Parking Brake Handle

SandMan23

Given the lighting in the cockpits (darkness), and with the loss of the working flashlight, it is almost impossible to see the Harrier parking break handle.

Would it be possible to add a highlight (e.g. yellow) across the top edge of the handle to make it visible in the cockpit. Noting too outlandish - just a subtle identifier?

I was able to use the flashlight in the current build. L-alt L still works for me.

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

In full daylight having to use a flashlight to find a handle is plain ridiculous.

I have to hover the mouse and wait for the symbology to appear before I can set or release the parking brake. The textures are way too similar for any practical use.

The parking brake lever being mostly hidden under the throttle lever, I don't see much benefit from these ideas. I've mapped it to a switch on my button box to make it easier.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Trust your keybinds/hotas bindings. Hold the brakes and move the throttle forward slightly if you absolutely must. If you hear the RPM's go up or see the throttle move beyond idle you know the parking lever isn't engaged.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I have it mapped to my hotas - cannot visually see the handle to tell if it is engaged or not is the issue.

Simple, if you can see it and it's pushed away further from the throttle, it's off, if you'Re having an issue to see it cuz it's hidden with the throttle, it's on, since when it's on it blocks the throttle to stay down to avoid accidently push the throttle forward when parked.

Simply lean forward a bit, put the cursor around the base of the throttle where it should be until i get the green arrow showing it's over and click it, or simply bind it.

The parking brake lever being mostly hidden under the throttle lever, I don't see much benefit from these ideas. I've mapped it to a switch on my button box to make it easier.

There must be a good reason for it, as when it's close to the Throttle, meaning it's on, it kinda clips into the throttle avoiding it being pushed further, maybe a fast way to know for the pilot it's on or even a safety as, there are 2 other levers close by to the throttle, the STO Stop lever and the Nozzle lever, so lots of manipulation being made there during start-up procedures, before take-off or even taxing, so for the real reason i dunno, but there must be a real good one since it's one of the few aircraft the parking breake is set this way. Could also be the fact that it alows the throttle to being push a bit away to get in idle postion for startup procedure and avoid it being pushed further away if the nozzles aren'T set properly with the Flaps to avoid dmg to the flaps... dunno i am not ingeneer, but again i'm sure they made it for a specific reason.

The brake lever is in the correct position. You couldn’t really see it irl. You had to apply foot brakes to use the parking brake to prevent cable damage. However the Harrier brakes dissipate in quite a short period of time so the handle didn’t do a lot unless the engine was or had just been running or the pressure had been pumped up using the hand pump.

I just bound it to the following:

R-Shift + P = Forward

R-Ctrl + P = Back

They are available binds, ie not currently used elsewhere on the aircraft.

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]