could be used in civilian use, or admit that DCS world is a civilian simulator too and give us the possibility to give civilian life too ( and not just military life) on the ground and civilian functions, as the winching, on these modules.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1