What should be fixed asap to make DCS a whole ?

BitMaster

Fix the Normandy map. And fire all 3rd party developers that bail before a product is finished, or that take years to finish products.

Seriously, how likely is anyone fully conscious to buy a Syria map created by the people who bailed on finishing Normandy? They make the developers at 1C cheer every time the Normandy map is mentioned.

And while you're making them go back and finish it, have them fix the colors. Or add Barney the Purple Dinosaur so the colors at least seem appropriate.

I'm very happy with everything that I have that was developed by Eagle Dynamics. And there are one or two 3rd party developers that can be relied on to deliver a good product.

As for the rest of them, it's like buying airplanes from some guy in a dirty raincoat with booze on his breath, in an alley, at 2:30 in the morning.

I'm about one more screwed up, unfinished 3rd party product away from suggesting that Eagle Dynamics protect their good name and end 3rd party development.

• 1 month later...
I would take the gameplay content first. Changes/additions like:

• Infantry teams, squads and platoons instead single soldier. So we can have thousands of infantry on the map. Shouldn't be difficult really as we can totally avoid individual AI and make a groups be like in RTS games where individuals goes to specific locations and form a basic formations for attack, movement etc.

• A crews to the vehicles, so we could see crews to run out of the vehicles before destruction.

• A better physics for main ground vehicles, like detracked, cannon damages, hull penetration etc.

• A AI moral for the vehicle crews, so they can be frightened out of the vehicles, they get stunned, simulation of some of them getting injured or killed so vehicle operational capability slows down etc. Just like in the RTS games.

• A huge improvement to ground units by adding a AI functionality to their operation. It would be total overhaul of everything in DCS. A simplified RTS kind ground units commanding in 3D camera view, a combination for military commands to gameplay so instead drawing routes, you tell them where to go at what time, on what direction enemy will come, what are the engagement ranges and zones, and then what are the primary, secondary and tertiary positions. Rules of engagements, rules of withdraw etc. That to get RTS gamers to invest to DCS ground war, where we could start to have hundreds/thousands of the vehicles going around the map.

• A new logic simulator for the intelligence and communications. If one group unit gets attacked, not all units in group might know it right away, until it is informed. A one group engaged somewhere doesn't mean everyone knows it right away, but there is a delays that radio communication working (unless jammed, killed, destroyed etc) and you might have "fog of war" around your troops too that you don't know exactly what is happening somewhere unless you go there to observe it. So changing the todays RTS gameplay style to such that player doesn't know everything own troops knows, but player only knows what he can see on own area and know what his own controlled troops knows (so multiplayer RTS game requires communication, updates etc).
  • This AI automation as well includes that if you command some units to advance, they don't blindly obey you but they do try to maneuver to better position, get the simultaneous shots on enemy, pull back to cover and try to preserve their lives and operational conditions. More like in the Close Combat game series where you might lose control of the units, as you are not directly commanding them but indirectly, and you hope their training, moral etc gets them through the task you tell them to do.

• A one ultimate AI redesign for everything. where DCS is implemented with multi-level and multiple individual AI's that each of them are responsible to own tasks in the military command structure. Instead one AI doing everything, there are AI for logistics, one AI for the intelligence, one AI for engineering, one AI for strategy (main AI) and then own AI's for tactics for specific platoons/companies. Add a hexagonal map overlay to DCS maps and let the AI play the dynamic campaign against each others. First to plan a strategy what are important routes, cities/towns/areas and then gather intelligence by recon from them. Decide what companies sent where for defence/attack and then start to prepare supply routes etc to get there etc. The multi-level AI is such that each AI is very much simplified and designed to do only their task, so example the supply officer doesn't decide where troops go, but only can limit what troops gets the fuel, ammunition etc based priorities, distances, routes etc. So you can see supply colonna moving on roads or railways to locations enemy has secured for themselves. You can find recon units going to patrols around the secured areas, go deeper to unknown areas and even prepare some areas where enemy is to get intelligence for the attack. Then simple tactics AI with "rock-paper-scissors" logic kind where you don't send a CAS aircraft against a SAM, but you send a attack aircraft or even SEAD. You don't send fighter against a ship but Anti-Ship capable aircraft. If there is a MBT platoon near the protected bridge, you need to send three MBT platoons against it with the artillery support and attack aircrafts etc. Even the old Age of Empires II game did this basic thing, recon check what you have capability to build and then counter them with corresponding units and send them there. If there was no intelligence, generic units were sent to find it out.

That as the main changes/improvement to DCS. RTS game part to it so we can have thousands of RTS game fans building the missions, making the war where virtual pilots could fly and fight. Someone could really be a supply helicopter pilot, do the evacuations etc. No need for complex mission editor and mission designers as there could be real time players doing strategies for daily jobs or even just weekly tasks.

If I would touch something for the visuals, it would be:

• The weather system. Just add the good clouds, so we can see the complex cloud formations, fly around them and enjoy to search enemy between cloud pillars and buffs etc. Get there more different kind cloud formations so we can have rain from just large clouds instead full sky being one cloud coverage.

• And most importantly, randomly generated (to map, not to each individual player) ground clutter. So rocks, small trees, bushes, creeks, crop fields etc that are there to hide infantry, hide ground vehicles, make spotting more difficult as you can't separate a concealed MBT next to forest line.

It would make the ground troops task more important to get them signal you where the targets are as you can't spot them from 2km altitude with naked eye so easily, or even not by using thermal cameras etc. You can't just launch a IR guided missile to something that doesn't reflect enough IR signal.

If the game is pretty, and there is challenge for gameplay wise (WW2 era fighters or just any cold war aircraft with lower tier radar or lack of radar, to ground attack aircrafts pilots to find visually the target that is stationary, vs one that is moving or easy to spot).

Have you forgotten this is a flight simulator ? Sure , you could have all this , but there would be no computer resources left for aircraft !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Normandy actually runs very well after the last couple of patches, at least for me. Dunno what they did to it, but seemingly something major...

+1, runs also fine for me

Fix the Normandy map. And fire all 3rd party developers that bail before a product is finished, or that take years to finish products.

Seriously, how likely is anyone fully conscious to buy a Syria map created by the people who bailed on finishing Normandy? They make the developers at 1C cheer every time the Normandy map is mentioned.

And while you're making them go back and finish it, have them fix the colors. Or add Barney the Purple Dinosaur so the colors at least seem appropriate.

I'm very happy with everything that I have that was developed by Eagle Dynamics. And there are one or two 3rd party developers that can be relied on to deliver a good product.

As for the rest of them, it's like buying airplanes from some guy in a dirty raincoat with booze on his breath, in an alley, at 2:30 in the morning.

I'm about one more screwed up, unfinished 3rd party product away from suggesting that Eagle Dynamics protect their good name and end 3rd party development.

Maybe you can remember how long one or two helicopters were in Beta state? Maybe not.

Regarding Normandy, you know that there has been a major map update in summer or are you just trolling around? :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3522898&postcount=145

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3556589&postcount=149

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the multiplayer needs to be fixed, haven't been able to play multiplayer for almost a year. Another added in option would be a mouse pointer that is always centered in the middle of the screen that looks directly at buttons and I can lick them, so this might function like a video game with the dual joystick like PS4 or Xbox with a reticle in the middle. I don't have VR so right bnow this would be a nice option.

Cancerous Radar system in DCS. I might be Wrong here, but i Know a basic understanding of how radar works. if i am right the su25t has no radar, and since aim120c is an active radar missile, how can this specific missile track when the radar is off, other than from the enemy aircraft itself. could Someone please give me a short explanation in that

Cancerous Radar system in DCS. I might be Wrong here, but i Know a basic understanding of how radar works. if i am right the su25t has no radar, and since aim120c is an active radar missile, how can this specific missile track when the radar is off, other than from the enemy aircraft itself. could Someone please give me a short explanation in that

The aim-120 tracks initially on the radar lock and tracking info of the launching aircraft . At some point it goes "pitbull" and tracks autonomously via its own built-in radar .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

- > Overall Performance Issues

- > Optimise DCS further to be a bit less performance demanding

- > Fix the "delayed terrain rendering issue" ( DCS water first , then 1 - 2 sec later terrain, -> players even with strong CPU + GPU + high RAM and VRAM report this issue)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Because you do NOT have a basic understanding of how radar works ;)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I love DCS but most times I get bored quickly with gameplay. flipping switches and flying around killing targets that just sit there saying 'kill me, kill me' isn't very interesting at all.

We need some sort of proper online dynamic campaign ie. something that has:

1. moving map

2. proper thought into supply and logistics (an army moves on its stomach...or availability of fuel in this day and age)

3. proper battles, attacks, thrusts, etc controlled by AI

4. constant need to resupply our own troops

5. proper infantry animations esp boarding/exiting helicopters

6. ideally the AI would fight the AI in a big battle and we just join and leave as necessary

7. proper tactical and strategic targets which have flow on impacts to manpower, resources, etc

8. Proper beach invasions with landing craft, etc

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

FPS drops for example the fiest time a pilot ejects or, when certain kinds of weapons/bombs are used is the biggest annoyance all though I've kinda learned to live with it, it's the biggest blemish on my VR experience

Graphical problems such as clouds popping in and out, ocean textures flickering brown, are also highly annoying. There needs to be more polish to existing content

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

players even with strong CPU + GPU + high RAM and VRAM report this issue

Irrelevant since people with stronger rigs usually clog them with higher settings :)

I love DCS but most times I get bored quickly with gameplay. flipping switches and flying around killing targets that just sit there saying 'kill me, kill me' isn't very interesting at all.

Do they shot back at you? It would be boring indeed if they don't defend themselves. Also most of what you want is already possible with smart mission building. Have you tried DLC campaigns?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Anti-aliasing that doesn't cripple performance.

Improved night lighting in VR.

Improved labels: visibility dependent on size / aspect of object as well as distance, only visible through cockpit canopy.

Kneeboard tabs that can be saved permanently.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Dynamic Campaign engine (One perfectly valid for MP)

.(very far behind)

MP stability

Improved AI

FLIR rendering

Dedicated servers

Improved A2A missile guidance

Improved Electronic Warfare (Keeping it within public available data> more than a single super simplistic type of jamming...etc)

Edited by falcon_120

The AI and ATC would be where I would start. These two things combined would be a game changer for single player and multiplayer and be the foundation upon which a dynamic campaign can exist. As it is, I don't see how a DC is even possible with the stupidity of the AI now. You would have 100 airplanes ditching their weapons, flying into each other, and ejecting on the runway or when they run out of fuel mid mission. As it stands, AI is entirely too hard to coerce into doing what you want via the editor, and is ridiculous to try and get into a meaningful dogfight. The instant death from SAMs that gain line of sight in helicopter situations, etc are some of the things that need to be looked at.

All the stuttering/pauses.

YESSSS!!

People gripe about shadows, ground troops, clouds, properly simulated relief tube function etc. etc. etc. but it's the STUTTERING in combat that kills it!

I have a fairly modest PC by some people's standards, but I find the overall performance of 2.5.x to be excellent. Framerates are good at high detail settings. I have DCS installed on an NVMe drive and have my pagefile on my SATA SSD, so I get fast texture loads. Just flying around, even with a large number of aircraft (30+) in one area, framerates are good and the sim runs smoothly.

But, actually pop an opponent? Stutter.

Dude ejects? Stutter.

Plane breaks up as it goes down? Stutter.

Aircraft finally augers in? Yet another stutter.

Large missions mean lots of engagements, and that means lots of stuttering.

As I've mentioned before, and so have numerous others, this *really* needs sorting out!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Try adding SAMs to missions?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!